Part 9.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

Nickhun stays awake until 12am to finish the reports for the Friday meeting. While gathering the reports together, he also keep his eyes on Junho. The puppy has fallen asleep by Junho's side. After he has finished with the reports, he waits for another 30 minutes before going to bed, but he ends up falling asleep on the sofa. Nickhun sleeps all night until his phone rings because it's running out of battery. He rubs his eyes to clear up his blurry vision. In-front of his eyes, he sees the still sleeping man. Is he dead? Nickhun gets up and goes listen to the man's heart beat in case he is really dead. His heart is still beating. What a release that Nickhun has not killed the man. After he is done with his morning routine, he makes himself some pancakes with honey. As Nickhun is eating he hears LIttle One barks, and the man grunts in pain. Nickhun walks to the living to check on him

"Are you okay? Are you feeling better?"

"Where is this?" He rubs his eyes and tries to get up.

"This is my place" Nickhun replies.

"Ggomaengie…" He grabs Little One, and hugs him tightly.

"Where had you been? I miss you to death. You know, you shouldn't be running away again. You're the only one I have left so don't leave me."

After he expresses his love to Ggomaengie, he realizes someone is looking at him. 

"Who are you?" Nickhun asks.

"Me?"

Junho thinks back to what have happened yesterday. He finally remembers it. He quickly stands up and introduces himself formally with a 90 degree bow.

"My name is Lee, Junho. Thanks for taking me in yesterday or beat me up. You save me from that spy?"

"Spy?" Nickhun repeats.

"No, no, no, I meant a sick..drunk man."

"And you're?", Junho asks Nickhun.

"Nickhun."

"Nice to meet you Nickhun." He bows again.

"Yeah, since you woke up already, you want some breakfast before you go?"

"No, I am okay. I should get going." Junho grabs Little One, and is about to walk out.

"But, you can't bring Little One with you" Nickhun calls after Junho.

"Ggomaengie? But he is mine."

"Your?"

"Yes!"

"Again, thanks." With that, Junho walks out before Nickhun can say anything more. After they have left Nickhun goes back to the kitchen to finish his breakfast. He feels so alone without LIttle One eating under him. Although, it does not understand what Nickhun says most of the time, Nickhun still counts it as a family member. He cannot eat anymore, so he puts everything in the sink and goes to work.

+

As Junho walks further and further from Nickhun's house, Little One starts barking, looking straight back. 

"I know, but in this country both of us can not trust anyone what so ever. It's better that we're alone."

He carries Little One and walks to where his motel is. 

+

Chansung's phone calender reminder rings to remind him of the lunch meeting for the group. Taecyoen's assistant, Fei has reserved the place and has asked the chief to make them tons of food like what Chansung has told her to do. But after what he sees yesterday, he feels like this lunch meeting is wrong and worthless. Chansung has a goal for this particular meeting, but his goal has vanished like vapors into the mid-thin air. Slowly, he drags his feet up and walks to Nickhun's desk.

"If you are finished with the reports, join us for lunch so we can discuss about the project as a group."

"Oh, okay. That sounds like a great idea. I want to ask Fei a couple of questions too, to be more secure" Nickhun replies while gathering the reports into a neat pile. 

"I will be down in a couple of minutes" Nickhun tells Chansung.

"Okay!" Chansung left.

Nickhun calls and reserves the meeting room. He grabs his wallet, and heads toward the elevator.

"Wait for me, " Nickhun calls out when he sees that the elevator's door is about to close and he is still a couple of steps away. 

+Taecyeon's point of view+

I hear my stomach growls, I look at the clock. It's 12pm, lunch time. Today I am able to finish most of my work because I am able to focus by having the blinds a-front closed. This is really troublesome. Again, I don't even know why, but every time I step outside, I have to be as quiet as possible because I don't want to bother anyone. Chansung has left for lunch early again without peeking his head inside my office and making a creepy and annoying voice "it...is... time... for lunch hyung."

I am not sure why but I feel hot and jumpy when walking passed Nickhun. I can guarantee the reason is because I am a shy person around new people. I feel like this too when I first meet Krystal, so no biggie.

When the elevator's door is about to close, Nickhun suddenly pops out of nowhere and asks for me to hold the door. 

"Wait for me."

I am about to press the open button, but accidentally press the close button and the door close. I do not mean to do that.

+End+

+Nickhun's point of view+

The person inside is Taecyeon. I startle when I see him so I stop trying to get in, and let the door close before me.  It is kinda mean of him to let the door close, but it's alright, the trip down will be awkward and uncomfortable anyway. I can wait for the next elevator.

+End+

"You're here Nickhun" Chansung calls when he sees Nickhun. Nickhun wonders to himself why there are so many kind of foods on the table; is this a lunch meeting or a lunch celebration? 

Nickhun takes the chair across from both Chansung and Taecyeon. 

"Are you having a lunch celebr…." Taecyeon sentence is cut off by Chansung kicking his leg under the table. 

"Enjoy lunch first and we will talk about it later" Chansung says to both Nickhun and Taecyeon; his phrase means differently to both of them. Nickhun helps himself to some delicious food. Lunch "meeting" goes smoothly, but what is weird about it is there are no communications about work. 

"Nickhun, how do you like working so far?" Chansung asks.

Nickhun wipes his lips with a napkin and replies "everything went fine, so far I enjoy it a lot."

"Cool!"

Taecyeon constantly feeding himself without talking.

"Mr. Chansung, I have a quick question to ask."

"Go head, " he immediately replies without looking up.

"About the meeting in Seoul on Friday, what else should I prepare beside the meeting reports?"

"The meeting reports should be fine" Chansung mumbles as if he is annoyed.

Nickhun tries not to ask anymore question because Chansung does not sound so well. 

"Okay, I had finished them and I will give them to Fei right after this."

"What do you mean?" Chansung asks, finally looks up with two big eyes.

"Since, she is going."

"You can carry them with you."

"Huh.." Nickhun raises his eyebrow with a question facial expression.

"Fei is taking a break after the next meeting when the conclusion is made about the sweets. I want you to come with us and have her teaches you. Once she's out, you're going to help both of us until she comes back."

That sounds unorganized to Nickhun. Shouldn't Taecyeon be looking for a temperately helper before Fei leave? He will be helping them both?

"Oh!" Nickhun is surprised, and he wants to protest that he cannot be an asissant for both of them. Helping Chansung alone have given him enough frustration already, and Taecyeon is too rude.

"Is there a problem?"

"No, no."

What an unorganized assistant. What has he been doing all this time? Taecyeon thinks to himself, still shoveling food into his mouth.

"Where is Fei?" Nickhun wonders. She has taken half a day off, and she has told Nickhun that she should be here by lunch.

"She might be running a bit late. If you have questions, you can surely ask me." Chansung volunteers.

"We will be having an after meeting party afterward, you can invite anyone over," Chansung sadly tells Nickhun. 

"Taec-hyung will be bringing his long time girl."

"What" Taecyeon blurts out with food flying out of his mouth. He can not believe what Chansung has just said, especially infront Nickhun. True, Krystal is his long time crush, but not anymore. He himself doesn't even know where he stands on their relationship, and how he thinks of her anyway. 

"It should be fun, Krystal is beautiful, " Chansung compliments with a smile.

" I will just come straight home afterward" Nickhun says because he does not really want to join them anyway.

Both Chansung and Taecyeon are secretly becoming disappointed.

"You have a date afterward?" Chansung asks, wanting to know why Nickhun cannot go. Chansung is sure that Nickhun cannot go because of his girlfriend.

"It would be better to go to that party with a partner" Nickhun replies.

"You can take your lover" Chansung adds.

Nickhun's face drops.

"That sounds good, I will make sure to find one before the meeting," he jokes because he does not want any of them to see his hidden feelings.

"Oh!" both of them are surprised.

Nickhun doesn't have one? So the girl I saw him with wasn't his girl?

He does not have a boyfriend? I thought I heard Nickhun talked about his boyfriend the other day. 

Both of their faces turn brighter knowing that Nickhun is still single. Taecyeon feels a lot happier while Chansung still carries a doubt. Nickhun might not have a girlfriend, but does he likes men though?

His thought is interrupted when someone calls his name, and it is Mrs. Hwang.

"Mom?"

"Chansung, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Hello, aunty!" Taecyeon greets her warmly and she kisses him on the cheek. 

"Hello!" Nickhun bows.

She smiles at Nickhun and drags Chansung away with her. Even that is weird for Taecyeon, Mrs. Hwang comes to their office all the time, but she never drags Chansung away from him for private conversations. When Mrs. Hwang comes she would have Taecyeon joins them because they always discuss about work. But what's weirder about this moment is that Taecyeon's body tenses up and he feels unconformable being alone with Nickhun. He can not sit still. His eyes keep on glancing at Nickhun. The more he tries to control himself the more tense he becomes.  It alright! Keep calm. 

"Taecyeon, are you okay?" Nickhun asks.

"I am okay, " he cannot not look at Nickun's eyes. His eyes wonder up and down, side to side. His heart skips a beat when Nickhun smiles awkwardly at him. The pace of Taecyeon's breaths increase. He can feel perspiration forming on his forehead. Nickhun notices it. Taecyeon grabs a napkin and hands it to Taecyeon. 

'Huh?" He tries not to look at Nickhun.

"Your forehead."

"Huh?" he asks again. He losses his consciousness.

Nickhun chuckles, "here". Nickhun reaches out his hand, and wipes Taecyeon's forehead. Taecyeon suddenly grabs Nickhun's hand. The touch of their skin sends a chill down down both of their bodies. Nickhun feels a thump inside himself. It has been forever since he feels this feeling. Taecyeon pushes Nickhun's hand away. 

"Don't touch me" the line just comes out without him realizes it. What did I just said? He becomes frustrated.

"Excuse me." He gets up and walks away

"Did I do something wrong?" Nickhun asks himself and touches his hand.

+

"Mom, what do you want to talk to me about?"

Mrs. Hwung takes Chansung back to his office. 

"I want to ask you about Hyuna."

That name brings a headfull madness to him.

"I am not here to ask you to give her a chance. Let put the wedding aside. I want to know how you feel about her." 

"I…" 

"This time the decision is yours", Mrs. Hwung tells her son.

Upon hearing that Chansung can't help himself but grins. He looks through the glass to Nickhun's desk, and smiles even bigger. He sees Taecyeon scurries into his office. Mrs. Hwung notices the way her son looks at the desk outside.

"Mom… I" his mind stops him from finishing the sentence. He do not want to disappoint his mother. 

"Your happiness comes first, " she says.

Chansung can never feel any happier hearing his mom says that.