Chapter 4 - Weird

Us Two

 

 

For the next day and after, we’ve been hanging out a lot. She would suddenly pop in when I was having my breakfast and after that she would (always) suggest something for us to do on that day and as usual, without any words I would agree.

But on the 5th day of my one week holiday, she didn’t barge in, interrupting my breakfast – like usually she did. I thought that maybe she over-slept so, I didn’t think about it too much after that.

I had finished my breakfast two hours ago and yet, she wasn’t here. It was weird.

I don’t know but I had a bad feeling that something happened to her.

After informing my mom that I will be going out for a while, I grabbed my jacket and went out – going to Mrs Halseoung’s house.

The weather was extremely cold as I tightened the red scarf around my neck. The wind was blowing pretty harsh and I didn’t understand why I felt anxious about this extreme weather.

 Feeling myself walking on a fast paced, immediately I stopped when I saw a body – laid unmoving on the white-covered ground.

My heart suddenly beating so fast when I saw the unconscious figure and my breathing seemed to be uneven.

Rushing myself towards the body, my eyes widen seeing the familiar face, the familiar hair and the familiar black beanie.

“Naeun!”

Quickly I put her into my arms, tapping both of her cheeks lightly.

“Naeun, Naeun, wake up!”

I was worried, scared – heck who doesn’t?!

I felt her forehead – cold, freezing cold. How long does she have been unconscious here?!

I felt her pulse – still beating but not in a normal pace.

Lifting her up into my arms, I rushed back to my house.

She needs to be warm up, she have to be warm up.

Never in my whole life had I felt like this; the feeling of afraid losing someone.

Not even to my own father.

 

 

 

When we had reached at my house, mom wasn’t there – which was probably better or else she would attack me with questions and that, will take a lot of time.

Taking her to my room and gently putting her on my bed, I set the heather to its highest. After that, I went to the bathroom and filled a small basin with warm water.

I sat on the bed beside her, dipping a white handkerchief with the warm water and put it on her forehead.

I took a breath of relief. Thank goodness I saw her or else, who knows what will be happened to her.

I stared at her face. Now that I looked at her long enough, I realized yesterday she seemed not as enthusiastic as the day before. She was more on her own world rather than trying to get on my nerves.

I know she liked to see me getting annoyed and frustrated and yet, she didn’t do it yesterday.

Now that the pieces of the puzzle starting to come together, I felt it was really weird – too weird.

All of my thoughts vanished when I heard her groaning and starting to toss and turn on the bed.

Her eyes slowly fluttering opened, trying to regain her focus as she blinked for a few times.

“M-Myungsoo?” she said, her voice was a little bit hoarse.

I gently smiled at her. Her eyes were wandering around the room as she was trying to sit up on the bed and I helped her.

Then, she looked at me; brows knitted together. “What happened?”

“You passed out, I guess. I was on my way to go to your grandmother’s house when I saw your body on the ground, unmoving.” I recalled back the moment and I thought that that was probably the most scary thing that ever occurred to me in my whole life.

She then, suddenly became quiet. I was expecting her to at least explain to me why she passed out but no, she’s not.

She was looking on the floor rather on me. She was in her own world again and I was hoping that there would be a hole to see right through into her mind.

I was curious – heck, who doesn’t?

“Naeun?” I called her and she seemed startled.

“Are you alright?” I spoke again and she nodded her head and smiled – a rather forced one.

“Yeah, I’m alright! Don’t worry about me!” she tried to make herself sound cheerful and okay but – she can’t bluff me.

I know there must be something but she didn’t want to tell me – not a single thing at all.

 

 

 

 

 

I could barely close my eyes last night. My thought was actively running and it was all about Naeun. I was still worried about her condition and the bad feeling that something will happened to her come back to me again on this morning.

Skipping breakfast, I went to her grandmother’s house. I know it was still early and considered rude to visit someone on this kind of hour but I don’t care.

I rang the doorbell a few times and still, there was no answer. I was getting worried but I tried to be positive and thought that maybe they were having breakfast outside and so, I decided that I would wait for them outside the house.

But one hour had passed and neither one of them came back. I was starting to get freezing as I cupped both of my hands and blew some air into it, trying to get myself warm and then, rubbing myself.

I’ll wait for another 10 minutes and after that, I’ll go back home.

But still, it was fruitless.

With a disappointed sighed, I slowly walked back home. It was frustrating that I can’t get rid of this bad feeling.

God, please let this bad feeling be a false alarm.

 

“Myungsoo?”

 

I stopped on my track when I heard a gentle woman’s voice calling my name.

I turned around and automatically, my lips formed a sweet smile. “Good morning, Halseong halmeoni,” I greeted Naeun’s grandmother and she gave me a warm smile.

“Are you here for Naeun?” she asked; like it was the usual thing to ask.

I nodded. Then, she sighed; knowing that my purpose here was to see Naeun.

“I’m sorry dear but…Naeun is not home right now.”

“Then…do you know where she is then?”

 She was silent for a moment, looking hesitant whether to tell me or not. At last, she broke .

 

 

“Naeun…Naeun is in the hospital right now.”

 

 

______________________________________________

a/n: guess you guys pretty much notice that I'm doing angst :pp and i hope you guys be patient and wait for next week; if i'm not that busy and could update :p lol anyway, feedbacks would be lovely and appreciated~ <33