We'll Make You Proud

How Could You Do This?

Seungri lay down his pen and shook his aching hand. He probably shouldn't have been writing with bruised knuckles, but this couldn't wait.

He pushed his letter to join the other three papers lying on the table and made to stand up. Then he did a double take. There weren't only three other papers on the table. One more paper that didn't look like a letter lay innocently next to his pen. Seungri glanced at GD and Taeyang, unsure if he should look, but curiosity got the better of him.

He sat on the floor again and pulled the last piece of paper towards him. He looked again at GD, seeing his handwriting, but GD was still fast asleep. Seungri began to read.

It was a music sheet. The notes were scribbled on the staff, and judging from what he saw, it was a beautiful tune. He noticed another paper stapled on it and flipped the music over to see what it was. He found lyrics. He read them carefully, tears forming in his eyes. They were beautiful, and matched the tune on the front page perfectly.

GD had written in who would sing which verse if they ever performed it. This must be what he had been working on all week; it was evident in the amount of effort he could see -- there were crossouts everywhere, and his handwriting was messy in places where he had gotten an idea and couldn't write fast enough to get it down.

"What are you looking at?" Seungri nearly jumped out of his skin in fright. He looked up so fast he almost cricked his neck. His face drained of color when he saw who had spoken.

GD never liked people looking at his work before it was finished. Woe to the person who snuck a look at one of his music sheets. Seungri very carefully placed the paper back on the table and got to his knees to stand up.

"Um, nothing." GD put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back down.

"Is that my --"

"No! You want some breakfast? I'll make you --"

GD sighed. "Seungri...."

Seungri lowered his eyes. "Yes." he admitted. "I just looked once, I swear. It was just lying on the table and I thought just a peek wouldn't do any harm." his voice trailed off and he chanced a small innocent look at GDs slightly angry face.

"You seemed absorbed enough not to hear me call your name three times before you looked up." Seungri flushed, all thoughts of aegyo thrown from his mind.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

"It's okay. I guess that means it's good if you were so intent on it."

Seungri seized his chance. "It's amazing! I can tell it's going to be a beautiful song when we sing it."

GD looked at him carefully. Seungri still didn't know that they'd made a decision. "We won't be singing it unless we're still a group." he said carefully. Seungri dropped his gaze to his hands, which were twisting together in his lap. Then he opened his mouth to speak, adressing his fingers.

"I was being stubborn, hyung. I didn't want to face the truth that Daesung wasn't here anymore and that it was our fault. So I tried to blame him. I didn't want to continue with Big Bang because I was so angry and also I truly didn't believe it would work out. But....I think, now, I can do it. I think we should." he forced himself to look GD in the eyes. GDs expression was unreadable and Seungri waited for him to say something. But before he could, another voice broke into the silence.

"Well said, Seungri-ah." GD and Seungri whipped around and saw Taeyang siting up on the couch, rubbing his neck and wincing. "Next time, hyung, get a pillow." he said to GD. Then he said to the room in general, "So Big Bang is back?"

"B to the I to the Bang Bang...." Seungri muttered, singing to Last Farewell. They sobered up slightly at that. It had been Daesung who had come up with that song (a/n I made that up. I don't know who wrote that song, but it's one of my favorites.).

They were interrupted by a groan from the next room. They looked at each other. Seungri had something that was very close to a smirk on his face.

"Seunghyun-hyung slept on the floor." he said sheepishly. The others rolled their eyes and went to help their hyung.

Top was flat on his back in his and Seungri's room, looking half-asleep.

"Floors were designed for torture." he mumbled, shielding his eyes from the light that GD had just , revealing the room and its mess.

"Seungri, what did you --"

"Sorry. I'll clean it up." Seungri said as he bent to help Top to his feet. Top grabbed his arm and theatrically staggered off the floor. He pointed at Seungri.

"Next time you trash the room, you get the floor." he muttered, making them all laugh.

The feelings of guilt weren't slow to rise to the surface again.

"You're allowed to be happy." Daesung said to Taeyang as his smile faded. "I don't want you to be unhappy forever."

"Come on." Taeyang said quietly. "I"ll make breakfast." they walked back out of the room to find Siwon standing dumbstruck in the living room. No one had heard him come in.

"What's wrong?" Top asked, hoping there was no more bad news. "Are you okay?"

Siwon just stared at them, then finally spoke. "Were you just laughing?" he asked disbelievingly. "Did I really just hear you laughing?"

A pause. "Yes hyung." GD muttered, feeling ashamed. To their surprise, Siwon started to smile.

"I"m so happy. I really am. I was hoping you wouldn't be unhappy forever." he said. Taeyang noted with some surprise that that had been Daesung's words to him not three minutes ago. Siwon continued. "Does this mean....?"

"Yes hyung. We've made our decision." Taeyang said. Siwon leaned forward in anticipation. They turned to GD, as leader, he had the right to say the news.

"We've decided to continue as a four member group."

Siwon let out his breath in one whoosh of relief. Then he frowned. "You don't have to be four members." he said. "I know you're used to five. We can get a trainee to debut with you, to replace Daesung."

GD flashed back to his letter and his promise to Daesung. He wasn't going to break any more promises if he could help it.

"No." he said forcefully. Siwon looked surprised at how firm he was. "No. We are not replacing Daesung, ever. We can't. I'd hate that extra person until the end of my days for taking his place. He's irreplacable. We continue as four members or not at all." the others nodded, agreeing with him, crossing their arms. Siwon raised his in defeat.

"All right. You win. It was just a suggestion." to be honest, he hadn't expected them to agree. Not in the slightest. He just wanted to see how sincere they were about regrouping. "We'll have to start rehearsing and we'll talk to YG about setting a comeback date. I'll get to work on album tracks." he went on, getting more businesslike. GD cleared his throat.

"I, um, actually have a song written already." he said, coloring slightly.

"You do?" Top asked interestedly. GD nodded, still looking embarrassed.

"I've been working on it all week." he took a side-glance at Seungri, who gave him a small smile.

"Well, can we hear it?" Siwon asked. GD nodded and went to the coffee table and picked up the lyrics and music that Seungri had been looking at. He sat down at the piano and the others crowded around him. He looked at them.

"I called it, We'll Make You Proud."

He opened the lid, placed his fingers on the keys, and began to play.

--------------------------------------------------

Jaiya is currently in the process of making the lyrics to We'll Make You Proud, and from what I've seen, they're not normal amazing. So when that comes out, I will give her the proper credit.

Moving on, what did you think of this chapter? I tried to add a little comic relief in Top on the floor and stuff. It's kinda hard to put anything funny in such a depressing story. Oh well, I tried.

=) Aiko