Part 10.

Underneath the same sky, above the same ground.

+Friday+

The meeting goes on for almost five hours with a five minutes break in between each hour. This is the longest meeting Nickhun has ever been to, but it is interesting. This meeting is considered confidential so not a lot of people are allowed to attend. After everyone left, Nickhun goes out and brings back a cup of office for Chansung. Taecyeon and Fei have gone out to tour the two guests around Seoul while Chansung and Nickhun stay behind to recheck on the compromise they have made for the two companies. 

"Thanks Nickhun for the coffee."

"No problem."

"Everything seem to be set. We need to make two copies of this original paper and send a copy for them to keep" Chansung tells Nickhun.

"Yes, sir."

Nickhun takes the paper from Chansung and slips it into his black hand bag. 

"You work hard today" Chansung warmly compliments Nickhun.

Nickhun feels a lot happier and respondes with a warm smile. Since he has started working, he feels like he is able to accomplish something useful for others and himself. He has worked so hard day and night in these past few days, every piece of his strength that he has used into thses papers give him back his confidence. Meaning he will be able to let go of his past and start a new future. 

"What're you going to do after this since today is Friday?" Chansung asks.

"I'm just going to go home and rest."

"You work so hard, don't you want to treat yourself to something nice at the party?"

Nickhun thinks for a while and says "maybe next time."

"I want to go get some tea, would you like to join me?" Chansung asks professionally, but deep inside, he is wishing that Nickhun would say yes.

"I want to treat you to something too" Chansung adds.

"Thanks, but it's alright." Nickhun is hungry, and he doesn't want to be a burden to Chansung. Chansung gets up from the chair, grabs Nickhun's hand, and pulls him closely behind. Nickhun is stunned but he does nothing. He follows Chansung behind without any resistance.

 

Chansung opens the car's door for Nickhun. Nickhun thanks him and gets inside. Before going to his side, Chansung feels his tight chest. He askes himself how on earth he has gotten the nerve to hold Nickhun's hand and why did he do that? Nickhun will definitely think that he is a weirdo, and beside that, what if Nickhun is straight? All kinds of bad and good questions hit Chansung in the face, leaving him with the thoughts of whether he should verbally elicit an answer from Nickhun or figure out the answer by actions? What kind of actions? I got an idea.

"I want to buy my mom a gift, can you go with me?" Chansung asks as he gets inside the car and turns on the car engine.

"Do you know anything about tea flavors?" Chansung asks.

"I do, a bit."

"can you help me then?" Chansung uses this as an excuse.

Nickhun wants to say no but he can not say that to his boss and beside, it's rude to reject someone who needs help.

"Sure, I can go with you."

"Thanks!"

+

The tea store is big and fancy with many different brand teas. Not only it contains teas but also different herbs for both men and women health. 

"Hi, what can I help you two with?" a woman asks as Nickhun and Chansung enter the store.

"We're good. We are just going to look around" Chansung replies.

"Alright, let me know if you need any help."

They walk into a section full of a brand name teas from Africa. Chansung picks up two boxes and hands them to Nickhun. 

"Hold these."

He picks up another two boxes. 

"Okay, we're done" 

We're done? I thought he needs my help.

They walk to the cashier, and Chansung asks for the teas to be wrap nicely as gifts.

"Nickhun?" A woman voice.

Nickhun turns around and he sees Siwon's mother. She hugs Nickhun with great happiness then gently touches his face.

"I am so happy to see you here Nickhun. You have never come visit me ever since then, and you have changed your number, what have happened, and how are you?" 

"I been doing great mother. What about you?"

"I miss you and Siwon. He called and he told me that he will come visit me in a couple of month but he never did" she says with tears welling up.

"Why didn't you two come visit me at all?"

"I have been really busy that's why I cannot come. I miss you too mother." 

Her tears drop down her cheeks and pulls Nickhun for another hug. 

"Mother, it alright." Nickhun rubs her back.

Chansung stands behind them don't know what to do or where to turn to. After he has paid for the teas, the cashier hands him two bags.

Siwon mother sees Chansung stands closely behind Nickhun.

"Nickhun honey you don't have to do this. Siwon love you and he will never dump you."

She lets go of Nickhun and stares at Chansung.

"Hi, I am Chansung" he politely greets.

She looks at Chansung with a question facial expression. The look she carries on her face muddles Chansung but he says nothing. 

"Nickhun-ah, I will be going. Whenever you're free come visit mother. Can I get your new number?" She changes her mind.

Nickhun searches inside his black bag for a piece of paper and a pencil.

"Here, use mine" Chansung offers.

Nickhun happily grabs the paper and the pen. He writes his number down, and hands it to his mother. 

"Siwon has asked me to give this box to you whenever I see you again. He says it's very important so I alway carry it with me. I will text you later." She sounds like she doesn't want Chansung to hear what she is going to say. 

She gives Nickhun a kiss on the cheek and walks away. Before going too far she turns around and calls Nickhun "Nickhun, tell Siwon I miss him."

What did mother just said? He can not hear it clearly, but he is sure that she has said something about Siwon. What about Siwon? 

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend already" Chansung says disappointedly. 

"Yea, but we are no longer together" the sentence just slips out as Nickhun pictures Siwon's face. 

"We should get going." With that Nickhun walks out of the store first. He wants Siwon to disappear from his life now and for ever. 

"Nickhun, I can take you home" Chansung calls from behind as he runs after Nickhun.

"I am okay, I can take the bus."

Nickhun walks in a fast speed outside toward Chansung's car.

Chansung runs up to Nickhun and grabs his hand again and spins him around.

"If you don't mind, I can take you home."

Nickhun stands frozen in place not knowing what say. 

He pulls Nickhun inside his car. 

"Type your address here." Chansung hands him a GPS. Nickhun does what Chansung has said.

While driving Chansung questions himself for his actions. It is like he forces Nickhun to do whatever he thinks is right as though Nickhun is his. He been liking Nickhun ever since the first day they have met, but he has distanced himself from Nickhun because he does not know that Nickhun likes men too. But now that he knows, now is his chance. He smiles to himself.

+

Nickhun is dropped off in front of his house. Because Nickhun has been wondering what is in the box, he thanks Chansung and goes inside without saying bye. He goes to his room, and tears the little paper box apart, but it is empty. The only thing inside is a small piece of paper with few written words. 

~I will always love you = I have changed because I met someone else. 

  I love you= I am no longer in love you.~

Nickhun rushes to his closet and grabs the paper in the leather coat. He notices that the two pieces of papers are cut with mountains pattern, and they fit perfectly together like a piece of puzzle. The two papers are from the same paper and the texts are written with the same pen color. Nickhun connects the words and read the message buries in these texts.

~Nickhun, I am sorry. I know when you finally read my letter, I won't be near you anymore. I am really sorry, I don't know how to tell you that I have changed because I have met someone else. I am really sorry because I am no longer in love you. Goodbye Nickhun.~

+Flash back+

Nickhun recalls, "I miss you and Siwon. He called and he told me he will come visit me in a couple of month but he never did" she said with tears welling up.

+

After five minutes Siwon does not come out, and Nickhun starts to get scared. His heart sinks to the button of this lake as he cries out for Siwon. He jumps into the water but he cannot find Siwon. He calls out for Siwon but no sign of him anywhere. After fifteen minutes have passed Nickhun gives up and calls 911. The polices come, but they still cannot find Siwon or Siwon's body anywhere.

+End+

All of these times, Nickhun lives like a crazy person like a lost dog that tries to find its owner. He has been living with regrets and shames floating and sticking around him. Everywhere he goes and every time when he meets someone, Siwon is the first person he would think of. Nickhun loves Siwon with all of his life. He has alway thought that Siwon is made for him, and that Siwon has loved him as much as he loves him. He thinks it's his fault for Siwon's death. Siwon is still alive; he is still out there but with someone else.