What They Don’t Know Won’t Kill Them

You Bring Out the Best in Me

Kyungsoo led Jongin to dinner that night. Jongin saw a few groups to the side watching them as they went by, some whispering. Jongin looked over at Kyungsoo.

“It is because you are new. No one has ever come this late,” says Kyungsoo, avoiding Jongin’s look. Jongin nodded and continued following Kyungsoo. They entered the dining hall with whispers still following them.

“You can sit with me if you want. I don’t care,” said Kyungsoo hesitantly. Jongin looked at him and slowly nodded.

“Might as well. It is that or sitting alone.”

            Kyungsoo nodded and showed him to their seats. Kyungsoo stopped at a table with three boys seated at it. Jongin recognized Baekhyun but that was it. One was very feminine with chocolate brown hair, fair complexity, and kind eyes. Jongin was actually surprised a boy could hold such beauty. He was nothing close to what Jongin normally slept with. Jongin, get a grip. You are supposed to clean up your act. Not screw a pretty boy. The boy to the left of feminine boy was manlier. He had a slight goofy grin, brown hair combed back and a very lean but slightly muscular built. He was slightly attractive but not Jongin’s type. Kyungsoo sat down and introduced Jongin. Baekhyun was the only one to greet him, the others too shocked to see Kyungsoo bring someone to their table. Jongin sat down with a slight smile to Baekhyun, only to show thanks for the kindness.

“Well, this is a surprise. It is not every day Kyungsoo brings a friend. I am Chanyeol,” says the manly one of the group.

“I’m Luhan. It is nice to finally see someone new,” says Luhan with a smile. Jongin noticed he had a genuine smile that met his eyes. Jongin smiled back and nodded. Kyungsoo huffed and got up without saying a word. Jongin gave his new companions a confused look.

“He is not a very friendly person, is he,” asked Jongin with a slightly bitter voice. Baekhyun shrugged.

“He just doesn’t like you yet. He is very closed to people. He will warm up eventually since you are roommates with him. He has never had one so don’t feel too bad. He will come around eventually,” said Baekhyun. Jongin nodded and looked down. He was trying his best to play nice. He didn’t want to have deal with any drama from anyone. However, he did have some questions.

“Kyungsoo mentioned something about the Wu brothers. Why does he have a problem with them so much,” inquired Jongin. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

“They are jerks. They run this school with fear. They think they can sleep with anyone. On more than one occasion have they been caught in the bathrooms in the middle of screwing around with a guy. This school has about 200 kids. At least half have been in one of the brother’s bed. Kyungsoo hates how cocky they are and how they think they can do what they want,” says Chanyeol.

“Even more, Kris tried to get Kyungsoo in bed. When Kyungsoo denied, the Wu brothers made it their personal mission to piss Kyungsoo off. He has his rights to hate them,” says Luhan. Jongin nodded and took in what they said. It was ironic how they were talking to him, someone who did stuff like that, about how horrible those guys were. Jongin gave a slight chuckle of awkwardness.

“Yeah, they sound bad,” replied Jongin. The trio nodded. What they don’t know won’t kill them. Kyungsoo finally came back with a blank face and clench fist. Jongin could tell the trio noticed as well but decided not to say anything.

            Dinner was soon served and they all lapsed in silence to eat. Jongin found out how Baekhyun was class president of the fourth years. Chanyeol and Luhan were fourth years as well, both having wealthy families. Luhan was from China but his parents moved to Korea for his father’s job. Luhan was also involved with the dance department at Saseum. Jongin learned they had practices every Tuesday before dinner. He invited Jongin to the next practice to see if he was interested. Jongin smiled and nodded, accepting the invitation. Kyungsoo stayed silent through dinner, his eyes never leaving his plate. Does he really not like me that much?

            Kyungsoo suddenly got up, excused himself with an excuse about homework, and left to go to his dorm. Jongin looked at the trio; they all sighed and shrugged.

“He will get use to you in a day or two,” assured Luhan. Jongin nodded and continued eating in silence. When he was done, he wished the trio goodnight and went to his room. Jongin walked across the quad, but was stopped when two guys approached him. One was tall, manly with muscular built and blonde hair. The other was medium height, manly but with a lithe built and brown hair. They stepped in front of Jongin, stopping Jongin in his tracks.

“So you are the new kid? You are good looking as they say,” said the taller or the duo. Jongin gave a smirk.

“Why do you care? Now if you excuse I am going to more dorm,” remarked Jongin as he tried to go around the duo. A big hand stopped him. Jongin glared at the owner.

“Excuse, but you are not going just yet. I am Kris Wu. This is my brother Yixing. We would like it if you could join us tomorrow night. Sort of like a welcoming party,” said Kris with a smile that held no warmth. Jongin gave the idea a thought. It sounded rather nice. Jongin nodded, accepting the invitation.

“Great! The party will be in room 318 tomorrow after dinner. Also, don’t bring any of your lame friends,” said Kris as he walked away, Yixing following behind. Jongin nodded and smirked. Maybe I can have a little fun here. Then his mother’s words came into his mind. She had said he needed to clean up his act. However, how was she going to find out about some silly party? What they don’t know won’t kill them.

Jongin finally made it back to his dorm. He entered to see Kyungsoo laying in his bed, still awake but laying down. Jongin went to his bed and sat down, taking off his shoes. Kyungsoo looked over at Jongin as he started getting ready for the night.

“I’m sorry for coming off cold. I’m not use to your kind being friendly,” said Kyungsoo lightly. Jongin raised an eyebrow.

“My kind?”

“Yes. I am not dumb. I know who you are Kim Jongin. I use to live in Seoul before I came here. You are like them, the Wu brothers. I bet they invited you to their little group already. Just stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours,” says Kyungsoo, who reaches over to turn his half of the lights out. Jongin sighs and nods.

“Fair enough. I am just here until I can prove I don’t belong here. I will be out of your hair soon,” says Jongin, crawling into bed and turning his lights out. Silence blanketed the room just like the darkness.

Jongin closed his eyes but sleep did not claim him yet. Jongin thought about the male across the room in his own bed. Jongin did not know why Kyungsoo’s words hurt him. He wasn’t into Kyungsoo. He was attractive, breathtaking actually in his own way, but not Jongin’s normal type. While his normal type was either lanky or muscular, Kyungsoo was thin but in a good, healthy way. He has the most breathtaking eyes Jongin has ever seen. Jongin shook his head. He was not into the boy; after all, he barely knew the kid. But maybe he did like Kyungsoo, who came off colder than the artic and more sarcastic than Squidward. Jongin sighed and shut his mind off with a final thought: what Kyungsoo didn’t know won’t kill him.

A/N: I want to thank all of those who have read, commented, and subscribed! I am glad you guys are all liking this. Please give it love and comment! Comments are loved and motivation! Thank you all again. Also, sorry for any typos!