Chapter 11 - Epilogue

Us Two

 

 

One and a half year later

 

He looked at the sky – it was grey.

Gloomy… like me, he thought.

Bringing his gaze back to the ground, his eyes landed on the grey tombstone.

Pain…his chest was in pain seeing the name carved on the stone.

A few sobs left his dried lips as he cried, remembering the precious memories they have built together.

Soon, his knees came in contact with the grassy ground as his knees already gave in.

Gripping at the edge of the stone and putting his forehead on the surface, with a muffled voice he said “Please come back…. I miss you,”

And then, he just cried and cried.

 

…………

……..

…..

..

 

“AAANNDD CUTT!” yelled the director. “That’s a wrap!”

 

All of the staff were clapping their hands and were smiling in satisfaction. Some of them were heaving a sigh of relief, glad that the filming had come to an end.

Myungsoo wiped his tears and stood up. As if on cue, his manager came and gave him a blanket with a bottle of mineral water.

 “Nice work, L! Your act will make the whole nation in tear!” the director complimented him. L respectfully bowed to him and said “Thank you,” with a smile.

“So, you’ll join us celebrating tonight?” the director asked but L politely shook his head. “I’m sorry but…after this; I’ll be going straight to my hometown.”

“Ahh, I see… going to meet your family?”

With a meaningful smile, he nodded. “And my bride to-be.”

The director smile hearing that and nodded. “Yes, of course, how could I forget about that,” along with a low and deep chuckled came from him.

With the smile still plastered on his face, L said “Then, I will be leaving now. It’s nice working with you and the team!” and shook the director’s hand.

“It’s nice working with you too, L.” and with a last bow, L left.

The director’s eyes were following L until one of the staff came to him and said “He has change, right director-nim?”

And the director just nodded his head “And it’s all thanks to that special girl.”

 

Once the van stopped in front of his house, he literally jumped from the van and rushed to the door like a five-year old kid.

The manager just wordlessly shook his head. Jaewon noticed the changes in L’s personality once he came here a year and half ago. Though after that, he was back to his usual-self a few days later because the girl was getting her surgery. And because of that, L quietly went here and made all of the staff worried.

But two weeks later after his MIA, he was back but he was not alone. Jaewon still remember the stoic face of the CEO and the heavy atmosphere that time.

 

“L, who’s that girl beside you?”  the CEO strictly asked, the wrinkles on his forehead were visible.

With a straight face, L boldly said “My girlfriend.”

And because of that one statement, the atmosphere suddenly turned heavy.

Jaewon was getting fidgety.

The girl next to L was growing anxious and nervous. Her hands were sweaty and she was afraid that L would find it uncomfortable so she tried to pull away but that just made L tightened his grip more.

“And what’s the purpose of you bringing her here?” the CEO asked again, with a low and serious voice.

“Because I want to get marry with her.”

 

The news has shock the whole Korea because of that kid bluntness, Jaewon thought and smiled, remembering the news that came out a month ago.

 

“The famous acting-dol, L will be getting married with a non-celebrity girl from his hometown. It’s been said that they have met during the idol visits to his hometown. Another source had said that his bride to-be once undergo a surgery to treat her cancer and said that it was a success.

Let’s all of us give this couple a blessing and we hope both of you will have a happy marriage life!”

 

L pushed the doorbell and the door opened, revealing his plump mother.

“My precious son!” she shrieked as she crushed her son into a big hug. L almost chocked on his breath.

“Yes m-mom, I miss you too,” he managed to say.

Mrs Kim broke the hug and side-eyed her son, crossing her arms. “You’re going to see Naeun, right?” she questioned.

“You know me so well, mom,” he said with a childish grinned. Mrs Kim shook her head. “Of course, I’m your mother.”

“Then...I’m off to Halseong halmeoni’s house,” and left a peck on Mrs Kim cheek.

 

As L was walking to Halseong halmeoni’s house, he saw a person walking in front of him.

Hmm, a familiar back figure, he thought and smiled.

Quickly went closer, he immediately covered her eyes and mouth. A surprised gasp was heard. Bringing his lips closer to her ear, he whispered “Guess who I am first and I let you go,”

“Hmph hmph!” she muffled in his hand.

“What? I can’t hear you clearly,” he whispered again and chuckled. Cute.

“Hmph hmph!”

“Can you repeat again? I can’t hear you,”

She grabbed his hand and pulled away his hand from and with a frustrated voice, yelling “Kim Myungsoo!” and spun around, facing him.

Her face was red and she bit her lips in frustration, crossing her arms. L was chuckling.

“Hello, my dear Naeun.” He said and pinched her cheek.

Naeun slapped his hand away and with a sighed, she said “Why didn’t you tell me you’ll be coming here?”

“Because…I want to surprise you and it works,” he said and smirked.

Naeun pouted. “Thank goodness that I didn’t elbow your stomach because of shock.”

L laughed. “Well, lucky me.”

L went closer to Naeun and put both of his hands on her waist. Their gazed met. Naeun’s cheeks were in a faint shade of red and L smiled.

“I miss you,” he said, with a voice that could melt any girl’s heart.

“I miss you too,” she replied, a little low but enough for L to hear.

Still gazing into each other eyes, both of them leaned closer and their lips touched, a kiss that overflow with the feeling of longing and love.

 

 

 

 

Two of us – are meant to cross each other path.

 

Two of us – are destined to be with each other.

 

Two of us – are living in a happily ever after!

 

 

 

The End~!