Part 7.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

Taecyeon wakes up when the sunlight creeps through the window curtains. He opens his eyes and looks around his room. Examining his room without passion has becomes his morning routine. Each morning, he checks his room. He sees new things that he has never noticed before, but two things, he will always feel both outside and inside: hollow because of emptiness. Although his room contains many things such as pictures of himself from young to old on the wall, two big shelves full of books by a desk with two lights, a big mirror infront of his bed, a small plant by the windows, a small sofa in the middle of the room and lastly the bathroom with all of his stuff. Even though his brain is full of paper works, upcoming due projects, and etc.. , he still feel like a empty shell. Taecyeon can tell that he needs to fulfill a need buries deep within himself. After contemplation of emptiness, he gets up and prepares for another day at work.

 

"Good morning" an officer greets Taecyeon when he steps out of the elevator.

"Morning!" Taecyeon greets back as he walks toward his office.

He stops at the door when he hears Chansung calls his name.

"Morning Taec hyung."

"Morning!"

"You don't look too good these couple days" examining Taecyoen's gloomy face.

"What's going on?" he gawks.

"Nothing."

"Lier, you can't lie to me hyung, a message is written all over your forehead."

"Stop joking around, " he rolls his eyes.

"You should be happy since you finally meet her again. The women you always talk about, shouldn't you be happy about it?" Chansung asks in a near whisper.

"It wasn't…"

Their conversation is interrupted by the foot steps that are shuffling toward them. 

"I am sorry to interrupt your conversation, but boss, may I talk to you for a little bit?"

They turn around and see Nickhun standing behind them with a handful of papers.

The moment Taecyeon sees Nickhun his heart skipped a beat, and it starts to pound heavily like he is going to have a heart attack. Who is he? Taecyeon thinks to himself while his eyes explore Nickhun's physical body up and down.

"Oh, this is Nickhun. My new assistant."

"Nickhun this is Taecyeon, my work partner or my work buddy."

"Hi, nice to meet you" Nickhun reaches out his hand for a formal handshake. With a blank brain, he does not notice Nickhun's hand. After 30 second of waiting for a handshake, Nickhun finally puts his hand down awkwardly, thinking how rude of Taecyeon.

"Taec?" Chansung calls.

"Yea..I will be in my room." Taecyeon says and waddles waddles into his office.

"Don't mind him, he isn't usually like this. What do you need help with?"

"Yea, I can't seem to find this specific place for the meeting next week."

 

Taecyeon slams his hand bag on his desk and loosen his tie. What just happen? He tries to clear his mind by shaking his head a couple times. I must be tired. He takes a couple deep breaths and hold them for a couple seconds then releases them. This should do the trick. He looks back at Nickhun and Chansung; they're at Nickhun's desk looking at Nickhun's laptop. 

 

That man, Nickhun, he is somewhat attractive. What am I thinking? Taecyeon mentally slap himself to get back to reality.  He takes off his coat, and tries to relax his suddenly go tense muscles by taking more deep breaths before he sits down on his comfy leather chair. 

+Lunch time+

Chansung goes straight to Nickhun and asks him to join them for lunch, however, Nickhun says he needs to finish the reports first for their upcoming meeting. 

"It's alright, you need to relax a little bit and eat lunch for energies fulfillment."

"I can have lunch a little bit later."

"Are you sure?" He is disappointed.

"Yes, " he responds without looking up at his boss because he is behind on his reports. 

"Well, would you like some orange juice then?"

Nickhun quickly looks up when he hears the word "orange juice". He wonders if the cartoon of orange he has received yesterday night is from his boss. 

"Since, you're busy, I will not bother you." With that he waddles away.

+Flash back+

Chansung cannot concentrate on his work. One of his eyes is on his laptop's screen, while the other eye is stalking the person outside of his office. That person with a small angel face with those big round hazel eyes. He cannot help it for stealing glances at him. Nickhun looks even cuter when he gets frustrated.

Chansung's day flys by just by staring at Nickhun. Before he goes home, he goes to the vending machine in the rest area and gets a cartoon of orange juice. He is planing to give it to Nickhun. On his way back his heart is pounding as it debates whether to give it to Nickhun or leaves it on Nickhun's desk. He decides to leave it on Nickhun's desk with a note, since Nickhun has gone inside his office and beside, he is too shy to give it to Nickhun face to face. Chansung cannot help it but smile like an idiot on his way home, and at the same time he is disappointed.

+End+

Taecyeon goes to Chansung's room and notices that chansung is not in his room anymore.

"He must gone to lunch already."

On his way to the elevator, Taecyeon quietly goes passed Nickhun pretending not to see Nickhun but within himself, he knows that he is trying to avoid Nickhun for no particular reasons. The elevator door opens and someone rushes out.

"Oppa…" Krystal runs toward Taecyeon and grabs his arm. 

"What are you doing here?" He surprisingly asks.

"I am here to join you for lunch."

"Ohh, then let go." 

He tries not to look back.

Is that the girl I met on the elevator the other day? Nickhun wonders.

+ Lunch room+

"What you're going to join us?" Taecyeon chokes on his cup of water.

"Oppa, are you okay?" She hands him some napkins. 

"Yes, I am going to join you and Chansung. Since I have some background experiences your mom said I am welcome to help come up with a conclusion about the candies. She said you had paid a big chunk of money to cooperate with the sweets making company, but the sales are not going well as planned. Oppa, I wonder why you cooperated with a sweets making company?"

"Mom, told you that?" He skips her question.

"Mind if I join you guys?" Chansung asks, holding a plate full of food. He sits down before he is invited. 

"Oppa, you must be very, very hungry" Krystal has to ask because of the amount of food on his tray.

"Yes, very, very" he replies.

"You two must be at the stage of dating." He looks at Taecyeon innocently.

"Chansung-ah" Krystal says blushing.

Chansung giggles.

"What about you oppa? Meet anyone who fit your category yet?" 

"Yea.. I meant no, maybe."

"Wow, that person must be one of a kind to enter the door to your lung" Taecyeon jokes.

"Matter of fact, that person is one of a kind."

"Oppa, are you going to introduce that one of a kind person to us?"

"Sure, in the nearby future, I definitely will."

"You know I wonder, how you even meet that person, since you never been out?" Taecyeon asks.

"Well, because I am a special person as well, " Chansung teases.

"So that person came to you?" Krystal wonders.

"Correct!"

"Wow, you're an unbelievable fake special person" Taecyeon mocks.

"Oppa, you're so mean."

Chansung laughes and high-fives Krystal for given such an accurate statement about Taecyeon.