This Is Going to Be a Long Semester

You Bring Out the Best in Me

Jongin walked through the twin old oak doors and took in the musty smell of the place. It was two stories tall, with a sketchy staircase. Is this seriously all there is to this school?  It was big but not big enough to house 200 high school boys and classes.

“There is housing behind the school. The garden is a little down the road, near a lake. This is just where classes are,” said an airy voice in front of him. He looked over and saw a boy close to his age at a desk. He was writing down something in a book that looked worn by age. Obviously, he has done this before. Jongin walked over to the desk, his luggage trailing behind him. The boy behind the desk looked up and gave a slight smile.

“Hi, I am Byun Baekhyun, a fourth year. You are late in the year for a new student. What is your name and I will look for your key to your dorm,” asked the boy as he got another book out from under the old desk.

“Kim Jongin. I was forced here,” replied Jongin with a sigh. Baekhyun nodded and looked through the book to find his room.

“Most are. I have you down for room 205 with Do Kyungsoo. You will like him. He is fourth year. He is very polite. He likes to stick to himself though. Do not be surprised if he does not talk at first,” said Baekhyun as he went to fetch the key from some hooks behind the desk. Great, thought Jongin, at least he is my age. He handed Jongin his and schedule, supplying some directions to the dorms.

“Good luck! If you need me, I am in room 314 or here,” said Baekhyun as he watched Jongin leave.

As promised, the dorms were behind the main building. Jongin walked with his luggage, trying his best to not look out of place, even though classes started in July and it was September. It was an understatement to say a few stared at him on their way to lunch. Jongin kept his head high and shoulders back. He doesn’t need them to judge him so harshly. He just wanted out of the school and home. This is going to be a long semester, thought Jongin.

Jongin finally made it to his room in one piece with his luggage. He put his key in the old door and turned. It stuck a little but slid open with a small creak. He was met by a medium sized room, one half covered in personal items and the other bare except the bed. The desk was covered in books, the closet on the left full of clothes, the bed made with striped sheets. Posters hung from the walls, adding a touch of personalization. Jongin stuffed his suitcases in and closed the door. He sat on the bed to test the springs. He creaked more than the stairs. Jongin grimaced and put his head in his hands.

His misery was short lived though. Jongin heard a key in the lock and saw a short boy open it. The boy had bug eyes and she seemed very tense. He gave a slight cough and an awkward wave.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, your roommate. They sent me over to greet you and show you around. Since it is your first day, we are excused form classes. You need to put on the uniform. I will wait outside,” said the boy in the door. Kyungsoo never left the doorway, nor did his eyes leave the ground. Kyungsoo shut the door to let Jongin change. Jongin unpacked his uniform and dressed quickly, he did not want to get off to a bad start with his roommate. Baekhyun said he didn’t talk much so hopefully Kyungsoo would leave Jongin alone after this.

            When Jongin opened the door, he saw Kyungsoo tense as he leaned against the opposite wall. Kyungsoo kept his head down and avoided looking at Jongin. He motioned for Jongin to follow him. Jongin reluctantly followed him down the steps, out into the quad, and to the main building. Neither one spoke a word until they got to the building. Jongin looked over and saw Baekhyun still at his desk. He gave Jongin a slight smile and thumbs up. Jongin sighed for the thousandth time that day. This place is going to be horrible, thought Jongin.

“This is where the main classes are. Do you have your schedule,” inquired Kyungsoo, taking Jongin out of his bubble of misery. Jongin nodded and handed his schedule to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked over it and sighed.

“We have three classes out of six together. You must be a fourth year,” said Kyungsoo, leading them down a long hallway to the left. Jongin nodded as his reply.

“This is the science wing. The other side is the math wing. Upstairs is English and foreign language wings. The creative classes are in the same building as lunch. That is across the quad from our dorms. Speaking of, lights out is at midnight. As you should have figured out already, no phones and no internet are allowed. You can have laptops but only for working on papers. You are late so you will have to work hard to catch up,” said Kyungsoo. He showed Jongin the different parts of the main building and ended with the creative rooms in the other building. Luckily for Jongin, they had a decent dance studio. At least one good thing is here.

“Do you dance,” asked Kyungsoo as he noticed Jongin finally smile at something. The whole time Jongin had been unresponsive. Jongin gave off the aura of importance. Jongin nodded and examined the room.

“Yeah, I started out young. At least I will have something to do. I heard you are a quiet one,” said Jongin to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blushed and shrugged.

“Sort of. There is not many good people here. Most are nice, like my friends Luhan and Baekhyun. Others are mean, like Kris and Yixing,” said Kyungsoo with a straight face. Jongin gave a slight smile.

“What is wrong with them,” asked Jongin. Kyungsoo paled.

“They are Wu brothers. They rule Saseum. Everyone calls them the “Playboys” because they get kicks out of messing around with everyone. They will screw anyone and everyone. Anyways, let’s go get ready for dinner,” said Kyungsoo as he led Jongin back to the dorms. Jongin thought about what Kyungsoo said. The “Playboys” sounded a lot like him. Before he was home schooled, Jongin went to a boarding school in Seoul. There he met Sehun and together they ruled over their co-ed school. They were known for partying, getting into fights, and sleeping with anything good looking. Jongin never stopped after he became home schooled. He slept with plenty of girls and a fair supply of guys. Jongin didn’t care as long as they were good looking. Obviously, Kyungsoo had a problem with that. For some reason, Jongin seemed to want to make Kyungsoo happy.

Jongin stopped in his tracks. Where did that thought come from? Who cares if he is happy with my actions?!

“You coming,” called Kyungsoo as he led Jongin up the steps. Jongin nodded and hurried after Kyungsoo, a slight blush on his cheeks. Jongin passed it because of the walk up the steps, not because he was embarrassed for being caught in his moment. This is going to be a long semester.

 

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading, commenting, and subscrubing! This is my first story in a long time and my first of this pair so it means a lot if you like it. I hoped you guys like it and I will post more soon as a can. Please give it love! Thank you~