They were the Nerds!?

Genie

"Dude, who are they? I've never seen them before?" A male classroom whispered, as he lightly whacked his friend's arm.

"Yeah bro. Maybe they're transfer student. They look pretty cool… Wanna introduce ourselves to them?" "Yeah let's go."

Just as the boys were about to sit down, two classmates came over.

"Hey, I'm Kim Junho. It's nice to meet you," holding his hand out, Junho introduced himself.

"And I'm Lee Jaesu. Where did you guys transfer from?" Jaesu smiled as he introduced himself too.

Junhyung raised an eyebrow. *Seems like these kids can't seem to recognise us.*

"Hello, I'm Yong Junhyung. The same classmate you've had since two years ago. Nice to know you recognise me," Junhyung smiled but you knew he had thorns in his words. Jaesu and Junho's eyes widened as they recognised Junhyung's face. Then, their gaze wandered to the five boys behind him.

"S-! Junhyung!? And the nerds!? Holy crap! Dude, we've got to tell everyone!" Junho patted Jaesu on the shoulder and ran out, telling everyone they met on the way that the nerds have changed.

"Tsk, doesn't even recognise me. Even after doing his homework so many times," Junhyung glared, as he leaned back into his chair.

"Haha, nice one, Junhyung-ah," Doojoon laughed as he high-fived Junhyung. "But your little introduction there is gonna attract even more attention now. Thanks," Doojoon playfully rolled his eyes.

"You're the leader~ I'm sure you can handle it~" Junhyung flashed his pearly whites and took a cookie from Hyunseung. "Yah! My cookie!"

 

News spread like wildfire and soon, everyone in the school came and looked for the boys. Doojoon was now leading the boys down the hallway, head held up and not afraid of bullies anymore. Everyone marvelled at their hidden good looks and each of the boys even has their own little fan club going on.

"This is so cool! I never thought I'd be this popular!" Dongwoon squealed. "I know right!" Hyunseung joined in and pumped fists with Dongwoon.

"I guess we should go see ~~~~ and thank her," Kikwang suggested. "Yeah, sure. We at least owe her a 'Thank You', right?" Junhyung flicked his hair, melting the hearts of nearby girls.

 

*Aish, why is it so noisy all of a sudden? They're people that actually CARES about education here.* You rolled your eyes and glared towards the girls' who were screaming. Then, the reason for the fangirl-ish screams came into view. *Doojoon and the guys!?*

Doojoon made his entrance into your class coolly with the rest of guys right behind him.

"Hey ~~~~. It's lunch time and yet you're stuck in here studying? Come on, come eat lunch with us. Too much studying makes ~~~~ a dull girl~" Doojoon sung.

You giggled and closed your book, "Fine."

 

"~~~~-ah! Everyone's been talking about us! I don't like it," Dongwoon pouted and swung your arms and whined like a little kid.

"Aigoo, our little Dongwoonie. It's okay. As long as they're not talking bad about you, then you should welcome their gossip. It'll help boost your popularity," you beamed, as you patted Dongwoon's head and cooed over him.

"I have to admit… It is slightly comfortable," Doojoon sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Really? I think it's nice. We're FINALLY not being looked down upon," Junhyung stuck his chin up in the air.

"That is true… But still… It's so weird that people like us! Like, a girl asked me is she could eat her lunch with me!" Hyunseung exclaimed.

You chuckled at how the boys were recalling about the strange things that happened to them during school.

"Sounds like your day's been real fun," you teased, "I bet you'll all have girlfriends very soon~"

"NO!" They all blurted out. Your eyes widened at their sudden reaction and they all coughed into their fists and complimented on random things such as the weather.

"Huh? Why not~ I'm sure out of all the cute girls there are in the school, there's bound to be ONE that you like, right?" You tilted your head, anticipating them to tell you their crush.

"U-uh. I-I just d-don't think that I-I'm ready for a g-girlfriend yet," Hyunseung stuttered, as his eyes kept darting from your face to the ground.

"We have to get used to having this attention first. And then, maybe we'll introduce to you the girl we like. If we have one," Kikwang smoothly explained.

You nodded absentmindedly, not even understanding why they were so tense.

*It'd be funny if they all liked the same girl,* you joked in your mind.

-----------------

It'd be real funny ;)