Sungjong - We found Love

Feel Loved by Infinite~


The sun was slowly going down and it was time for many people to go home.

Parents picked up their children from the playgrounds.

Adults came back from work and greeted each other on the streets.

Students that had class were walking home.

So did Lee Sungjong. He was walking home while humming to a song that was stuck in his mind. Even though school was tiring, he was quite energetic and in a good mood. It was Friday already and that meant weekend!

Sometimes he danced to the song he hummed and felt even better after doing that. The sky was painted in a beautiful orange because of the sunset and Sungjong couldn’t help but to admire the breathtaking scene. He was walking past a playground where the children already left and saw the swings swinging because of the light wind. Suddenly a flashback played in his mind.

 

She was sitting beside him on the other swing. They were swinging lightly while holding hands and everyone could see how these two children treasured each other.

“Jongie, will you promise something to me?” the little girl turned her head to him and smiled sadly. He felt his heart shake a little after looking into her sad but beautiful eyes.

They always took his breath away. And even now they did the same.

Sungjong nodded his head and stopped swinging just to hold her hand tighter. The little girl noticed it and stopped swinging too.

“Please never forget me…I will always treasure you in my heart so please do that too…” tears started to flow out of her eyes and dripped to the ground after she looked down. Now the sadness took over him too and he already could feel the tears. This girl was so special to him and he didn’t want to let go but he would keep the promise.

He will never forget her. She will always be the one for him even when they were only children.

“Yes…I will never forget you! Don’t you dare to forget me!” he started crying too and hugged her strongly. The girl slung her arms over him and both of them cried their hearts out. It was after all the last time they could see each other

 

“Meow!”

Sungjong came back from his daydreaming and felt something wet on his cheeks. When he touched his left cheek there was water.

Was he crying?

“Meow!”

Suddenly he heard something beside him and noticed it was the same sound that took him out of the daydream. He turned to his right side and could see a big tree with a bench under it. And on the bench was a…cat!

The cat looked straight into his eyes and meowed at him. It was like he watched Sungjong the whole time and suddenly he got up from the bench to go to him. The cat brushed against Sungjong’s leg and purred while doing that.

“So adorable…Where do you come from?” Sungjong bent down and the soft fur of the cat. It was a beautiful cat with orange-brownish fur and green eyes. The purring got louder and Sungjong was sure that the cat was enjoying his .

“You little cutie! Does it feel good? Oh looks like you belong to someone” he noticed the blue collar on the neck of the cat and immediately tried to touch it. The cat stayed still and felt comfortable in Sungjong’s presence. There was silver pendant on the collar that would definitely show the address of the owner.

“Cheri!”

A loud voice interrupted him from looking at the name of the owner and he turned around to see the owner of the voice.

Just then his heart stopped for a second and his eyes widened. His breath got struck and he didn’t believe what he saw.

There she was. Running happily towards them and looking gorgeous.

She bent down and picked up the little cat, leaving a still dreaming Sungjong standing there.

“You don’t know how long I was looking for you! You little rascal!” she cuddled with the cat and the smile on her face got wider after seeing that her cat was healthy in her arms. After some cuddle time she noticed the boy staying silently there and watching the reunion between cat and owner.

“Thank you so much for finding her! I really do-“ she stopped speaking and the smile on her face disappeared. Now she understood why the boy was so silent.

“J-Jongie?” she asked with a trembling voice, but it was still full of hope. Her eyes looked directly into his and he blushed at the sudden eye contact. After all these years she got more beautiful and cuter.

Back then it was just a childhood crush, but now he felt so many butterflies in his stomach, that he was sure of his feelings.

“Yes it’s me and I see that you didn’t forget me?” Sungjong smiled sweetly at her and many feelings overflowed him. Suddenly the smile returned back to the face of the girl but this time it was full of happiness and love. Both of them stared at each other for a long time and they both didn’t notice the cat looking at them closely in the arms of the girl.

Just then the cat leaned towards Sungjong and the girl felt like he was falling, so she bent down a little. But Sungjong noticed it too and reacted fast by leaning down and trying to hold the cat. But the cat regained his balance back and looked at innocently at the two leaning above him.

Sungjong was holding her in his arms and she was looking up to him. Surprise took over them but was replaced fast by happiness and warm feelings.

“I heard that cats can sense a human’s feelings. I wonder if Cheri felt something between us?” she smiled at Sungjong while her cat and Sungjong did the same.

Inwardly, both of them thanked the clever cat for helping them finding each other again.