Chapter 13

Help Me Win Your Daughter's Heart

"Tiffany likes pink"

"Pink what?"

"Pink anything"

Nickhun jots it down. They were in a cafe talking about what Tiffany likes. It's been days since Taeyeon agreed to help Nickhun win Tiffany. Taeyeon was hurt of course but the thought of making her best friend happy helps her overcome all the pain.

"She also likes poems. It doesn't have to be long but a short one will do"

Nickhun scratches his head. He's never really into poems or anything literary.

"I don't know how to make one" he confessed

"She also likes love letters. You can write can you?" Taeyeon lifts an eyebrow with a challenging look.

The young boy on the other hand blushed in embarrassment.

"O-Of course"

"Send her letters every day. Just like in the movies and books"

Nickhun sighed heavily as he continued writing down. The boy's action irritated Taeyeon.

"What? You can't do it?"

"N-No. It's just...every day?"

Taeyeon clenched her fist. If Nickhun can't do this much for her best friend can the boy even make Tiffany happy? The short girl doubted Nickhun's will to win Tiffany.

"If you're going to be this way then there's no point in helping you" Taeyeon stood up but the boy was fast enough to grab her by the wrist.

"I'm sorry. But every day is just too much...I-I have to study too. You do know I'm not very bright"

The short girl sighed heavily before turning to him.

"Fine. But you have to promise me that you and you're little rats won't bother any students...especially my sister"

With those words said the short girl walks out from the cafe. Her heart was heavy, so to help her clear her mind and calm her heart, she decided to go to a nearby park. She sat down on a bench with her hood up and her hands inside her jacket's side pocket.

"It's been a while?" Taeyeon snapped her head to the side and saw a lovely girl seating next to her. She barely recognized her but that smile she had hasn't changed at all.

"Wow, I barely recognized you" she said before pulling her hood down revealing her now short pepero hair.

"And you still haven't changed...well except the specs"  Taeyeon took it off before squinting her eyes playfully making the girl next to her giggle.

"So, how are you doing IU?"  she asked putting back her glasses on

"Same" she answered with a shrug making Taeyeon laugh a little

"How's school?" she asked as she watched the kids passed by in front of her

"Boring...I can't wait to attend high school" she said staring at Taeyeon's side profile

Taeyeon turned her head to the side and caught IU staring intently at her.

"Were you just staring at me?" Taeyeon teased making the girl beside her turn red

"I-It's just you really changed" the short girl was taken aback then smiled before touching her short hair

"Is change bad?" she asked

"No!No!" IU defended before taking Taeyeon's hand unintentionally. The short girl's glance went to their hands. IU noticed this and released Taeyeon's hand.

"Sorry"

Taeyeon smiled before taking IU's hand. The girl was taken aback but soon smiled when she saw Taeyeon smiling at her.

"Your hands are really warm"

"You can hold them as long as you want then"

They sat there quietly with their hands holding the other. Without them noticing time passed by.

 

"It was nice seeing you again IU" Taeyeon said with a smile making the girl in front of her blush.

"C-Can we meet up more often?" IU asked

Taeyeon nodded her head as an answer. The next thing IU did startled Taeyeon. The former's lips was on hers. She wanted to push her away but for some reason her eyes slowly closed and her arms wrapped around IU's waist. It took them for a while before they realized what they did. They were both dazed.

"I-I'm s--"

Taeyeon cuts her off with a peck on the lips. The short girl's hand cupped the latter's face.

"Don't say sorry. I wanted that too" she said with her forehead resting on IU's.

"Does this mean?" IU asked which Taeyeon answered with another peck on the cheek.

"I'll see you soon" Taeyeon said good bye before parting with her first love.

First love? Taeyeon thought before shaking her head in disapproval.

 

When Taeyeon arrived she was surprised to see the Choi family gathering in their living room. And when her eyes met with Tiffany's her heart dropped. She felt like she just came home after cheating on her lover. But the silly thing is she didn’t. She shouldn't feel guilty.

"Taengoo~" Tiffany pounced on her

Taeyeon's arms hesitatingly went around Tiffany's back.

"Did you change your perfume?" Tiffany asked after pulling out from the hug

Taeyeon's eyes widen and she started sniffing her shirt. She then realized that it was IU's.

"A-Aniyo. I-I met a friend and we hugged...it's probably hers" Taeyeon explained

Tiffany nodded her head before taking Taeyeon's hand leading her to the living room where the two families were having a conversation about business.

The older girl's eyes went to their hands. And another wave of guilt rushed through her again. She suddenly snatched her hand from Tiffany. The girl looked at her questioningly.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked feeling a bit hurt from Taeyeon's action

"I-I forgot to buy something. I'll be back in a jiffy" with that Taeyeon ran out of the house

When she was a few meters away from her house she hit her head with her palm.

"What is wrong with me!?"

"Taeyeon?" the short girl turned around and saw Tiffany

"W-What are you doing here?" she asked her with a cold tone making Tiffany slightly flinch

"I was just worried" Tiffany answered in a soft voice as if she was about to cry

When Taeyeon saw Tiffany's sad expression she felt bad. She sighed heavily before giving Tiffany a hug.

"I'm sorry...I just had a bad day"

"You can always talk to me you know...you don't have to carry it all"

Taeyeon snuggled her face on  the crook of Tiffany's neck. They stayed like that for awhile before they heard a voice call for them in a distance.

"We should go" Tiffany said to Taeyeon after pulling out from the hug

"I told you I need to buy something. I'll be there in a few"

Tiffany smiled before nodding her head in understanding.

"Be careful" she said before finally leaving Taeyeon alone.

The short girl watched her figure fade slowly in the darkness.

"How can I talk to you....when it is about you"