Chapter 1 - Prologue

Us Two

 

 

Being famous and well-known supposedly to be amazing and fun but – no, it’s not…at all.

It’s tiring. Every moment you will be crowded with people and you need to act like you’re okay with everything even though you’re not. Had to deal with paparazzi and crazy fans – I’d say, it’s a hectic and troublesome life.

I’ve never sign-up for this thing. I’ve never ask to become like this. On times like this, I felt regret for agreeing to help the man that brought me into this spotlight but then again, how could I decline when he used the help-me-or-I’ll-get-fired card?

 

Damn myself for being too kind.

 

A sighed escaped from my dried lips as I stepped out from the van, my feet landed on the white-covered ground.

Inhaling the fresh air and then exhaled, a joyful smile formed on my lips. Home sweet home!

I have a whole week break during the holidays and that just exactly what I wanted – away from the spotlight and showbiz.

 “So L-ah, I see you in a week okay? And I expect to see you fully re-charge and get ready for your new project.” My manager – Jaewon hyung, like always reminded me. I just nodded.

Hyung then settled my black luggage on the snow-covered ground and I grabbed the handle.

“Send my regards to your mother from me.” Hyung said and then he went inside the van. Once the black van was away from my sight, I pulled the luggage as I walked towards my house – the house that I haven’t visit for months – and rang the doorbell.

The door opened and I had prepared myself for an ambushed hug from my mother but no, it’s not happening.

Eyes widen in surprised seeing a petite girl with long wavy hair opening the door and not my plump, short-haired mother.

For seconds, both of us just stared with each other until a familiar voice bombarded our moment.

“Oh, Myungsoo! Is that you?!”

I looked behind the girl’s shoulders and saw my mother, still with apron on her body. I smiled seeing her – my lovely mother.

The petite girl moved aside as my mother went towards me and immediately pulled me inside to the living room. We sat on the crème-coloured sofa, facing each other. Mother cupped my face and inspecting my face, trying to search for a scratch or damage on my face. Not a moment later, her eyes were b with water.

“God, I miss you so much, Myungsoo-ya,” she muttered and inwardly, I hugged her. My mother warmth is always the best for me, no matter how many girls I had hugged in my acting career.

“I miss you too, mom.”

 

 

 

 “Mom, where’s the girl?” I asked mom. We were in the kitchen – mom at the stove, cooking something delicious (which I assumed it must be kimchi jigae – my favourite!) as I was sitting on the stool near the counter.

I’ve not seen her yet after mom pulled me inside.

“Are you talking about Miss Son Naeun?” mom said, still facing the stove.

I was about to reply her when she suddenly shrieked. “Good grief, I had been rude to her!” mom exclaimed as she spun around, facing me. Her face written guilty and horrified,“ I’ve not yet said my thanks to her for helping me! I should ask her to come for dinner on behalf of my rudeness!” with that, she zoomed out from the kitchen, leaving me dumbfounded.

Well then, I guess I will know about her during dinner – that Son Naeun girl.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

a/n: will update on the weekend :p until then, please wait and tell me how's the first chapter :33 

and for the students who have school/class tomorrow, let's do our best in school orz