Part 6.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

+America/ Mr. Lee+

Mr. Lee's assistant walks in and reports information regarding Junho. 

"Sir, we are not able to track him down." 

The lack of information about Junho aggravates Mr. Lee. His relaxing face quickly turns dark.

"The agency we sent to trace Junho called back and claimed that Junho might have moved to some suburban areas where there are not many people."

"If that's so, check every suburban area and next time I expect at least a mark from Junho, not nothing" he orders.

"Let the agency know that and let him call me next time" he demands.

"Yes, sir, " he bows and left.

Mr. Lee takes out a photo on his desk drawer. The more he looks at the picture, the hotter the blazing flames his eyes becomes. That rascal.

+

Nickhun staples the two pages of the researches he has done today and cleans this desk before going home. Almost everyone has gone home already including his boss. He puts the stack of papers inside a black three ring binder and walks into his boss's office. He sets the binder on his boss's desk. Before going out, Nickhun sees a picture on a small square frame. The two people that are standing in front of a college are his boss and a handsome guy. The guy is just as handsome as his boss and a couple inches taller. He has a square-ish jaw line and some bigger teeth compare to Chansung's. Nickhun giggles when he sees how big the man's ear is. 

He walks back to his cubicle and spots a carton of orange juice on his desk with a purple sticky note. He looks around, but sees no one. Nickhun grabs the note ~ Drink it, you deserve it =).~ It must be the assistant that has helped me all day today. I do deserve it, I have worked so hard. He put on his long coat; grabs his bag and the cartoon of orange juice and left. He takes the city bus home.

 

"Ggomaengie….. Ggomaengie, where are you?" Nickhun hears a man's voice calling from afar as he walks to his house. The voice is coming toward his way. What is that guy looking for?"

"Ggomaengie, where are you?"

Nickhun ignors the calling and plans to go straight to his house, but he is stopped by the men. He is holding a flashlight and shines it at Nickhun.

"Excuse me, sir, but did you happen to see Ggomaengie?"

"No, not that I know of."

"He is white and little."

"Sorry, but I have not seen anything like that."

"Okay, thanks." The man walks toward the other direction.

+Junho's point of view+

"Where did you go Ggomaengie?" 

I have walked around this neighborhood all day, searching for him. Where can he be? I need to find him because he is the only relative I have. He is important because he is the last gift given me by my mom before she departed. Stay safe Ggomaengie and I will find you soon.

+

Nickhun opens his door and the puppy happily runs to him. 

"How are you?" Nickhun asks the puppy, and pats its head.

"You're home" Mrs. Horvejkul kisses her son on the cheek.

"I made your favorite dish."

"Really mom."

"Yup, go wash up and come down for dinner."

 

Nickhun goes to the dinning room for dinner after he has washed up. He takes the seat across from his mom. His mom gives him a plate full of spaghetti and meatballs. The puppy eats its usual meal, at the same place, under Nickhun. 

"How did you like your new job?"

"It was great mom, I met some great people there."

"That's great to hear."

"Are you going to come late like this every night?"

"I don't know yet."

The puppy tugs the bottom of Nickhun's pant with its teeth to tell that the puppy wants more milks. Nickhun pours it some more milk.

"What a cute puppy you got" Mrs. Horvejkul compliments.

"Yea.."

"What is its gender?"

"That a great question, I don't know I haven't check."

She giggles for that stupidest answer.

"It's a boy, you can tell by looking at it."

"That was my guess too."

"What is his name?"

"That I am not sur….. Little One." Nickhun quickly changes his answer. Saying that he doesn't even know his own puppy's name will creep his mother out. He would sound like a crazy person for getting the puppy without knowing its gender or its name.

"What a horrible name, " she teases.

"But it sounds great for this little cute puppy' she adds.

"I know" showing his best smile.

After they have finished dinner;  Mrs. Horvejkul washes the dishes while Nickhun showers Little One. 

+ Junho's point of view+

I decide to walk back home since it's getting late. It's getting dark and I am scared, not of anything but a human. My name is Lee Junho. I am a normal man who happens to be connected to a wealthy family tree. I am a normal because I find no spot in the family tree to fit in. I am normal because I work hard. I am normal because I chose to be. I come from a highly educate family. Ever since I can remember, I was separated from the rest of the world, to be kept contained. I have to earn my free time by studying harder. Ever since mom left my free time was completely cut off. I was sent to a far, far school where I did not fit in. I cried myself to sleep every night. I begged my dad to come visit me, but he was too busy. One winter, when I was about to turn 10, I waited until midnight and called Appa. 

"Who is this?" he sounded so tired.

"Hello dad." I was so excited at the same time nervous.

"Junho?" He sounded worried, I could tell by the tone of his voice.

"What do you want honey?"

"Dad, I miss you." I felt my hot tears forming.

"Who is that honey?" I heard my step mom's sleepy voice in the background.

"Are you okay Junho?" he asked again.

I wiped off my tears and said "dad, I want to come home and spend tomorrow with you."

"But you have school honey."

"I know dad. I have been doing excellent on all my works, so can you come pick me up since tomorrow is Saturday?"

"Honey, I am very busy though."

"I know dad, but do you know what tomorrow is?" my heart started to pound while waiting for the answer.

"Saturday?" he sounded unsure.

My heart dropped and tore into million pieces. My heart ached and my tears poured out. I hanged up!

"MOM" I called for her. "Mommy."

I buried my face under my pillow and poured my heart with my tears out. I had never been this disappointed in my life before. "Tomorrow is my birthday mom, and daddy forgot it" I cried out loud. I was not only physically absent in my dad's eyes, but also mentally. I was completely erased from his memory cells. Every year when mommy was still around, dad would take us out for dinner, but not this year or the next. I locked myself in my room during my birthday, and continued to weep. I made excuses that dad forgot about my birthday because he was too busy. Since I was 10 years old until my senior year of high school, I watched other kids celebrate their birthdays with their families. I pictured myself as the birthday boys. I closed my eyes, and made wishes. All the wishes that I had ever made never came true, instead they evaporated, just like me from my dad's brain. I accepted my new life and went to college. I worked my off and finally graduated. Now, I am old enough to be my own guardian and make my own decision. Since my dad no longer wants me, I have no purpose to exist in his life, so I cash out all of my money at the bank, and run away with Ggomaengie. My dad must have been pissed because of my irresponsible rebellion, so he sends a spy after me. When I am still in the city, I have to be careful not to be caught. I have been chased a couple times by the same spy that is why I have decided to move to the suburban area. I don't know why I have chosen to come to Korea, maybe because mom is born here. I hope to start fresh and new here.

+

"NOOOOO…." Nickhun screams in his dream. He opens his eyes with sweats dripping from his forehead. He stares out the window. The sun iss half up the horizon, its rays peek through the window curtains. The sounds coming from outside are little noises of bird singing, and wind whispering through the tree branches. He realizes it is just a dream. Nickhun wipes the perspiration off his face and closes his eyes and goes back to sleep. A tear rolls down the corner of his eyes. He gets up from bed, and rushes into the bathroom. He splashes cold waters onto his face, and tries to calm himself down to prevent his mental mind from drifting off into the past. He walks back to his bedroom with a hollow body. His dream has brought a ton of memories back,and it shuffles through his brain. Nickhun demands himself to blow them off, but he cannot not control his own brain. The more he tries, the more he misses Siwon; he can still smell Siwon's body odor in the airs. Another tear drops as Nickhun reaches down under his bed and takes out a small square box. He rips off the tapes, and takes out the leather coat. He hugs it tightly under his arms. 

"Siwon" he whisperes. Nickhun puts the coat on and goes back to sleep. He hopes it would help fulfill his desperateness. The coat still smell the same with Siwon's reminding body heats. He puts his hands inside the coat's pockets, and feel something inside one of the pockets. He takes it out. It is a small piece of paper cuts nicely with mountain pattern on one side of the paper. Nickhun unfolds it ,and reads the texts.

~Nickhun, I am sorry. I know when you finally read my letter, I won't be near you anymore. I am really sorry, I don't know how to tell you that I will always love you. I am really sorry because I love you. Goodbye Nickhun.~

Tears rush out unstoppable, Nickhun crawls into a ball, and cries his eyes out. It's too late, everything are just too late. His love for Siwon has slowly fades away, but this piece of paper rebuilts it. 

"Come back to me, I love you. Come back to me." He places the letter on his chest. 

+30 minutes later+

After he runs out of energies, he decides to get ready for work. He barely gets enough sleep last night, he stays up all night just to finish the rest of the reports. He goes to bed late and wakes up with a bad morning. Even so, he needs to wake up and gets ready for another day of life. Lazily, he stumbles across his messy room full of papers to the bathroom. Nickhun stares at his reflection on the mirror "what a big panda eyes I got here." Enough complaining, he splashes his face with very cold water that can freeze his brain.