Chapter 2 - A Little Tease

Us Two

 

 

On 7 p.m. sharp, the doorbell rang. Mom rushed to the door as I was busy setting the table.

I could faintly hear their voices and conversation.

“Oh, Naeun-ah, thank you for coming! I’m sorry for my rudeness earlier,” mom said.

“No,no, you shouldn’t be apologize! I understand that you haven’t see your son for a long time so, no worries!” the girl said.

Her voice was sweet and gentle – like most girls have.

After that, I don’t understand what they were talking about since I could only heard murmurs and giggles.

Finished setting up the table, just like on cue, both of the ladies came towards the dining table.

“Ah, Myungsoo! Come introduce yourself to Naeun here,” mom said and I went towards them, standing in front of the two ladies. “Naeun is Halseong halmeoni granddaughter and she came here around 4 months ago.” Mom did a bit of introduction on her.

Guess that answer my question why I have never saw her before.

The girl sweetly smiled to me as she held out her hand. “Hello, nice to meet you, I’m Son Naeun,”

I took her hand for a brief second and said, “Kim Myungsoo” coldly.

The smile on my mom’s lips was slowly fading when she saw my cold reaction. I know she didn’t like how I act but I don’t care. I don’t want to be friendly with some total stranger – especially a girl.

Who knows that she might be one of those crazy fans of mine?

Mom gave me a sharp glare before turning to Naeun – who was now looking awkward and uncomfortable.

Well, serve her right…right?

God, why suddenly I felt guilty…

 

 

 

Dinner was going on smoothly (fortunately). Mom asked me to court her back home because “It’s dangerous for a young lady to walk alone at night” and so, I just agreed since I was lazy to argue.

Silence – that’s our situation right now. I couldn’t think of any topic to talk and she was too, I guess.

“So, Myungsoo-shi…” she called and I glanced at her. She didn’t look at me; instead she kept her eyes to the front.

I didn’t say anything and so, she continued, “You’re the famous actor and singer, Kim Myungsoo, huh…” she sounded like she was mocking me…and with that smirk!

God, I never know a girl like her could do that kind of smirk!

Clearing my throat, I respond, “Do you have some problem with that?” I asked, coldly.

She hummed as she threw her hands behind her back, clasping her hands together. “Nothing, it’s just that –” she stopped on her track and I did too.

“I despise that kind of person.” Her voice sounded dangerously cold.

And I think I could see her eyes turning darker.

I gulped. Yes, I’m starting to think that this girl might be a crazy psycho that will kill me in any moments now.

Even though she looks cute and innocent…

Oh, how looks could deceive you so bad…

 Maintaining my cold and emotionless face, I looked back at her; trying so hard to give her my best scary and sharp eye-contact.

I was just about to say something to her when in a blink of eye, she suddenly burst into laughter.

Wait, what’s going on here?

“Gosh, you should look at your face! You look so scared and funny and I can’t even –”

She laughed again.

I was dumbfounded, bewildered, puzzled and every other words that have the same meaning with those.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, trying to register what she had just said.

“W-Wait…you mean…”

The girl nodded, understood what I was going to say next. “Yup, that was just an act! Do you think I’m really going to kill you?” she playfully said, that teasing and satisfied smile still plastered on her face.

“Well, obviously! It seemed like you’re going to draw a knife or something sharp-able or kill-able towards me!” I was furious. Gosh, this girl is unbelievable!

I guess she was shocked because my voice suddenly went high; based on her expression.

Her head lowered as her long hair covered her pretty face (I admit she does have a pretty face).

A sighed escaped from my lips – a frustrated and guilty one.

“Look – ” I started “ – I’m sorry for unconsciously raising my voice to you but really, it was your fault too,”

She raised her head slowly and with a pout, she mumbled a soft “I’m sorry”

Well…she looked cute, like a kid.

“Probably I was excited to know that Mrs. Kim’s son is an actor plus a singer that I thought of an idea to do a little ‘tease’ on you…though I have never heard anything about you,”

 

……..

 

Did I hear it right? She never heard anything about me?

What planet did she come from?!

“Hold on, you never know about me? The famous acting-dol, Kim Myungsoo or otherwise known as L?”

Unconsciously, I had been moving closer to her. Timidly, she shook her head no.

I was stunned.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me…” I softly muttered to myself but she heard it, of course.

“Why? Is it important that I must know about you?” innocently, she asked me as she tilted her head.

Shaking my head, I said, “No, nothing. Let’s just continue walking.”

And we started back on our track.

“Oh, and thank you for your ‘little tease’, though I almost have a little heart attack,” I told her.

A fit of giggles left her lips as she said “No problem, it is my pleasure, Kim Myungsoo-shi,”

She turned to me and gave the sweetest smile to me.

And that’s the moment when I felt sudden warmth creeping into my heart.

And I thought only mom could do that to me.

 

God, what’s happening to me…

 

 

________________________________

a/n: Hello~ Here's the weekly update :pp I know it's not weekend but...because of I'm not going to school today (because of the cross-country thingy =4=) so, I decided to update :33 still not confirm whether I will update the next chapter on this weekend though.

Anyway, thank you for those who had suscribed~ <33