Part 1.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

The last square is checked on a calendar full of beautiful pictures on the wall. Today marks the last day of this year, which points out how long Nickhun and Siwon are separated. Their beautiful relationship stop growing like a plant that is removed from sunlight. As months go by, the plant turns yellow because it is dying. Because of the decision Nickhun made on that day, Siwon was no longer presence. As sad as it sounds, Nickhun could not do anything about it except regrets and blames himself. 

"Happy Birthday!" his voice brittle.

+ At coffee shop+

"You're not coming with us?" Victoria asks. She sits across from Nickhun.

"No! I need to pack up and be ready before the truck arrived."

Victoria gives out a deep breath " it's time you forget about him and move on." 

Nickhun turns silent for a moment, then replies "yes, you're right."

She can see the sadness buries within his eyes. " I will be right here if you ever needed me." She smiles and puts her hand on top of Nickhun's

"Thanks!"

Victoria is hurting in the inside upon seeing her long time crush enduring pains alone. She wishes she could do something to help him out. She wishes not to replace Siwon but to take Siwon's place in Nickhun's heart. Unfortunately, her wish will never come true. She decides to be Nickhun's friend and supports him with all of her strength.

+

Taecyeon and his mother walk beside eachother as they enter a dark small room full of candles that have been lighted just for them. They spot a woman in her mid-thirties in the middle of the room with her eyes close. She is sitting in the same posture as the Buddha statues around her. The woman opens her eyes as Taecyeon and his mother enter. 

"Have a seat, " she says.

They sit down in front of the woman. Taecyeon examines the room while her mother tries to start a conversation with the fortune teller.

"We…."

"I know why you're here." Her words startle both of them.

"Your hand, " she puts out her right hand.

Taecyeon looks at his mother not knowing what to do. His mother signals back with her head and her eyes.

He puts out his hand, and the woman grabs it roughly. She opens Taecyeon's palm, and begin reading. She nodded her head once in a while to indicate that she saw something interesting. 

She finally lets go of Taecyeon's hand, and grabs a cup of water beside her. She takes a sip of the water and begin talking.

"I saw many things in the near future, both good and bad" nodding her head from side to side.

"What did you see?" Mrs. Ok asks.

"I saw many things."

"Such as….?" 

"Let, start it this way. If you give me enough then I will help erase them."

"How much would you like? I could give you as much as you need."

The women nods her head.

"He will soon meet his soul mate, but she is one of a kind" the women whispers. 

"What does that mean?" Mrs. Ok asks full curiosity. 

"She is full of life and she will be the one that lift up your son off his feet."

Her statement sounds silly to Taecyeon. Should it be the guy that sweeps the girl off her feet?

"When is she coming?" she asks like the fortune-teller would know.

The women stars at Taecyeon and says "she is coming nearer and nearer. Keep your eyes open for her, once she entered your life, she will change everything. She is BEAUTIFUL" the tone of her voice goes from high and low.

"She is super?" Mrs. Ok asks, and the women nodded. Mrs. Ok reaches inside her purse and takes out a handful of money. 

"What about the bad things?" Mrs. Ok asks before handing her the money.

The women's eyes glue to the money, and forget to answer the question. 

This woman is nothing but money digging. Taecyeon's patience wear out and storms off the room. If it isn't for his mother begging him all day, following him around the company, bugging him every second even during meetings, he would never come here. He is right, fortune-telling is nothing but nonsense. What could this woman sees? Nothing but money. How pathetic; this is the 21 century, and it's about science: affect and outcome, maybe some predicting but not foreseeing. If this woman is really an accurate fortune-teller, she should have seen that I will storm off to her place with no money on her hands.

"Taecyeon wait for me" Mr. Ok calling from behind. He ignores her and goes inside his car. His mom gets inside the car, still holding the money on her hand.

"Why did you came out? She was about to tell us your future, and you just walked out."

"I got some paperwork I need to finish" he replies, turning on the car's engine.

"It's about work again? When will you once realize and worry that you're getting older not younger."

Taecyeon drives away without saying anything.

"I am getting older too, and I want to see my grandchildren before I go to hell" squeezing her lips together like a child begging for candies with a pair of puppy eyes.

"Hell?"

"I am going to hell because I failed as a mother for not being able to find her son a wife."

Taecyeon rolls his eyes, not again. 

"Do you know how that would make me feel?"

Here goes her story. Taecyeon steps on the car's accelerator, and both of their heads jerk backward.