Chapter 15

Help Me Win Your Daughter's Heart

Taeyeon's POV

A month has passed with just a snap of a finger. I've got good news and a terrible one. I'll get to the terrible one first. Just like Yi Jung said good girls like happy endings. I've been helping Nickhun for almost more than a month with winning Tiffany over and guess what? I did it. I mean, HE did it. Miyoung finally said yes. I was there when he asked her. I can still remember how Nickhun asked Tiffany in front of the whole campus. I was in my classroom reviewing when students started to gather to the school ground. I went out of our classroom's veranda and that's when I saw Nickhun holding a large notebook with his gang singing for Tiffany. In that very notebook all the things I wanted to say to Tiffany was written. The only sad thing is I wasn't the one doing it, but the guy in front of her.

We've known each other since we were small

He flips the notebook.

I've watched you from a far wishing I'll be able to hold you close

I've been far too long and I can no longer hold this feeling of protecting you

I want to hug you when you feel cold

That one summer night when I went out to follow Tiffany I can still remember it.

Aunt Sooyoung and my parents were both silently dying from watching Jessica unnie's favorite movie. I sneaked out quietly when I heard Tiffany asked her parents if she can go for a walk. As soon as she stepped out of the house, I followed her keeping a close distant but not too close that she'll notice me.  She stopped and sat down on one of the swings. That was the moment I realized that Tiffany has grown up beautifully too beautiful that I doubt if I can even make her like me.

"You're hands are warm" I can still remember those words when she held out her hands to me.

I felt so happy knowing I was able to keep her warm in that cold night. That night I wished I had the courage to hug her to warm her up not just with my hands.

I wouldn't mind getting scold at if it meant not seeing you cry

I still remember when I hid Tiffany in my room when she refused to go home with aunt Sooyoung. That very next day, when the Chois left, I got a lot of scolding from YoonA umma and Yul umma. But it was still worth it. I was able to keep Tiffany from feeling sad more.

I've done things I've never thought I would even do

I remembered what I did that day. On the day of Tiffany's performance, I sneaked inside the hall and turned all the power off. I wasn't ready to see her kiss him. Not when I can do something to stop it.

 

And I would do anything just to make you smile

My throat was hurting that night, but she wanted to eat some ice cream so what can I do? If ice cream is the only thing that would cheer her up then I don't mind a painful throat.

My brain goes haywire when I'm with you. My heart pounds so hard that I can barely hear what my head is saying that's why I hope you'll understand when I start saying something weird

"Fight fire with fire" I unconsciously mumbled

I like hearing you laugh, seeing you smile. Even when you frown I still find it cute.

What am I doing? I shouldn't be doing this to myself. This is torture.

I turned my back and sat down back to my chair. She doesn't have to know right? It's better this way.

I couldn't find the courage to say all this things when I'm with you. My tongue would crawl its way to the very back of my throat. So, I'll just write them down.

Students started squealing. 

"I guess he's on his final page"

I can't give you the stars or the moon. I can only give you this beating heart of mine. Do you think it's enough?

I covered my ears as I buried my face on my open book.

There was few seconds of silence before I finally heard a louder squeal.

 

"She said yes" I lift my face and saw Hyoyeon with a sad smile

"I know...I can hear them"

 

 

I wish I had even a small ounce of courage in me. And a bigger memory for you...so you can remember when you said 'yes' to me when we were little.

Flash Back (Help Me Win Umma's Heart Chapter 11)

“I know who I want to marry!!” Taeyeon said snapping her fingers

“Who?” Tiffany tilted her head to the side

“YOU!!” Taeyeon pointed to Tiffany

“Why?”

“Because you’re my best friend. And when you said someone I want to get stuck with my whole life you came out from my head!”

“Ohhhhh. I want to marry you too!”

“Then we’ll get married when we grow up!”

“Pinky promise?”

“My pinky promises” Taeyeon then wrapped her finger over Tiffany’s

 

My phone beeped breaking my trance of thought. I took my phone from the coffee table before replying to a short text message. In a while, I heard our front door open.

"Did you wait long?" I turned my head and a small smile made its way to my lips. I shook my head no as an answer. I pat the available seat next to me which she gladly took. She takes my arm and puts them around her shoulder.

"Did you have your dinner?" I asked IU.

Yes, you guessed it right. Me and IU became official just a week after Nickhun and Tiffany got together. Nobody knows about our relationship yet. I wanted to keep it a secret and IU doesn't seem to mind it. She has been coming here often and my parents aren't even suspicious since they know that I'm head over heels for Tiffany. But that's not the case. I can feel that Hyoyeon's getting suspicious but she just shrugs it off.

"Yeah, I had one just before getting here" she answered as she leans her body against me.

"So, where's everybody?" she asked when she noticed that the house was pretty empty.

"My parents went out for their usual date and Hyoyeon is staying over at Seobaby's" I answered

She smiled sweetly before leaning in to give me a short kiss. I closed my eyes savoring every movement her lips make. We pulled out and she rest her head back on my shoulder.

"Should we start the movie?" I asked her which she answered with a nod

I took the remote and pressed play. Just before the movie started I reached for the lamp beside me turning it off. The room became dim but bright enough so it wouldn't hurt our eyes.

 

Tiffany used to come over, but now, it seems like IU's going to be the one watching with me.

 

 

 

 

"Tae-tae?"

I heard the front door open.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So close yet so far away~

I lived in Japan for two years and I wasn't able to attend even one snsd concert!

And now I'm in Canada and SNSD is just a few miles away! (you know for the kcon in LA)

I need money! I need to be rich! I need to buy half of SM's stocks! LOL XD 

Anyway, thank you for the upvotes! I think I received a couple of upvotes

KAM-SA-HAM-Ni-DA! 

 

Keep those comments coming :)

Juggling POOP hahaha

LOL I'm sorry please don't mind me