Chapter 10 - I Love You

Us Two

 

 

The next morning, my slumber had been interrupted by the annoying vibrating sound from my phone. Groggily, I opened my eyes.

The thought of picking up the phone slipped away once my eyes landed at the peaceful face of an angel sleeping (yeah, cheesy, corny, whatever you say but it’s the truth anyway).

The annoying vibrating sound finally stopped and I took the chance to admire the view in front of me. Because the bed was small, our distance was extremely close until I could feel the soft, warm breath coming from her.

A gentle sweet smile appeared on my lips. Gently, I traced her face with my finger. Perfect eyebrows, long lashes, cute button nose, chubby cheek – lastly, my finger stopped on her lips; and a pair of soft lips.

Remembering that I had kissed those lips last night, made me smile even wider.

Just when I was reminisced the moment from last night, I was being interrupted from, yet again, the annoying vibration sound from my phone.

Damn this sh*t.

With a frustrated growl, I hauled myself up from the bed and reached for my phone at the bed-side table.

Not yet picking up the phone, I lazily wore my shoes and went outside the room, didn’t want to interrupt her sleep.

“Hello,” I said, with a tint of annoyance.

“So, ready to go back today?”

A sighed escaped my lips when I heard the voice. Jaewon hyung.

I didn’t answer his question and hyung took that chance to talk. “I’ll pick you up at three in the evening, okay?”

“Hmm,” was the only replied I gave and the call immediately ended by none other than…me.

Went inside the room back, Naeun still hadn’t woke up yet. I glanced at the clock that was hung on the wall in front of the bed. 7 a.m.

I walked to the bed, watching her sleeping. I don’t know but seeing her peacefully sleeping like this made me at ease.

I didn’t want to wake her up though I already felt bored. I didn’t feel sleepy, which was weird since every time I woke this early, I will always end up closing my eyes back.

My eyes accidentally caught a black notebook under the pillow. Slowly taking it out, I immediately recognized the book. It was Naeun’s bucket list notebook.

I was about to put the notebook back where I had found it when I saw a folded paper on the floor. Curiously, I picked it up and opened the folded paper.

 

To have my first kiss with the guy I like <3

 

Unconsciously, I chuckled.  Obviously it’s Son Naeun’s!

It must have fallen down from the notebook, I presumed. And I guess this was the torn one, based on how the torn part of the paper fit the one in the notebook.

“Myungsoo…?”

A soft and soothing voice called my name. Averting my eyes from the paper towards her dazed-self, I smiled.

 “Good morning, angel,”   

Some shades of rosy pink coloured her white cheeks. I chuckled.

“What’s that?” she asked as her fore finger pointed to the paper on my hand.

“Oh. Err, this is…” I trailed as I awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

Naeun kept staring at the paper when a gasped left her lips. “Don’t tell me that it’s from my notebook…”  

Bingo.

The hand was still at the back of my neck and I timidly nodded.

For a moment, I thought that she was froze – like literally froze.

“Naeun…?” I just had to call her name cause she hadn’t even blink once after she knew that it’s from the notebook.

“Did – did you read it...wait, of course you did.” She murmured softly and blinked a few times with that blank face of hers.

Then, she suddenly turned around and smashed her face into the pillow, mumbling some incoherent words that I didn’t understand even a bit.

I burst into laughter. God, she looks absolutely cute being like that!

 

“Don’t laugh, Kim Myungsoo!” she whined as she had raised her head. Her face was red like tomato.

With the remaining laugh, I said “I’m sorry but you look ridiculously cute and I can’t help myself,”

She pouted and I was still laughing.

“Fine! Just laughed for the whole day!”

Crossing her arms, she looked away from me. I stopped laughing and was now smiling.

Without warning, I pinched her cheek.

“Aish!” she growled and slapped my hand away from her cheek. I chuckled.

“Do you really want to be sulky until I leave?” I said with a brow raised.

She looked at me; then the floor and after that, a sighed came out from her lips. “Fine…”

“That’s my girl,” I spoke as I ruffled her already messed-up hair and took a sit on the chair.

“So…you’ve already read that – that embarrassing wish,” she softly spoke as her face went red.

“Then…has it already been granted?” sneakily, I asked with a teasing and meaningful smirk.

She was flustered as her face went two times redder than before. Seeing that, I nodded and stated “I take that as a ‘yes’ then,” still with the smirk.

 

 

Time flew like the wind passing by and…it’s already time for me to say goodbye.

“Naeun,” I called and she looked at me with that beautiful pairs of hazel eyes.

I’m gonna miss those eyes.

“Hmm?” she hummed and tilted her head a little.

Both of us were on the small bed, snuggling with each other.

“I have to go now,” slowly, I said those words.

A disappointed “Oh” left her lips as her hands went loose at my waist. At that action, I went down from the bed and stood beside it.

Naeun was now looking out at the window, obviously a sign that she didn’t want to look at me. I knew calling her name would be a fruitless effort so, I went in front the window, making her to look at me.

“Naeun,” I started as I took a step closer to her. “I will come back, okay. Even how pack my schedule is, I will try to make some space to visit you.”

I hugged her; her head was on my chest.

“Please don’t worry about me and please don’t think too much. Bear in mind that you’re the first woman that has ever make me feel like this – the feeling of love and had succeed to make myself comfortable around you without worrying about my image or anything.

Because of you, I got to be me.”

 A few sobs could be heard and it was none other than Son Naeun’s.

I backed away a little to see her face and cupped her adorable face.

Her eyes were closed as tears rushed along her cheeks. I thumbed away the tears as chuckles emitted from my lips.

“If you’re crying like this, how could I give you a kiss of goodbye?”

Because of what I said, she cried even harder. “Meanie,” she whined between her cries. Again, I chuckled as my thumbs still wiping away her tears.

“Okay, I’m just kidding!”

Slowly leaning forwards to her, I kissed both of the eyelids first, went to the nose and after that her lips.

We sought each other lips like we were going to be apart for a long time.

Every turns of the head, every flicks of the tongue, the steamy hot kiss was ended as both of us pulled away, desperate for air.

Our foreheads were glued together as both of us stared into each other eye.

“I love you,”

Those three words that I tend to say without feelings. But this time, those three words came from my heart and I did mean that to her.

With tears in her eyes, she replied “I love you too, Kim Myungsoo” 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

a/n: the next chapter would be the last one before i go back to the hostel life orz anyway, please enjoy and feedbacks and critism are welcome~ oh, and welcome new subscribers~! <33