Part 5.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

Nickhun dresses as professional as a business man. He promises his mom to accept his misfortune past and admits that adversity is a part of his already written faith. He practices putting on his best smile with an approachable and a benign expression. He glares at his reflection in the mirror a couple times before he goes to catch the city bus. 

"Let start over."

 

The company is enormous, and super tall. It makes out of glass, and all around it are little trees. He get off  in front of the company and walks in nervously. He takes a couple deep breaths as he goes inside. He walks to the front desk helpers, and asks them for direction.

"Take this elevator to the 7th floor and turn right. The room will be on your left two doors down from the rest area" one of the women tell Nickhun, and hands him a name tag.

"Thanks!"

He steps inside the elevator and presses floor 7th. When the elevator's door is about to close, he hears a woman's voice calls out to hold the elevator's door, and Nickhun quickly presses the open button. A pretty woman walks in. She is going to the 7th floor as well. The elevator ride is awkward and quiet. In the corner of Nickhun's eyes, he glances at her chest to see if she is one of the interviewees but she is not. The minutes the elevator's door opens, the woman walks out. Nickhun takes another deep breath, and steps out second. He followes the direction that the woman has told him. After he gets to his destination, he has to wait for the interviewer. Nickhun nervously waits and finally interviewer finally walks in.

"Hello."

Nickhun gets up and greets "hello."

He is surprised to see the interviewer, he is a young man, taller than him a couple inches. 

"Hi, my name is Hwang Chansung and I will be interviewing you, " he reaches out his hand for a firm handshake.

"That's great. My name is Horvejkul, Nickhun" takes Chansung's hand.

"Have a seat" Chansung tells him.

They both sit down facing each other. A woman comes in and gives Chansung Nickhun's profile. He reviewes it and says "I see that you're interesting in being an assistant and you have had two years of experience already."

"Yes, that is right, " Nickhun politely replies.

Nickhun feels like his voice is shaking as well as his whole body. But why, he is not that scared though. He forces himself to look at Chansung in the eyes because eye contact is required. He tells himself to keep his breaths constant. I feel like I am going to explode. 

After fifteen minutes the interview finally over. 

"Since, we needed an assistant right now, I am just going to make my decision right now."

The statement hints Nickhun that he has passed the interview. They needed an assistant.

"You're hired."

No surprise.

"Can you start work right away today?"

"Sure." The sooner he starts the better.

"You're going to be my assistant and I am going to be your boss. Let me show you around."

What, Nickhun can hardly believe what he has heard. This man is his new boss? His level of nervousness just boosts up twice the level.

Chansung shows Nickhun around their floor and tells him where the cafeteria is. Finally, he takes Nickhun to where he is going to work. Chansung's office and the office next to his is also make out of special glass. Which means the outside can be seen from the inside but inside cannot be seen from the outside. The white window blinds on the inside are like walls that can be opened or closed. Cool!

"You will be working in this cubicle" Chansung points to the cubicle, it's outside of his office. 

"Great, thank you for the tour" Nickhun bows.

"Sure! I will have Taecyeon's assistant come and help you. Make yourself comfortable, " he pats Nickhun's shoulder and withdraws his hand back in a rush. 

"I..should be going" squeezed the back of his neck with his palm and went to his room. He closes the door behind him, and give out a big long sigh. He touches his chest with his hand. What just happen?

 

Nickhun takes out his cell phone and calls his mom. 

"Mom, take care of the puppy for me. I will be a little late tonight."

+ Taecyeon with Krystal in the mall+

"I enjoy the day very much" Krystal says happily as she eats a spoonful of ice cream.

"Me too."

All day she carries a smile on her innocent face because she never been this happy before.

"Thanks a lot" swallowes the last spoon of ice cream.

"Should we go? We have been staying here for a while now" Taecyeon askes. He enjoys the day too but he wants to rest more.

"Sure."

They walk together side by side to Taecyeon's car on the 5th floor of the parking lots. When they get there he opens the door for her and they drive away.

"Would you like some music?" Taecyeon askes while driving.

"Sure, " she replies uncomfortably.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes… Should we start talking informally?" She give out a small laugh.

"I like that, " he agrees and turns on the radio.

"I didn't know you listen to this People Station too."

"I like this channel the most. It great to know about other life too beside our own, " he turns the volume up.

Conversation on radio: "What would you like to discuss today?" a woman asks. 

"I would like to apologize to a person" a man says. "I would like to apologize for me lying to a person and left without a trace or a mark."

The woman: "Okay, go on."

The man: "I don't know if the person would be able to hear this but… I am really sorry to what I did. I don't know how to make it up to you; if you're listening, I just want you to know that I am really sorry. I hope you will be able to find yourself a better one and live happily. From time to time, my mind flips to the pages of our stories; I often asked myself why did I had made such a poor choice, but I did, and I could not turn back the time. I don't know where you are right now, but just  know that I still miss you a lot. I am really sorry."

"Wow, such a heartbreaking conversation" Krystal says and lowers the radio.

"Tonight is such a beautiful night so lets not listen to this kind of story" she turns it off.

He looks at the sky and sees stars all over the dark sky. He adds "you're right" even though he wants to listen to the radio conversation more.

"It's getting late, I am going to take you home first."

"Okay and I will see you tomorrow."