Chapter 5

Help Me Win Your Daughter's Heart

Chapter 5

Hyoyeon’s POV

I was staring on our class room door where Tiffany dragged Taeyeon out. Someone tapped me on my shoulder and when I turn around I saw IU looking at me worriedly.

                “Is she going to be alright?” she asked

I know she won’t.

                “I hope so” that’s the only thing I can say

Tiffany,Taeyeon,Seohyun,IU and me have been friends since we were little. It’s no joke seeing your friend change. If I’m this hurt about Tiffany’s change what more for Taeyeon? She has spent more time with Tiffany than with me. I’m not jealous. I have Seohyun.

I know people change and even I changed. But it didn’t mean I should treat my friends any different than I did before. If she says that she wants to hang out with those popular kids more than us then I wouldn’t mind. But the fact that she’ll just ditch us, hurts.

I was deep in my thoughts when the door of the class room opened with Taeyeon’s eyes swollen again. I walked to her and lead her to her seat. Some of the students are staring at us. I don’t care. I’m used to all this stares and looks that they give us.

                “Shesh” I said before hugging my fragile sister

IU rubbed Taeyeon’s back trying to soothe her. In times like this, I’m very thankful that IU ended up being friends with us. She’s really great and kind.

Not long, the door opened again. Tiffany walked in and sat on her chair. Like Taeyeon, her eyes were also swollen and red. I look at my sister and saw her having this blank face. I couldn’t help but feel sad. Taengoo used to be all happy and smiley. But now? She’s having this stone cold face.

                “You guys talked?” I brought up all my courage to ask that

                “Doesn’t matter” she said her eyes fixed on her notebook

I wanted to know what happened but I feel like this is not the right time to ask her. IU looks at me and gave me a comforting smile.

                “Okay”

The class started. This reminds me that we only have two months before graduation.

After the school festival, comes the final exam and then graduation.

If Tiffany and Taeyeon are already like this what will happen if we enter middle school?

Are they going to act like strangers?

Sigh.

 

Tiffany’s POV

Class ended and as usual all students boarded on their perspective school buses. When I entered the bus, I saw IU sitting on my spot. The seat which is next to Taeyeon.

I guess I really did it this time. I shouldn’t have confronted her if it meant not being able to be near her.

Even though she was avoiding me last week she would still save the chair next to her.

I sighed as I look around looking for an empty spot.

                “Tiff”

I looked back and saw Nickhun. He held my hand and led me to an empty seat.

                “From not on” He said in a loud voice

                “These two seats in front is for King Nickhun and Queen Tiffany”

The class up roared and cheered loudly.

                “The school couple!” one of Nichun’s friends yelled and the other students followed

I felt my face heating up. I sat down next to Nickhun and realized we were still holding hands.

                “I hope you don’t mind” He said

                “It’s a bit chilly” he acted as if he was cold by shivering

I smiled at him and just let him held my hand. I am enjoying this.

Holding hands with the guy you like. Isn’t it great?

But all this happy event went down the drain when my eyes landed at the back.

Taengoo was facing the window with tears flowing down her cheeks.

I made her cry again.

 

IU’s POV

Me and Taeyeon were chatting when we saw Tiffany looking for a place to sit.

                “I think I should just go sit at the usual”

I was about to stand up but Taeyeon held on my hand tightly.

                “Please don’t leave” she said almost pleading

I heaved a heavy sigh before nodding my head yes. The girl sitting beside me was trying hard not to be concern to Tiffany.

I know she’s hurting herself every time she pushes Tiffany away. I was about to stand up and call Tiffany when I saw Nickhun held her hands. The bad thing was, it wasn’t just me who saw.

                “From now on” Nickhun yelled catching most of everyone’s attention

                “These two seats in front is for King Nickhun and Queen Tiffany”

I looked to my side and there I saw Taeyeon’s hurt expression.

She then scoffed.

                “They’re probably together now” she muttered

This side of Taeyeon is starting to get on my nerves. She pushes Tiffany away further and now she gets hurt when she sees her with someone else. I just want to slap Taeyeon. Maybe she’ll wake up.

But I can’t. All I have to do for now is let them settle this on their own. And when the time comes, I’ll give Taeyeon the push she needs.

The whole ride was quite. I look to my side and saw Taeyeon looking out the window with her head resting on the palm of her hand.

When I held her hand, tears flowed down her cheek. I want to wipe them away but I am in no position to do so.

If I did.

It’s like letting myself go. Giving myself hope that maybe, Taeyeon wouldn’t just look at Tifany. That maybe if I wipe those tears away she’ll be able to see clearly that I’m right here.

 

3rd POV

As soon as Tiffany arrived, she dashed to her room locking herself.  And Taeyeon was doing the same.

The two girls bawled their eyes out until they both fell asleep.

 

A week passes by just like a wind. It was now their school festival. In the midst of the crowd are a couple one with a white shirt tucked inside a light brown skinny jean with a cardigan over it. She paired it up with a pair of black converse shoes.  Clinging to her arm was a woman also in white but in a dress. It was simple and elegant. She was wearing a pair of heels but not too high. The couple then went inside an auditorium. It was packed with students and civilians. They took a seat at the very front row.

                “I’m really excited!” the taller of the two said

                “It’s her first performance, I hope she’ll do well” the other girl with a blonde hair said

After half an hour of waiting, the show finally began. Tiffany was the leading role and her parents couldn’t be prouder. Sooyoung was watching intently like a hawk. She wouldn’t want to miss anything so no matter how she wants to pee she wouldn’t. Jessica who was sitting beside her was also stunned by her daughter’s performance. The kid was a natural actress. Her voice was no joke too. Then it came to the kissing scene. Sooyoung was getting nervous and anxious at the same time. She was fighting the urge to climb up on stage and yank her daughter away from the guy. Then came the kiss. Sooyoung shut her eyes close waiting for her daughter’s lips to meet with this guy she didn’t have any idea who, when suddenly the lights turned off. No one knows whether the kiss happened or not.

                “W-What happened? Did they kiss?” Sooyoung asked her wife who just shrug her shoulders

                “How can you just shrug your shoulders when our daughter just had a KISSING scene woman!?” Sooyoung shakes Jessica furiously.

Jessica head chops Sooyoung which made the tall girl somehow calm.

                “Idiot! I didn’t see anything too! The lights suddenly went out!”

The play director has instructed Tiffany and Nickhun to just skip the kissing scene. They took the advantage when the lights went out to move to the next scene.

                “Oh? So they didn’t actually kiss then?” Sooyoung asked when the lights again and the play continued without even knowing if they actually kissed.

When the play ended, the staff and the actors of the play gathered together.

                “I don’t know who turned off the lights but good thing we were able to pull it off”

The class president looks at her classmate one by one.

                “Good thing we were able to convince them that, that the shutting of lights off meant as a transition for the next scene” she continued

                “Anyway, good work Tiffany-ssi and you too Nickhun-ssi”

Tiffany was changing when she heard a knock on her changing room. She opened the door and saw her parents.

                “Umma!Mommy!” she jumped on them for a hug

                “I’m so proud of you!” Sooyoung said planting kisses on Tiffany’s face

                “Stop that! Come here baby” Jessica then pulled Tiffany towards her for a tight a hug

                “You were great!” Jessica said planting a kiss on the girl’s fore head

When they pulled out from the hug, Sooyoung took her daughter back for another hug.

                “Did you really kiss the guy?” Sooyoung asked in their hug

                “A-Aniyo! W-We were about to but the lights went off” Tiffany stuttered

Hearing her daughter’s answer she sighed in relief.

                “Good! I don’t want my daughter kissing some guy I barely know”

Tiffany pouted and just hugs her mother.

                “We’ll be heading” Jessica said

                “You’re not gonna stay?” Tiffany looks at her parents sadly

                “Fine. But just for a while. Me and your mother still have some stuff to do in the office” Jessica answered which made Tiffany jump like a kid

                “We’ll wait for you outside” the tall girl then held her wife’s hand heading out the auditorium

They were just about to step out of the auditorium when the tall girl saw Taeyeon. Taeyeon came from the other back door of the auditorium.

                “Hey Tae!” Sooyoung shouted waving her hand

Taeyeon froze and turned to Sooyoung. She then gulps before walking towards the tall girl.

                “H-Hey Aunt Shikshin” Taeyeon greeted

                “You okay? You look nervous” Sooyoung looks at Taeyeon with squint eyes

                “I-I’m fine. Must be the heat” Taeyeon lied

She was nervous. She’s actually breaking in cold sweat.

                “Hey, why don’t you join us? Tiffany’s just changing” Jessica invited

Taeyeon’s eyes went round. She didn’t know Tiffany still hasn’t told her parents about their argument.

                “Ummm. I-I have to do something” Taeyeon said finding an excuse

                “Oh, that’s bad. You know, you use to be all giddy when I invite you to hang out with us” Sooyoung said with a poker face

Taeyeon gulped and stared fanning herself. Seeing this side of Taeyeon made Sooyoung burst in laughter.

                “Why so nervous? I’m just kidding! Geez”

Taeyeon laughed awkwardly before clearing .

                “I guess I’ll see you when I see you aunt Choi, Aunt Jessica” Taeyeon bowed and dashed off even before Sooyoung and Jessica could bid their goodbye

The couple look at each other weirdly.

                “Hey umma, mommy”

Tiffany came just when Taeyeon left.    

               

 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tada~ an update! 

How is it? Too much drama? hahaha don't worry it will be all over soon :)

Comments and up votes are very much appreciated!

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME COMMENTS! I JUST RAN 3 KM!  I WAS THINKING OF THE NEXT CHAPTER WHILE I WAS RUNNING! 

SO PLEASE!!! (ps. sorry for the caps lock :D) 

If begging won't work then maybe this will kekekekke

Love you all~ (ewww xD so gay) 

 

cr. to the owner of the adorable gif above :D