Strange

Snow Tale

Jieun's Point of View

My empty stomach woke me up, I didn't sleep well with it yelling for food. I sighed and got up from the ground, rubbing my sore back. It'll heal in a bit.

I stretched my arms and tiptoed to look out the window. I stared at the yellow and brown land, a little part of me still hoping this was all a dream and another big part hoping to stay longer to explore this place.

I turned to look at Tao and saw he was still asleep. I looked back out at the sky and saw that bright thing in the sky again, if I looked at it too long my eyes would start hurting and teary. I'm guessing it's morning now.

I contemplated if I should stay in this room or not. This isn't my house but I just want to go back down to living room to look out the other window.

I think that guy, Byunghun is still sleeping any ways. With curiosity, I silently left the room and walked downstairs to the living room, trying not to make a sound. 

I walked to the window and pushed away the curtain, looking out again. There was no sign of people again, this is a really empty town. 

''Well, you're up early,'' a voice whispered in my ear. It sent tingles down my spine and I jumped a bit, turning around to see that Byunghun guy standing right behind me. 

He was so close to me that my leg was touching his. How come I didn't hear or feel him this close? I need to take note that he's stealthy. I took some tiny steps back till my back touched the window, he was too close to me.

''I just.. couldn't sleep and I wanted to look at this neighborhood more,'' I said truthfully, with my head tilted up a bit. He wasn't that taller than me, just a bit.

''This neighborhood is a hole, why would you want to look at this place?'' he laughed. ''I was just curious. You don't have to curse, you know,'' I grumbled, not comfortable with him using vulgarity.

''You must really be far from here then. Everyone curses, I think I have the best potty mouth around here. I have very creative cuss words that I like to use and I'm not going to stop because you tell me to,'' he eyed me. 

I avoided his gaze and looked down, realizing he was shirtless and only wearing shorts. My eyes widened and I pushed him away with both of my hands touching his chest. I removed my hands quickly after feeling his skin and I slid past him, keeping a farther distance.

Oh, my sweet snowflakes!! How did I just notice he was half-? I touched him too, I have never touched someone like that, what if he thinks I'm a ert? Wait, isn't he the ert? He's the half- one here!

I heard laughing and I looked up and quickly looked away when I realized he was still shirtless. ''W-Why are you laughing?'' I asked, looking in another direction. 

''Oh, you sweet innocent . You should have seen your face when you saw my body. I've never had a reaction like that, it's gold,'' he laughed, still doubled over in laughter. 

''You're not decent, put on a shirt. Who walks around in in their home with guests?'' I made a face, covering my eyes as I saw him come closer to me. 

''I do, all the time. I'm not even completely , just shirtless. Man, you are the most innocent I have ever seen in my damned life. The bad guys out there can just swallow you up whole with your kind of personality,'' he chuckled. 

I pinked again when he called me a . Hmph, there's nothing wrong with it! I'm still one because I'm not married yet.

''I'm going back up,'' I huffed, walking to the stairs and then I felt his hands wrap around my waist. I gasped and released my hands from my eyes pushing his arms away. ''What are you doing?''

''Not only are you an innocent , but a stupid one a that. You were still covering your eyes and you were going to run into my wall. Maybe I should have let you,'' he rolled his eyes. 

''Do you need me to guide you upstairs?'' he batted his eyelids, holding out one hand for her to hold. I eyed his hand. I have to admit, I was too scared to touch him. It's not like if I touch him, he's going to burn me but I didn't want to take any chances. I still didn't know what he was capable of.

''I'm okay, I can excuse myself,'' I bowed, easing myself near the staircase and avoiding him. ''Did she just.. bow?'' he murmured, scratching his head. 

--

I quickly ran upstairs and back to the room, I opened the door slowly to see Tao still sleeping. After all that commotion downstairs, he should have woke by now. He's the most light sleeper I've ever seen yet he's still asleep.

I kneeled down by him and I touched his forehead, he felt warm but his breathing was heavy. What's wrong with Tao? 

''Tao? Wake up, please,'' I shook his arm lightly. He groaned when I touched his arm. He's still sore from yesterday, how come I just noticed? He probably held in the pain yesterday..

''It's okay, Tao. I'm here,'' I whispered, rubbing his arm softly, trying to heal or at least do something to help him. I have only learned to heal outter injuries, like bruises, cuts, and stuff like that. I haven't mastered internal healing yet so if he has any broken bones, that's going to be really hard for me since I don't know how yet.

I lifted his sleeve up and his bruise was gone, I'm really getting good at this. I was too afraid to lift up his shirt and I just tried to heal him through his thin shirt, hoping to get all the bruises. 

I laid my hand on his cheek and healed some cuts there too, I really had to close my eyes and concentrate. I hate to admit it but just doing these simple healing actually gets me really tired. 

''Please, Tao, feel better,'' I murmured. I tried to heal any other bruises or cuts he had without exposing his body too much, too much skin exposure and skinship is very rare in Crystal Scar which is why I was too keen on shirtless Byunghun and lifting Tao's shirt up.

Tao's breathing slowed down and his face wasn't contorted in pain anymore so I guess that means he's feeling better. His eyes snapped open and he woke up with a sudden jolt. He looked at me and looked down at his body, he stretched his arm and sat up straight.

''Good morning, Tao. Are you feeling fine now? You looked like you were in pai-'' 

''Thank you, I'm fine. Worry more about yourself,'' he turned his head to me, staring at me with a straight face. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I was right last night, Tao really has been bitter to me ever since we got here. 

''Tao, what's wrong? You have been acting very strange ever since we arrived at this place. Is something wrong? Are you bothered by me?'' I asked, feeling hurt as he kept staring at me with his straight face. 

''Nothing is wrong, I'm just doing my job as your warrior,'' he said, eyes with no emotion. ''Knock knock~ Hey, macho man, do you agree to do the job or what?'' Byunghun interrupted as he walked in the room. 

''Yes, I'll do it. Jieun's going to stay here with you and if you do anything to her, I'll have your head,'' Tao threatened. I turned to Tao, he's very harsh now too..

''Alright, I won't touch her. Man you have protective issues,'' Byunghun shook his head. 

''C'mon, right now is the best time to do this. I'm pretty sure the warehouse is empty. BAP usually leaves for motorcycle races around this time. This will be the easiest time for you,'' he explained, waving his hand over for Tao to follow him. 

Tao turned to me, ''Be careful. If anything happens, you know what to do, right?''

''Yes, I know. You be careful too, alright? I want my little panda back in one piece,'' I smiled reassuringly. He gave me a stiff nod.

--

Tao's Point of View

Byunghun gave me specific directions on where the warehouse is. ''You can't miss it, there's graffitti all over it and the word BAP on the door. All you have to do is sneak in and look for bags of dope. Bring back like five packs or however many you can carry,'' he explained.

''What's dope?'' I asked. He looked at me like I was a pregnant man with tentacles. ''You don't know what it is? It looks like old green leaves bundled together. Kind of like green ,'' he said. Now I was looking at him weirdly.

Leaves? I haven't seen leaves in a while. In Crystal Scar, our trees barely had leaves because of the constant snow. Are we even talking about the same thing? Why would he want me to steal plants? 

''Why are you looking at me like that? I'm going question your mental state if you tell me you don't know what leaves are,'' he crossed his arms, giving me a judging look.

''I know what they are,'' I walked past by him to the door. ''Wait a minute, here,'' he said. I turned around and he tossed me a weird thing. It was black and a bit heavy, it was a little bit bigger than my hand. What is this for?

''Use it if there's an emergency. Pull the safety, the top thing and then press the trigger to shoot. That's a dangerous thing, be careful on who and what you're aiming it at. Good luck and don't get your brains mashed in,'' he waved with a smile.

I stared at this weird object and kept it in my pocket, I don't think I'll need it. I don't even know how to use it.

I recalled the directions that Byunghun gave me and I tried to find my way there. Okay, a left here, shiny building, a park, then turn right into a forest till I see the warehouse.

While on my way there, I realized there were little to no people on the streets. If there was, it would be these bulky, dirty men with ink all of there bodies and they were blowing smoke out of their mouths, kind of like dragons.

I gingerly stepped over plants and branches that could make sound. I had to get through this thick forest to find the warehouse. I still can't believe I'm doing this for that Byunghun guy, I can barely trust him. I shook my head and tried to focus on what I'm doing.

I saw this silver color and I inched closer. It was the warehouse, just like Byunghun said, there was writing all over it and the word BAP on the door. I breathed in and looked around the warehouse, to check if there was anyone in it. 

After inspecting the area around and looking inside, I inched closer to the warehouse. How am I going to get in? My hand touched the metal door.

This door is really hard to break. I looked up and saw a patch of wood on the roof. Like they had a hole in their roof and just used wood to cover it up. I may not be able to get through this thick silver door but I can definitely get through that piece of wood. 

I stepped on some boxes and grabbed onto the edge of the roof, using my arms to pull myself up. I successfully climbed on to the top of the roof, happy that I'm not longer sore.

I kneeled next down on the roof and punched the wood, it was too easy. ''They need to get a new roof,'' I murmured. I easily fit myself through it and jumped down. I was on the second floor.

I searched for what Byunghun told me to and looked through cabinets and boxes. I couldn't find it. I went downstairs to search and suddenly the front door opened. I immediately jumped behind a bunch of boxes to hide. 

''I'm telling you, there's someone here, hyung. Don't you trust in my powers? I have heightened senses, I just heard someone move, he's in this room,'' a voice said. Dammit, with heightened senses, he can easily detect me. I tried not to breath as loud and calmed my heart beat down. I heard more feet shuffle in, I'm most likely outnumbered.

''Hyung, there's more than one person! Someone is out there too,'' the voice said again. Another person? I looked out the window and saw Jieun hiding behind a bush. My eyes widened.

What in the world is she doing there?!