Secretive

Snow Tale

 

Byunghun's Point of View

I need money and fast. If I miss one more payment on this house, I'm going to have to live on the dirty streets. So yes, I am stooping low enough to make this guy do my dirty work. I hate to admit it but this guy is bulkier and taller than me, he can get the job done better than me. I don't think he'll have a problem sneaking into BAP's base to steal some dope for me to sell on the black market. 

''Do what?'' the guy shrugged my hand off his shoulder. ''Sneak into a warehouse and help me get something, but you have to get it unnoticed,'' I smiled, nonchalantly. 

''Stealing? I will not steal for you, you animal,'' he squinted his eyes at me, a clear judging look on his face. Did he really just call me an animal? What an . Well, I'm not that offended, I'm quite the y beast myself. 

''Not necessarily stealing. They took it from me and I want it back. They just won't happily hand it over to me so I just need you to silently retrieve it to it's rightful owner, that's all,'' I shrugged, crossing my arms.

He looked really skeptical and I couldn't blame the guy, I'm a suspicious person. ''Is it.. dangerous?'' the pretty girl spoke up. 

''Uhm,'' I let out a breath, ''Not for him, not really. He's a strong, macho man. I think he'll finish the task fine. Two questions for the macho man though, have you fought before and are you stealthy?'' I raised a brow.

''I've been trained in martial arts and combat my whole life, is that good enough?'' he said with a straight face. What a showoff. ''Yes, it'll be very useful. So would you help me? I'll explain everything to you and all the steps,'' I clasped my hands together and flashed my oh-so friendly smile.

''And we'll be clear of any debts that we owe to you?'' he asked. I nodded. ''Alright then, go in to detail with the plan and I'll see if I will agree or not,'' he said, crossing his arms.

''Sure but before anything else, my name is Byunghun,'' I held out my hand for a handshake. He eyed it for a few seconds before shaking it, ''My name is Tao.''

I let go of his hand and turned my attention to the girl. ''And who's this little tease?'' I tilted my head and studied her facial features. She really is cute. 

I saw that Tao guy tense up out of the corner of my eye. I think these two have a little somethin' going on. ''My name is.. Jieun,'' she said hesitantly. ''Well, nice to meet you, Jieun,'' I said, doing my eye-smile that girls are usually attracted to. She gave me a half smile. 

A damn half smile? That's all I get for my signature eye smile? Probably means she's a then..

She stared weirdly and looked at Tao, like she was confirming something. And yes, I'm very aware of my surroundings and people who are near me. You have to be conscious of everything to be safe, or at least out of harms way.

''Let's do some introductions, okay? I want to know more about you guys, a little life story will do. I don't trust people that easily so to get a bit comfortable, we'll share some stories,'' I said, jumping over the couch and landing right on the seat. 

And then again, those two looked at each other with hesitance. They sure aren't loud people.

''Sure, we won't share much though. We don't trust people that easily as well,'' Tao said, walking closely by Jieun. Before Jieun sat down, Tao whispered something in her ear, ''Don't tell him about your identity and your powers.''

Is this guy serious? He's like 5 feet away from me, I hear him very clearly. Well, this crosses out my assumption of them being ninja assassins. They aren't sneaky at all.

But what he told her, makes me more curious about who she is. If she's not a ninja assassin, who is she really?

They both sat down together, quite far away from me actually. ''So, what are your powers?'' I asked, leaning my back on the couch.

''You tell us first,'' Tao said, sitting still with his back straight like he's never relaxed before. I blinked, ''Well, my power is fire.''

It wasn't a problem to disclose that to them. Sure, some people aren't comfortable with others knowing their power because they can be counter attacked but I'm totally fine with him knowing. I'm strong so I can't be counter attacked, the one strong power that can defeat me is water of course but people with water powers are only told in stories, myths. No one has ever met someone who had water powers.

''Fire? Your power is fire?'' Jieun asked again, eyes widened. I nodded, confused why she's so in awe. Even that Tao guy looked at me with his mouth open.

''Now, your powers?'' I raised a brow. I saw the complete shock on their faces when I said my power was fire. Why are they shocked? It's not like it's a rare power here in Darcenith.

Jieun's Point of View

He only has one power? And it's fire? Yonghwa told us about it. It could destroy Crystal Scar and even.. me. He must be very powerful. I'm also guessing he has one power since he's not telling the others.

''My power is strength,'' Tao said, glancing at me. I think he got the hint that this world only has one power since he's not telling him his water power.

''My power is healing,'' I said, looking down at my fingers. ''Healing? Unless you're really good at it, you won't survive in this neighborhood. I know damn sure you guys aren't from here, where you guys from?'' he asked with a brow raised. There he goes using vulgarities again.

''We're from very far away. We got kicked out of our home. We're siblings and just looking for a place to stay for a while before we can support ourselves,'' Tao explained with a straight face. He really is good at lying.

''Oh, you guys are siblings. I thought you guys were lovers, so you wouldn't mind if I flirted with your sister?'' he laughed. Tao's eyelids turned to slits, ''I would never allow it.''

''Okay, chill. I was joking. Now about me, I live alone in this house. I've lived here for five years on my own and I recently got kicked out of my job so I'm a broke like you guys which explains why I really need you to help me retrieve the things that actually belongs to me,'' he explained with a serious face, no smirking.

After talking to each for a little bit, Byunghun explained what Tao had to do, where it was, and the whole procedure. One problem that arise was, where am I going to be throughout this plan? 

Tao has absolutely no intention of leaving me with this guy while he went to go to this warehouse thing Byunghun mentioned. Byunghun said he wouldn't allow me to go either. Something about me slowing him down. 

I'm not sure what to do either. I want to go with Tao, I want to explore this world too. I think it's Earth and I'll get to know more about this place and maybe figure out how to go back to Crystal Scar.

Byunghun said I cannot follow Tao no matter what, he says there's a good reason why I shouldn't but won't tell me the reason.

I'm not too keen on staying with Byunghun though. His power can counter attack mine and he can actually hurt me. I am the princess of Crystal Scar and my powers are extremely powerful but I don't know how powerful it will be against fire and I don't know how strong Byunghun is. 

---

I sighed, ''Have you figured out on what to do, Tao?'' He shook his head, ''I am definitely not leaving you alone with him but I have to repay him.''

I leaned my back against the hard wall. Byunghun had lent us this empty room in his house. There was nothing in it and the room was filled with dust. The four brown stained walls made me feel like I was in a prison. I wonder if Byunghun gets lonely often in this house with only him living here..

''We should just leave now. He won't be able to find us. Your safety is way more important than me keeping my word to him,'' Tao said, turning his head to me. He was also leaning on the wall next to me. The sky has darkened and the only light that was in the room was from the white circle thing outside in the sky. It resembled our Crystal or as Yonghwa called it, ''the moon.'' I'm pretty sure we're on Earth now.

''We can't just leave. He was generous enough to let us stay in his home, he wants a repayment and that's what we're going to get him. We're not lowly people who run away from problems that we don't like,'' I said, fiddling with the tattered bow that was tied around the thin white dress.

''So what do you suggest we do?'' he asked, voice low. ''You go to that warehouse place and I'll stay here with him,'' I said, my head lowered, ready for him to start lecturing me about my safety.

''Protecting you is my number priority and now you're telling me to put you in the same house as the person who can possibly hurt you? Is that seriously what you're asking me to do?'' his voice raised and I slowly slumped down to the floor.

''He doesn't know my other powers. He won't feel threatened by me, he thinks my power is only healing. If he does anything bad, I'll give him the element of surprise and whip out my other powers. Don't worry Tao, I have three powers and he has one. I promise I'll be fine,'' I whispered to him, just in case Byunghun could hear.

He heard the determination and sternness in my voice and sighed, ''Just know that if anything happened to you, I will never ever forgive myself and I'll live in depression.''

''Have more faith in me. We owe Byunghun and I'll be totally fine, little panda,'' I said, giving him a small smile. ''Don't call me that,'' he said in a dull voice, going to the other side of the room and laying on the ground to get some sleep. 

My brows furrowed. I realized he's been so bitter ever since we arrived on this planet. Where's the little panda that would've teased me back and laughed with me?

I exhaled and tried laying comfortably on the ground. I heard Tao's snoring already. He must be tired, I know he didn't get an ounce of sleep ever since we arrived early in the morning today. He's probably sore too, I had a good rest and healed completely. I need to remind myself to heal him tomorrow so he'll be ready for whatever Byunghun told him to do.

My tummy growled and I bit my bottom lip. I don't want to wake Tao up. He trained to be a light sleeper so if anything is going to surprise him at night, he'll be up and ready to fight. 

My tummy was quite loud and I'm surprised he didn't wake. He really is tired. 

I to my back and held my stomach. I haven't ate anything all day and Byunghun said he had no food. Tao must be hungry too. 

I must ender this till tomorrow, I can't wake Tao up for food. Wow, this hurt. I haven't felt the feeling of starving in years. Living in a luxurious castle really provides you with plenty of food.

I just need sleep and I'll forget all about the pain. I might even wake up tomorrow back in Crystal Scar and this could all just be a dream. Yeah, just a dream..