Sungyeol - Believe in Yourself

Feel Loved by Infinite~


"She looked like an angel on ice. Her body moved to the rhythm and her movements were so beautiful, that my heart skipped a beat.

I always watched her performances and every time, I was amazed all over again. She was the reason why I started Ice skating too, but I wasn’t even good like her.

In contrast to me, she was a famous figure skater and won many prizes. I was just a normal person that admired her, a famous figure skater.

How could one person change my whole life?

The answer was just in front of me, because she was there doing her last figures on the ice. The audience clapped in amazement and the music got faster.

Then, something terrible happened.

She was just doing her last spin in the air when her feet slipped while jumping and she harshly landed on the ice. Immediately the audience froze and an ambulance man ran to her.

I just stood there watching how the wings of my angel broke down and she cried out in pain."

 

One Month later…

February showed itself cold and snowy. Everywhere laid snow and ice.

The chilly weather made your breath visible in the air and you tried to warm yourself by rubbing your hands together. Time flew by when you were walking down the streets and admired the beautiful view of the white landscape.

You loved snow and every time when it snowed, you took a long walk outside. It relaxed you and the snow always showed you his beauty.

“Argggh that frustrates me!”

Suddenly a male voice was heard not far away from you. Slowly you walked to the direction where the voice came and gasped in the next moment.

There was a big ice rink where the boy ice skated and all Memories of that time came back. The accident one month ago was still visible in your mind and you shivered at the thought of that time.

The owner of the voice noticed you and skated over to your side.

“Oh! Hey are you sea-“

Just then you lifted your head.

His eyes widened at the sight of you and he stopped walking. Both of you just stood there and blinked at each other until he showed you a shy smile.

“Are you really her? Finally I found you!” he happily clapped his hands together and smiled even more. You saw how his charming eyes turned into eyes full of happiness and relief.

Who is he?

“That’s right! You definitely don’t know who I am right?”

You nodded and didn’t say a word. The memories of the accident still were in your thoughts and your whole body was frozen.

“I’m your biggest fan Lee Sungyeol! I watched all of your performances and began figure skating just because of you” he told you everything he knew and you were quite surprised to know that you even had fans.

“Nice to meet you Sungyeol” you returned his smile from before and he looked really taken back by your sudden talk. But he only stretched his hand out for you to shake it and smiled warmly at you. When you shook his hand, you couldn’t help but to notice how warm his hands were.

“Are you alright now after your accident in the competition last month? Since then I didn’t hear anything about figure skatin-“

“I stopped doing it”

“….What?”

“I stopped doing figure skating”

Even though your wounds healed fast, you somehow didn’t wanted to go back to the ice rink to figure skate. You feared figure skating and stopped doing it, so you forgot a little bit how to do it.

His face turned to a sad and surprised expression. For a moment he just stared at you and his eyes didn’t shine like minutes ago. That irritated you and you didn’t know if he was upset.

Suddenly he took your hand and led you towards the ice rink. Some stranger was just pulling you to the ice rink that you avoided for a whole month?

Not with you.

“What are you doing?!” you slapped your hand out of his grip and glared at him. Sungyeol turned around and showed you an emotionless face. Then he walked to the side of the ice rink and borrowed a pair of women ice skates. Slowly you understood what he wanted and stepped back when he walked towards you.

“Here” Sungyeol handed you the ice skates and not even his charming smile was on his face anymore. You turned your head away and rejected taking the skates from him.

“No”

“Please…I want to show you what you missed all this time! That accident must have frightened you right? Don’t be frightened because mistakes always happen in a life. Just take these mistakes and learn from them by improving and never giving up!”

His eyes intensely looked into your eyes while saying all that and you suddenly felt something wet on your cheek.

A tear rolled down your cheek.

That Lee Sungyeol found a very weak spot in you.

Hastily you tried to wipe away the tear but Sungyeol was faster. He gently wiped away the tear and smiled warmly at you. Then he bent down and gently removed your shoes to replace them with the skates. Refusing would be stupid now so you let it go now.

Sungyeol finished putting on the skates on your feet’s and stretched out his hands to hold yours. Automatically you put your hands into his and slowly followed him to the ice rink.

There you slowly put one feet on the ice and did the same with the other. The familiar feeling of the ice under your feet’s came back again and you breathed in satisfaction. But you realized the fear to walk on the ice and panicked a little bit.

That made you lose your balance and you slipped. Before you landed on the ice, strong arms wrapped around your waist and held you. Warm breaths made you blush and little strands of hair tickled your face.

“T-Thank you”

“You’re welcome…and now let's enjoy ourselves!”

Sungyeol started skating slowly on the ice and held your hands tightly when you followed him. Soon you two gained tempo and skated over the ice like you never did anything else. A warm feeling embraced your body and you did a little spin after you let go of Sungyeol’s hands. The chilly wind refreshed you and you enjoyed every little step you made.

Many spins were followed with figures and soon you got back the feelings from one month ago where you enjoyed figure skating. Sungyeol watched your every little move in satisfaction and admired your beautiful appearance on the ice.

He always had a soft spot for you and after a month without seeing you, he almost forgot how he loved your movements. Slowly he skated over to your side without you noticing it and grabbed your waist.

Suddenly you were flying in the air and he held you up with his strong arms. You giggled and stretched out your arms to feel the wind in your whole body. When he put you down, he held you tightly and you did a little spin in his arms. The spin ended with your hands on his chest and his arms tightly around your body.

In this kind of state you looked into each other eyes and it was like time stopped around you. His eyes were twinkling and his long eyelashes rounded his eyes perfectly. A foreign but pleasant feeling spread in your body. Sungyeol noticed your stare and felt the same like you.

Nobody said a word until Sungyeol leaned down and stopped right before your lips met. His hot breaths on your lips made your mind dizzy and your eyes widened.

“Should we continue with our little lesson? I practiced really hard just for you”

After that sentence he closed his eyes and leaned in more. You closed your eyes too and waited for the kiss.

But nothing came.

When you opened your eyes you saw him smirking at you and he suddenly kissed your left cheek without warning.

“Hahaha catch me if you want a real kiss!”

“LEE SUNGYEOL!”

A little catching game on ice started and happy laughter filled the whole ice rink.