Secret code

My Fairy Godfather

Squating down, peaking through the small door gap, Chaerin was trying to take her inner spy out. Being a secret agent is hard. It's only been 2 minutes and my legs are starting to wobble.

Adjusting her glasses, pushing it higher on her nose bridge with her index finger, squinting her eyes a little bit, Chaerin is trying to verify if the owner of the voices that she heard was really coming from the double park.

 

"Sorry?" Bom snorted.

"Do you smell that?" Dara asked as she sniff around.

"W-what?" Hyorin trembled.

Dara went closer to Hyorin's face and spat. "Bull!"

 

Chaerin, the self-proclaimed professional eavesdropper, let out a chuckle. Not the cute like chuckle but the dying-pig-whine-like chuckle. After realizing her mistake, she swiftly covered to stop any more slippage of sounds.

 

"What's that noise?" Bom asked, weary about their surroundings. Someone might stumble upon their secret meeting, and they do not want that obviously. It's the main reason why they held it in the storage room---the room of secrets and were magical things happen.

 

Chaerin bit her lower lip, a little disappointed at herself, fighting to not give herself a facepalm. . . . Ugh. It's not even that funny. I'm so lame.

 

"I think that what cat's sounds like when their in heat" Dara replied. Well that was what Dadoong, her family cat, makes when it does you-know-what with the neighboors cat.

"Eh?! Even cats have a better love life than me" Bom sighed. Dara and Hyorin hummed in agreement, with Chaerin nodding in silent, all of them thinking, hoping the same thing. When will I have my own senpai?

"Anyway, let's get back to business" Dara sternly said.

"To defeat the Huns" Hyorin added, singing it.

"What the?  and it's--let's get down to business--okay? Geez. If you're going to burst out singing at least make it right" Dara lectured, giving Hyorin a are-you-ing-me look.

Mulan was Bom's, and Dara's and Chaerin's  favorite childhood movie. She wasn't just going to stand by and let that girl violate their beloved movie.

"Mysterious as the dark side of the mooooooon!" Out of nowhere, Bom belted out her favorite line.

 Kroo-kroo.

Dara and Hyorin just stared at the 4D weirdo.

Bom just shrugged. "What? I can't help it. It's my favorite line"

 

Watching from the sideline, Chaerin chuckled to herself--this time silently. Good Chaerin learning from her past mistake. Bom hasn't changed much. She let out a smile. Except for the fact that we aren't friends anymore. Her smiled died down and then gave out deep depressing breath.

 

"Okay... We are getting out of context here" Dara sighed, rubbing her temples, easing the upcoming headache that she got from this madness. "And you! Don't think that we have forgiven you!" She shouted.

Hyorin was startled, jumped a millisecond as she heard Dara's voice. She trembled, scared what will the queenkas might do because of the broken code. "I-I-I'm sorry. I really am. I won't do it anymore. I promise!"

"Of course, you wouldn't do it anymore. Because if you do, remember a girl's network is very scary" Bom sweetly smiled, making is look sadistic with the words she said.

"Seriously, whats up with people! Why can't they follow the stinking code! It's just ing one code! Just one! Don't ing bully Lee ing Chaerin! Is it too much to ask? We even let them , but God noooo! They would even drag her to stinking storage room! Sheesh!" Dara cursed, venting her frustration out as she messes up her perfectly styled brown hair. You know is about to go down when Sandara Park curses.

 

Wait. What. Chaerin blinked many times trying to see if it was a dream. No it's a reality. Just to be sure, she also rubbed her ear canal, trying to see if there might be something wrong with her ear. No. My hearing is fine.

Were they... protecting me?

Chaerin shook her head, trying to flush the idea out the drain. That idea is positively wrong. I can't believe I even thought of that.

Trying too hard to be sneaky, being one with the wind, Chaerin leaned in too much, putting weight on the unstable door, causing it to open.

Since her support was moved, Chaerin's balance was disrupted, causing her to unintentionally fall inside the storage room. Her face was splat on the cemented floor, arms and legs spread out. Her nose bridge was hurting because of the impact due to her glasses pushing hardly unto the skin.

The three girls whom Chaerin spied on, swiftly turn their heads towards the door, surprise was painted on all of their faces.

Carp.

I mean crap.

Damn it. My brain can't function well. Why author-nim? Why did you have to make me sure a clumsy woman? Even the way I fall is ungraceful.

"Chaerin..." Dara paled. Did she hear us? No, maybe not. But what if... She gulped down her worries and knitted her eyebrows together. "What the hell are you doing here?" Her voice suddenly got cold, attempting to hid her uneasiness with a feirce attack. "Are you spying on us you ing nerd?!"

Chaerin clenched her fist. She was getting furious. "Do you even have the right to be angry at me? Really? Hah. Don't you think I'm the one who should be exploding right now? You both avoiding me? Leaving me behind in times when I needed you two the most and then bullying me, shattering my confidence to the ground. And when I finally got to have a friend, you abducted her said some ed up things about some code of not hurting me?" Chaerin blew up. Big time. Her face was red, head was pusating, heart was clenching, eyes were watery, tears threatening to fall, emotions were all over the place.

Dara just bit her lips, dumbfounded. She didn't think that Chaerin was feeling all those emotions. She was going to say something back but Bom beat her to it. "Rinnie, we have to say something"

 

The bell has rang, the sign of lunch time ending. Chaerin was going to her next class. She was walking, dazed still can't believe what just had happened until someone with a familiar voice called out to her.

She turned around and saw Youngbae, Jiyong and Seungri walking towards her.

"Chaecat? Where were you? You didn't go to lunch. They were even serving kimchi fried rice today. You said last time you where craving them right?" Seungri asked.

Chaerin just stared at Seungri, not saying anything. His words didn't sink in Chaerin's brain yet.

"Are you okay? You seem... off" Youngbae waved his hand infront of Chaerin's face.

"Huh? Ah.. yes" Chaerin answered, giving out a slight smile. Her brain can't still function well.

The trio of course knew that she was not okay but they weren't going to press her on what's happening, so they just shrugged it off for the mean time. If she wants to tell she'll tell. That’s it. Putting her on pressure doesn't do good. It'll just make her feel more uneasy than she already is.

"Okay. Let's go! Before we're late for class. There's only 5 minutes left. “Youngbae said as he rushed while Seungri followed him behind.

Jiyong and Chaerin was left behind. Chaerin was just out of energy, skipping lunch, having nothing to eat and hearing some stressfull things drained down her fuel so she can't really rush. And besides, Tablo seonsengnim is always late.

"Why didn't you go?" Chaerin asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I don't really like the idea of running right now." Jiyong stated.

Chaerin just hummed in understandment. She felt her gastric juices coming up since she hasn’t eaten anything yet.

"Here" Jiyong gave a triangle shaped kimbap. "I figured that you can eat that while were walking. It's better than nothing"

Chaerin took the glorious looking kimbap off the dragon's hand. Jiyong is a savior. A savior I tell you! A SAVIOR. In the speed of lightning, she ate the whole thing. She coughs a little because she gobbled it too fast.

"Here. Here drink this. Geeze. You could've slowed down. No one's going to steal it from you" He reached out from his backpack a juice pack and gave it to Chaerin.

Chaerin swiftly took the drink out of Jiyong's hand and drank the juice packed until was empty. "Ahhhh. Food is a gift of the Gods from above" she smiled satisfied.

"You finally smiled" Jiyong pointed, smiling back at her.

Chaerin felt her face heat up. She didn't know if it was because of Jiyong's comment or because of that stupid boyish grin. Either one, it's making her heart speed up.

After a minute, it finally absorbs what Jiyong had said to her. His face mirrored Chaerin's. His heart started to beat erratically as well. Why did I said those words? Maybe it's because of how cute she looked or it's the feeling the need to see her smile?

Jiyong coughed to ease up the awkwardness that was building around them. "Also, later... After school uh.." He coughed again. "I need you to go to my house. Uh I mean.. I need to teach you more about clothes and uh stuff" He awkwardly said.

Chaerin fixed her hair awkwardly, pushing her bangs  behind her ear and nodded for confirmation."Okay, but first I need to settle some business first"

 

"Rinnie ,after school, meet us at the Rilakkumma Cafe, the one where we would always eat the strawberry shortcake you loved. We'll explain everything to you there." Bom stared directly at Chaerin's eyes. She can feel Bom's detemination, even though she can't tell what she's detemined about.

 

"Whatever it is, it'll be fine" Jiyong ruffled her hair, trying to make her feel better.

Chaerin slapped his hand off to stop him do more damage on her already not so perfect fugly hair.

With how Jiyong was acting, Chaerin was touched. She never knew this side of her fashion teacher. He gave me food and now encouraging me. Wow. That kimchi fried rice must've been good to change him into this kind person.

"Well, if you want, I can always lend you my body if you need it" He teasing offered, giving her a wink.

Okay. Jiyong the is back.

 

The smell of love filled the air, by love what it really is are pastries, pastries everywhere! Cakes, tarts, cream puffs, brownies and much more!

Chaerin inhaled again a good amount of the aroma surrounding her, her olfactory activating her salivary glands.

"We'll have 3 strawberry shortcakes, 2 coffees and 1 milk. Thank you" Dara smiled as the blushing waiter who is taking down their order. Poor waiter. His heart just got snatched up by the blonde goddess.

"You still like milk with your cake right?" Dara asked, unsure if her old childhood friend has changed her taste these past years.

Chaerin nodded to the girl who was sitting infront of her.

The cafe was being illuminated by the natural light coming from the windows the store has. Being beside one of the windows, Chaerin felt warm or maybe because they were still using the same old airconditioning type that she knew.

Looking around the perimeter, seeing the pictures and portraits of Rilakkumma that she was used to see, running down her fingers on the velvety couch gave Chaerin sentimental and nostalgic pinch in her heart.

This spot. This very spot that they are sitting on is also the same spot they used to seat everyday after primary school has ended.

All of them are silent. The tension is rising, so thick that a knife can easily cut through. Unspoken thoughts filled their mind until the waiter delivered them the delectable goodness they've ordered.

Dara sighed when the waiter left. "Okay. Chaerin please listen--- Hey! Slow down! You'll get indigestion!" She nags while wiping the icing off of Chaerin the cakie monster.

"I'm shworry"--munch--"uhnni" Chaerin chewing the cake she has eaten.

Dara and Chaerin suddenly stops, both of their eyes, enlarges at what they've done. What the hell they were doing? Maybe because they used to do this all the time when they were younger that their brain didn't even think twice on what to do. Is what they call muscle memory?

Bom chucked and smiled "Déjà vu. I feel like I'm in the past. Dara nagging. Chaerin being a spoiled brat" Her eyes starts to get cloudy, as she gets emotional remembering the past.

Chaerin drank her milk, sending the remaining bolus down to her esophagus. She didn't want to talk with full. "Can we start now? I need to go somewhere after this" her voice was cold as ice, sending shivers down to the double Park's spines.

"Date?" Bom teased, trying to liven up the mood.

Chaerin just gave them her poker face. Getting impatient, She wanted to get this over with.

"I'll start" Dara said, making eye contact with Chaerin, telling her to listen attentively to whatever she will say.

"In elementary, we have ignored you because you dumped my brother. I know I was a little immature. I should have known better. Bom was always saying to me that you didn't do anything wrong but I was stubborn to admit it but when I realized my mistake, I was too late, We already were in our 1st year in middle school, while you were in your last year in primary. We thought about going to your school and try apologizing but we were cowards, scared that you might not hear us out. We thought that maybe when you're in middle school we'll try again but an unfortunate event happened, Mrs. Lee died. We tried going to the funeral but we can't step inside, not when guilt was eating us alive. Your mom always told us to take care of her little Rinnie but we didn't. I-I'm so sorry-- I--I" Dara cries, tears streaming down to her face. Her heart is feeling heavy with all the emotions that had been bottled up.

Since Dara is being too emotional, Bom continues for her "Our hearts had been filled with regret and remorse that's it's been harder for us to approach you. When we heard some news that you got depressed, that you started homeschooling, we wanted to pick you up and tell you ' It's alright! We've got your back', we would stay outside your house every other day for a year trying to knock on your door but we always backed down. Sometimes, your dad would see us and offered us to come in but we'd always deny. That's why we were shocked that you went to high school--happy to see that you've enrolled in the same school as us." Bom smiles, but this time you can see the sadness in her eyes.

Dara wipes the remaining tears, and takes a sip of her cooled-down-coffee. "Maybe because of your dad's remarriage that you've stood up again but we're glad that you've gave another chance to the world, so we thought maybe you'll also give us a chance as well but Human are awful beings. Just because your appearance is not deemed by the media's beauty, people were starting to bully you and that's why we've made the code. We were the only ones that can bully the outcast but it was only limited to girls since guys are difficult to handle and if one of the girls breaks the code we'll use the girls' network and break their social status. We made that so Bom and I can protect you. At first I thought ignoring you was fine, but then the girls were starting to question us. That's when we both decided to use verbal abuse. Some girls still try to talk behind your back, but we've taken care of that"

Bom reaches out to Chaerin's hands, holding it with hers, squeezing it a little before finishing their explanation. "It's also the reason why we were so against of you joining the group. It's not because we detest you--it's actually the opposite-- but it's because it will put you in the spotlight, people will start becoming jealous. And jealousy is a dangerous fuel for hatred. You don't know how worried we were when we got the news of you fainting"

Chaerin takes a deep breath. "Correction, it's not because of the remarriage of my dad, well partially because of it but you know the main reason is--" she takes off Bom's hands around hers” it's because of Minzy was there. Minzy was there for me. All I needed was my sister from another mother but..." she let out a shaky breath. "After hearing those, what do you want me to do? Forgive you? I have forgiven you a long time ago. You did nothing wrong. I understand that blood is thicker than water"

"Don't lie to us Chaerin. We've known each other for too long." Dara rolled her eyes.

"Ugh. Fine. I'm not a saint okay. I was hurt. Both of my sisters from another mother treated me like . I'll try to forgive but I don't think I'll forget" Chaerin admitted, pouting that her goal of trying to be cool failed. These two. I wanted to look like a cool heroine in front of the readers not a petty .

Bom pinched Chaerin's cheeks because she was just too cute. "Aigooooo. The aegyo queen is back."

"Yah! Stop this, Bomjumma!" Chaerin swats Bom's hands off.

"I missed you" Bom said, with her eyes full of tears threatening to fall.

"Me too, unnie. I missed you too" Chaerin replied, smiling genuinely, giving out her eye smile. Even though it will be hard to trust them again, she does think that everybody needs a second chance.

 


I so hope it made sense to you guys. 

School is starting! That's why I updated at least once before school starts. 

Your comments are my fuel for motivation. 

Thanks for the upvote adine1245