Chapter 3

Help Me Win Your Daughter's Heart

Chapter 3

The class started and Tiffany, who was sitting in front, couldn’t help but take a glance at the back. She was feeling uneasy. It was actually more of guilt for ditching her friend with her crush. 

                “You have two weeks to prepare for the annual school play. I’m expecting a lot from the graduating students” Mr. Kim, their homeroom teacher, said before asking his class to talk about the upcoming school play. The class president took over. She asked the class to choose the lead actor and actress through nomination.

                “So we have decided,” the president speaks up looking at the tally on the board

                “Tiffany-ssi will be Carmen Diaz”

The class roared in cheers with some students sitting behind Tiffany giving her a pat in the back.

                “Schlomo Metzenbaum will be played by none other than Nickhun-ssi”

Loud claps and whistles were heard in the entire classroom. Everyone cheered except for one.

                Taeyeon.

She raised her hand and excused herself saying she didn’t feel well. IU and Hyoyeon looked at Taeyeon sadly before telling the teacher if they could assist her to the nurse’s office. Tiffany got worried when Taeyeon said she wasn’t feeling well. She was also about to stand up from her seat when a girl held her by the arm stopping her.

                “Where are you going? We’re still going to discuss about the play”

Tiffany was looked back and forth from the girl holding her arm and the door of their classroom.

                “O-Okay” Tiffany sat back on her seat

 

Taeyeon’s POV

I can’t take this anymore. I raised a hand and ask the teacher if I could be excused since I’m not feeling well. Not physically but emotionally. The teacher agreed and Hyoyeon along with IU asked him if they could come and assist me.

                “You okay?” my younger sister asked

                “I just don’t feel well Hyo” I said giving her a reassuring smile to lessen her worry

But I know she wouldn’t believe. And I know she’ll just let me be.  She let go of my hand and dragged IU with her back to the classroom. See?

I walked to the nurse’s office and asked if I could rest there for a while.

                “Lack of sleep?” the nurse asked before leading me to an empty bed

                “Yes” I answered

I took my shoes off and lay down on the bed. The nurse took my temperature before leaving me alone to rest.

I was tired. I made extra notes for Tiffany last night. She hates taking notes and I know she’ll be in a big trouble when the exams come. My head was throbbing a little and so I decided to actually sleep.

I woke up when I heard the door of the school clinic open. The next thing I knew was Tiffany hugging me tightly. It took me a while before responding to her hug.

                “Are you okay?” she asked worry can be clearly heard in her voice

We pulled from the hug and her hands cupped my face looking straight in my eyes. It’s like her eyes were searching for something.

                “I’m fine Miyoung-ah” I gave her a small smile before kissing her cheek

She sighed in relief. I never thought she’d be this worried about me. Just when I thought she didn’t care.

                “Did you eat?” she asks sitting on the side of the bed

                “Tippany, this is a school clinic. Not a cafeteria” I said

She pouted but soon her eyes turned crescent. I wish I can be the only person in this world that can make her smile like that. But the fact that I’m not, is a big slap on my face.

                “Wanna go grab something to eat with me?” she asks holding my hands

                “Your ‘friends’ might not want you too” I pout remembering those snotty girls and boys

She looks at me with guilt.

                “I-I meant it as a joke Pany-ah”

She forces a smile which made her eyes turn crescent again. We walked to the cafeteria hand in hand. And of course eyes were on me. The ‘Tiffany Hwang’ was holding hands with an ‘unpopular’. I had my head hang low trying to avoid all the glares and whispers around me.

                “How dare she?”

                “Can you believe it?”

                “She probably forced Tiffany!”

                “Or maybe even block mailed her”

I heard a group of students talk. I’m honestly hurt. Who wouldn’t? It’s like I was deprived of rights to even talk with my BEST FRIEND. I pulled my hand away and rushed to a nearby wash room. I saw Tiffany’s shocked face. I don’t want her to see me crying so I locked myself in one of the cubicles. I know she followed me. I heard footsteps which stopped just in front of the cubicle I was in.

                “TaeTae?”

I knew it.

                “P-Please just leave me alone”

I’m pushing her away. I don’t think I can stay friends with her anymore. We used to stick together until she met Nickhun and his gang. She hanged out with us less. She often ditches us for them. But I can’t blame her. It must have been because of peer pressure.  

And now, I’m even pushing her further away.

Away from me.

                “Hey Tiff!”

I heard a group of girls call her. I stifled my sobs. I don’t want to be a laughing stock in school again.

                “T-Tae, I-I”

She said. Her voice sounded confused.

                “Come on Tiff! The guys are waiting” one of the girls said

The next thing I know I heard footsteps walking away. After crying my eyes out, I went out of the cubicle and washed my face. My eyes are swollen and my nose is red.

                “Taengoo?”

I turned to the door and saw Hyoyeon with a sad face

                “H-Hey” I said sniffing once in a while

                “You okay?” she went beside me and then gave me tight hug

I held her tight burying my face on my sister’s nape.

Hyoyeon may be cheerful and sometimes moody but when I’m down she’ll be the person next to Tiffany to comfort and cheer me up.

                “It feels like, I don’t know her anymore” I mumbled

The girl with red hair who would cry because of a bug, who would pout when Hyoyeon and me are asleep, who would give me presents secretly so Hyoyeon or Seohyun wouldn’t be jealous, who would pester  me to allow her to be a part owner of Ginger, who would ask to switch ice creams because hers wasn’t pink. And the little girl who I made a promise to that when we grow up we would marry each other since we can’t marry our umma. The promise that we made under ‘our’ tree on BoA seongsaenim’s nursery school.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update!!!

By the way I made this a subscribers and friends only since most of my readers didn't even bothered leaving any comments on my last update. I know it but a 'thank you for the update' or even 'update soon' would be nice. It actually tore my heart seeing no comments at all. So forgive me if I'm being a bit harsh. 

Anyway, to those readers who did leave a comment THANK YOU! And those who up voted my fic THANK YOU!

That's it for today and I'll see you soon on my next update!!

cr. to the owner of the gif above!