Chapter 9 - Unexpectedly Unexpected

Us Two

 

 

Quietly opening the door, I stepped inside. Naeun was staring outside of the window, unaware of me coming into the room. I walked closer to her and once I stopped beside her bed, she spun her head towards me.

“Hi, Myungsoo,” she softly said with a mere smile on her lips.

I smiled in return. “How are you feeling?” in concern, I asked.

“You know, the usual…like always I feel.”

Her smile had faded by then.

And I don’t want her smile to fade.

“Why don’t you do the surgery?” I had boldly asked. Her eyes widen at my sudden outburst of question.

She was silent as I patiently waited for to speak.

“I –” she choked “I’m scared….I’m scared that I will be like my mom,”

Tears were running down on her cheeks as she continued “Her heart stop beating when she was in the midst of the surgery and that’s why I-I am scared,”

Once her shoulders started shaking, I wrapped my arms around her, letting her cried.

She’s traumatized, I thought. Because of what had happened during that time, she didn’t want to do it.

“No, you wouldn’t be like that.” I said as I gently her hair. “Son Naeun is a one strong girl and I’m sure you will still be alive once the surgery ends and live a happy life after that.”

She was still crying and I was wondering whether she heard what I had said.

“C-Could you stay with me tonight?” she asked, her face was still hiding in my chest.

“Sure; that if the nurse let me,” I responded and heard some soft giggles came from her lips.

 

 

 

 

“Hey Myungsoo,” she called and I hummed in return.

I was going to grab a glass of water when she called me. And yes, thankfully the nurse let me stayed the night with her.

“Do you think we could sneak out to the rooftop?”

I looked at her with one of my brows raised. “Why?”

“Because the stars seem to be appearing a lot tonight and I feel like to just lay on the ground and just stare at the stars,” she said with her eyes looking at the night sky outside the window.

I followed her eyes. Yeah, she’s right. The stars are appearing a lot tonight.

A perfect night to fulfil her wish, I thought.

“Well, it wouldn’t hurt if we sneak out for about 15 minutes, right?” I said with a sly grinned.

 

The door was opened and both of us stepped out to the rooftop.

“Gosh, that’s the most thrilling thing I’ve ever done in my life!” she stated between her soft laughter.

 “If only we had been late for a second, I bet that we might be deaf with the nags and scolds from Mrs Lee,” I said after and joined with her laughter.

With her remaining giggles, she laid on the ground and sighed. “God, I’m tired from all that sneaking,”

Seeing her casually laying on the ground with her arms spread, I shook my head and smiled. Such an adorkable kid;

Gradually, I laid next to her and stared at the sky that was like a sea full of stars.

“It’s so beautiful…amazingly beautiful,” she gasped in awe.

I turned my head slightly to her, clearly unnoticed of me doing so. Her white milky skin that was glowing because of happiness, the pink lips that repeatedly saying ‘beautiful’ and the two pairs of hazel eyes that were sparkling because of amusement – the girl that I’m truly falling in love with.

 

For the past few minutes, instead of staring at the stars, I stared at the face of the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.

“Myungsoo,” she called suddenly and because of the shock, a stuttering “Y-Yes?” broke out from my mouth.

“Do you think I should do the surgery?” with a soft tone, she asked as she turned to face me.

I was silent for a moment, staring at her eyes that were now in confusion and worried.

“You should,” I started. “You should give the surgery a go. Believe me that you would be alright and once you have undergo the surgery, you would be the happiest girl ever lived,”

I could see her eyes were b with water but she tried to resist the tears from flowing. With a sighed, she said “Okay then, I will have the surgery,”  

I smiled. “Good girl,” I said and ruffled her hair. She pouted and I chuckled.

“Now, let’s go back. It’s getting chilly out here,” I told her as I stood up from my laying position.

 “Could you help me up?” she asked as she raised her arms. Without any words, I pulled her up and she stumbled a little, making the distance between us even closer.

Raising her head, our eyes met. Both of us seemed lost in each other eyes.

And the next event occurred was unexpectedly unexpected.

 Our lips touched and we kissed.  

Even though I had been doing a few kiss scenes in my acting career, this was the first time I actually felt like kissing a person.

Because the kiss I had before was all for work, fake and not real.

But right now, this was real and there’s no camera around, no director, no one except for just the two of us.

Naeun’s lips blended perfectly with mine and we kissed until we both lacked of air.

 

“Myungsoo,” she called and I hummed in respond. We were back in her room and both of us were laying on the bed, embracing each other.

Raising her head to look at me, a childish grinned appeared on her lips. “Nothing, I just like calling your name,” then, she giggled.

Without warning, I pinched her cute button nose and she scrunched her face. Cute.

“I’ll be going back to Seoul tomorrow,” despite the suddenness, I told her.

“So…you wouldn’t be with me during the surgery?” she asked, disappointment in her voice.

“I can’t promise you I will be there during the surgery but just remember, I’m always near with you; in your heart, in your mind and by your side. Even though physically I’m not there but spiritually I am there with you.”

The words I said were sincere, genuine from my heart.

Her eyes started to become watery. Before her tears started to fall, a soft kiss landed on both of her eyelids.

Shocked, her eyes widen looking at me.

“Barrier to prevent you from crying,” I said and flashed a childish grinned.

 Her cheeks turned into deep shades of pink and I just chuckled.

“Now, sleep,” softly, I said to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

a/n: updated cause i'm back at home :p but i need to go back to school tomorrow orz anyway, i will try to update the next chapter tonight or tomorrow before i leave ;w;