I Promise

You Bring Out the Best in Me

Jongin and Kyungsoo agreed to meet the boys at noon to spend a little time together. Jongin was a nervous wreck. Even though he ate almost every meal with the trio, he never really got to know the boys much. He knew Baekhyun liked to sing and Chanyeol liked to play sports. He noticed they seemed to really like each other but Jongin never said anything. He knew Luhan was from China and liked to dance. In the end, Kyungsoo was the only person Jongin got to know since he moved in.

Jongin and Kyungsoo went to the room a few doors down from their own room, hands brushing every now. Sparks of energy went up Jongin’s arm every time he touched the elder, even just briefly. They knocked on the door that said 314 and were met by a frazzled looking Baekhyun. Kyungsoo laughed and gave Baekhyun a knowing smirk.

“Did we interrupt your little play time? Did you already forget our plans,” joked Kyungsoo. Jongin gave the pair a confused look. Kyungsoo noticed and addressed the situation.

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are together,” said Kyungsoo. As soon as Kyungsoo spoke, Baekhyun leaped forward, clamping a hand onto Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“Yah! Why don’t you just take a mega horn and shout it out in the flipping quad,” scolded Baekhyun, pulling the duo into his dorm room.

“Seriously, I could hear you from in here,” said Chanyeol, who was sitting on his unkempt bed going through some movies.

“Sorry, I just thought Jongin should know. He doesn’t have a problem with it. Right Jongin,” asked Kyungsoo with a slight grin. Jongin nodded and gave a smile to Kyungsoo.

“Of course not. I have laid plenty of guys before,” said Jongin without thinking. He regretted it immediately. I am such an idiot. I really need to get a filter. I just had to say that. Chanyeol and Baekhyun gave him strange looks while Kyungsoo just stared at the ground.

“I-I’m sorry. That was wrong of me to say,” apologized Jongin quickly.

“You got that right,” whispered Kyungsoo. Jongin went over and hugged him tightly.

“Please forgive me. I wasn’t thinking,” whispered Jongin into his ear. Kyungsoo nodded and gave him a smile.

“Does someone want to tell us what’s going on,” asked Chanyeol, who was giving them a questioning look.

“Uh, I use to be like the Wu brothers. But I’m not anymore! I’m actually trying to do better. Kyungsoo is helping me. I need to get my act together and study harder,” said Jongin quickly as he stepped back from Kyungsoo, giving Kyungsoo distance since Jongin could tell the elder was still upset with him. He was not off the hook just because he said sorry. He was seriously going to have to make it up to Kyungsoo. He hated hurting him.

“He also told them no,” said Kyungsoo. Baekhyun gave a gasp while Chanyeol stopped what he was doing to give him big eyes.

“And he is still alive? Well, that explains the rumors,” said Baekhyun with a huff as he went to go sit on Chanyeol’s bed. Jongin knew there was a rumor about him and Kyungsoo screwing around but there are more now?

“There are more now,” asked Kyungsoo, copying Jongin’s thoughts.

“Ne, it’s circling around that you two are together and screwing around,” said Chanyeol with a smile. A knock was heard, interrupting the group. Baekhyun let in a red-faced Luhan who was a tad out of breath.

“Woah, you ok,” asked Chanyeol. Luhan huffed and nodded quickly.

“Some guys stopped me asking if Jongin actually did Kyungsoo in the bathroom. They kept asking for me to give them Jongin’s number so they could get laid, too. They wouldn’t leave me alone and followed me. I had to run in a circle to lose them. Finally did around the music rooms,” huffed Luhan as he plopped down on Baekhyun’s bed. Jongin gave Kyungsoo a curious look. Kyungsoo was biting his lip in worry, looking down at his shoes. The rumors made Jongin furious. He was trying to mind his own business but these guys just had to mess with him and someone who meant the world to him. Jongin stormed across the room and out the door, slamming it shut behind him. He stormed down to Kris’s room and banged on the door with his fists clenched. Yixing opened it, his signature stoned look in place. He gave Jongin a confused look.

“What?”

“What is with you people? I say no and you decide to spread some crap about me? Leave me and Kyungsoo alone or I will have to do something I really don’t want to do,” yelled Jongin.

“Dude, I don’t have a problem with you. It was Kris’s doing,” said Yixing as he leaned against the door.

“Well tell him to stop being such a tool and leave me alone. I am not going to betray Kyungsoo just for a bunch of lowlifes.”

“Uh, you used to be a ‘lowlife.’ You belong with us, not a bunch of losers,” said Yixing with a grimace at the word losers.

“Yeah, well now I am not. I am one of those so called losers. Now, leave us alone or I will have to doing something I really rather not do,” said a furious Jongin. He left Yixing and went back to the couple’s room. He came back in to the boys putting in some gory zombie movie. Kyungsoo gave him a questioning look. Jongin shrugged and sat next to him on the floor in front of the TV. The boys watched movies for a while and then switched to video games. When nine rolled around, Jongin and Kyungsoo said goodnight and headed to their room.

“What did you do,” asked Kyungsoo as they headed to their room.

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean. What did you say to them?”

“Nothing, I just told them to leave us alone,” said Jongin nonchalantly. Kyungsoo nodded and opened the door for Jongin.

“You are serious about us,” stated Kyungsoo as they closed the door, not bothering to turn on a light.

“Of course! I may have not known you long, but I want to get to know you more. I want to know everything about you, Do Kyungsoo. I want to know what your favorite color is and what makes you laugh. I want to know if you like the crust on your sandwiches and if you like tea. I want to know every embarrassing story you have. Most of all, I want you to feel loved and cared for. Because I now I know why you are so cold sometimes. You aren’t use to being loved right; you never have been,” said Jongin as he stared at Kyungsoo, who was so beautiful in the dim lighting. Kyungsoo stayed looking at his feet during Jongin’s speech. Tears began to spill halfway through it. Kyungsoo looked up and placed a hand on Jongin’s cheek.  

“Promise me that you won’t hurt me,” whispered Kyungsoo, tears falling freely now. Jongin placed his hand on top of Kyungsoo’s.

“I promise.”

"Then I am yours."

A/N: I am sorry this chapter kind of . Drama is coming! Oh no! Anyways, thank you to all for reading, commenting, and subscribing! It means alot to me that people are actually reading this even though it is kind of going downhill. I will try to update soon! Also, has anyone else watched Medical Top Team? Because man, I just finished it and it was trully amazing. I was on the edge of my seat quite a bit. Minho's acting made me cry. I highly suggest you watch it if you haven't. Also, if you guys know of anymore exciting Kdramas, please tell me! Anyways, thank you!