Chapter 7: Cooking For My Wife

We Got Married! (HongKi and TaeYeon Ver.)

                                      

Taeyeon's Point Of View

 

I open my eyes to find myself inside of Lee Soo-Man's main office. Infront of me, Lee Soo-Man was reading some papers to himself. To my left, there was my manager, staring down at me with pity while to my right, there was hongki, smiling at me as he helf my hand tightly. There was my group of members behind me, staring at me with hatred as they muttered unrecognizable words, and a group of unknown faces outside the window, crying as they held our group picture up. Just what was happening? Why was I here?

I turn to look at my manager in search for an answer, but he only responds by staring down at something. I follow his gaze and my eyes land in my belly. My eyes widen when I realize that my once flat belly is now round as a ball. I turn to look at my manager confused, wondering what was the cause of this, and he only signals to the person that stands next to me. The boy that now smiles sweetly at me is the cause for all of this. 

 Suddenly, my alarm starts vibrating and takes me out of the fake reality in which I was trapped. Even though my eyelids were still closed, I knew I was awake because of the phone that was vibrating somewhere near me, giving my body a tickling feeling. I also knew I was awake because I could feel the hard place in which I was resting. Where did my pillow go? My alarm kept on vibrating next to me but I was sure it was coming to its end soon.

I opened my eyes slowly and realized I was ontop of Hongki's chest. I got off of him immediately with a fluttered heart. How the hell did I end up there?! Omo! Perhaps, what if he did something during the night despite the trust I gave him?! Wait, what if I was the one that did something to him in my sleep, while he had no choice but to bear with it?! That would be embarrassing!

I look at him as he sleeps peacefully, looking so innocent. Those long eyelashes now covering the dark circles underneath. Those pink lips now parted, as he breathed steadily. His hair now tousled. His face now looking so young and innocent. My heart starts racing and my cheeks start to burn. 

Calm down! You shouldn't fall for him, remember?! I scream inside of my brain, trying to beat some sense to my heart. Shaking my thoughts off, I decide to take a bath and get ready for my next schedule. I jump out of my bed and open the drawer carefully,taking out clean clothes to wear and heading out of the room and into the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, and getting dressed and ready, my manager honks and I start heading towards the door. Since Hongki was still asleep, I leave him a note on the table and go out the house.

When I arrive at our waiting room, all the girls are preparing for what is just another performance. As soon as I step inside, everyone turns to look at me, but before the questions emerge, the clothing coordinator comes in my rescue and saves me atleast for now. Without saying much, she hands me my costume and rushes me into the dressing room. As I dress myself up, I wonder what creepy questions the girls might come up with. Come'on, Taeyeon, it's not like they will ask something like 'Is your ity taken yet?! They wouldn't be capable to ask that, would they?!

When I walk out, there they are, staring at me, thirsty for answers. I sit down in an empty seat, and let the questions flow, as my stylist does my hair and puts make up on my face.  How does your newlywed house look?! How does it feel to be married?! Did he do anything to you while you were sleeping!? Is your ity taken yet?! Those were just some of the questions they made, but I was not planning to answer them without anything for exchange. There was a question I had to ask first. 

"I will answer all of your questions, but first, I have a question for all of you to answer.", I told them. They looked at me with curious eyes and nodded. "What are my sleeping habits?", I asked them and they just stared at me surprised. I had to know, before blaming him for our position this morning. The least thing I needed was to make a fool of myself again, so before asking him, I had to know more about myself, and to that, they knew me more than I did. I just prayed that this question didn't add more questions to the list. I wouldn't be able to explain what happened this morning to them, how would I tell them? Hey gurls, guess what?! I woke up ontop of him this morning! That would only make them misinterpret us. 

"You have a lot of them.", Tiffany stated as she giggled, and everyone nod in unision. 

"First of all, you talk while you sleep. It can be from repeating all of the multiplication tables or muttering your deepest secrets! Sometimes you even cry in your sleep!", Sunny says matter of factly, and I stare at her expressionless. Even though I knew that I talked in my sleep, I never looked at it as dangerous until now. What if I accidentally spoke out loud one of our secrets?! The camera would be able to record it and everyone would find out!

" Your breathing is really loud, but thankfully, not as loud as a snort! You also sleep with your mouth widely open and drool on your pillow! You should see your face while you sleep!", Jessica states as she imitates my sleeping gestures in a mockery base, causing our group to explode in laughter. What if he takes a picture of my face while I sleep and posts it on twitter?! That would be the end of my "Perfect Girl" image and the start of an image everyone would made fun of! It would be like showing a side of me that nobody knows yet! I don't want anyone to see it!

"Last but not least, you always use the person next to you as your pillow. When I shared the bed with you, you always threw a leg over my waist and an arm around my chest! At first, it was uncomfortable but as time passed I got used to it. Now that I share the bed with Jessice, I miss you!", Tiffany lets out a giggle, and I understand what really happened yesterday. It was me the one that got him into an awkward position. I can even picture how I threw myself over his , as he tried to get me off but without achieving it. Once again, i'm the idiot...

"Now it's Taeyeon's turn to answer our questions! Yay!", SooYoung cries in excitement and I sigh.

 

Hongki's Point Of View

 

I opened my eyes and moved them around, expecting to find Taeyeon by my side, but finding her side of the bed empty. I jumped out of the bed and ran out of the bedroom, looking for her like a crazy man. As if the fact that she was gone really mattered to me. As if not having her around was going to kill me. When I got to the living room, I saw something pink from the corner of my eye, and later realised that it was a note.  

I got a schedule to do today. I'll be back around 5pm^^ Without realizing it, I found myself letting out a heavy sigh and looking around the house, finding it bigger now that I was alone. I walked to the couch and lazily seated on it, as I tried to think about something that could keep me from getting bored. Today, it was schedule free, which meant that I didn't have anything to do but to stay in the house until she came back. In this kind of situations, I really wished to be busy since I hated not having anything to do. I looked over at the time, and thought of going back to sleep, but as I was heading to the bedroom, someone knocked on the door. I went to open it and found two cameraman standing outside the door. One of them handing me a white letter as he held the camera over his shoulder.

"Is this for me?", I asked the obvious, and he nod his head. I was sure that there was a mission card inside of the white letter, and that I would have to complete it on my own as the camera crew filmed me. I got the card and opened it to read it out loud. 

Prepare a delicious meal and surprise your wife! I felt how my jaw wanted to fall to the ground but I supressed it and faked a smile. Prepare a meal?! Not just a meal, but a delicious meal?! It's not that I had anything against cooking, it's just that cooking was not my fuerte, expecially not when dealing with delicious dishes. Surely anything prepared by my hands was destined to turn into a disaster. The fact that I burned my hand with the pan once was not helping either. 

"So, they are making me cook for her?", I asked to make sure, and they nod their heads. Well, poor of her. I sighed and turned around to head back to the couch. "What should I cook? I'm not good at cooking! Can I just buy something instead?", I asked, hoping for a yes,  but being answered with a big fat No. Great! Now what should I do? I thought about every dish I knew how to cook, but none of them were something special. None of them would surprise her. And I didn't know what she liked either, and I couldn't ask her because it was supposed to be a surprise. The only way to find information was online but there was no internet signal in this house. Just when I was going to decide on making an ugly tuna salad, my phone recieves a message. 

"So your wife is Taeyeon, huh?!", I open my phone to see Yonghwa's message. Wait, how does he know when our first episode haven't been broadcasted?! Ahh~ Probably Seohyun told him about it. Hold on! Maybe he can ask seohyun about Taeyeon's favorite food! Yess~ I started dancing in joy, as I wrote a message and ignored the presence of the cameramans who were watching me like if I was an ugly bug.

"Yah! Can you do me a favor?! It's urgent! Please ask your girlfriend about Taeyeon's favorite food! Its because my mission today is to cook a dish to surprise her, but I know nothing about her food tastes, so please help me!", My fingers typed desperately. 

"Alright! Give me a second!", His reply made me smile at the camera, showing confidence.

"Sundaeguk. Haejangguk. Hiyashi chuka. Those are the ones seohyun told me about, you choose which one is easier for you. Fighting!", After a few minutes, my phone made noise again and I read his reply.

"Thank you very much! I love you! <3", I reply and start heading to the kitchen.

Now what should I do?! I don't even know how to make any of those dishes! I remind myself as I walk from place to place in circles. "Sundaeguk. Haejangguk. Hiyashi chuka.", I murmur as I think of the little I know of each dish and try to choose which one is easier to make. Sundaeguk: There's no sundae so it's going to be impossible to make it. Haejangguk: I don't have all of the ingredients either. That leaves me with hiyashi chuka. Even though it's a japanese dish, I count with the help of my japanese friend Reiko san. I text her and she replies me with the whole recipe after some minutes. I follow every instruction and when everything is done, its already 4:49pm. 

Before serving everything, I decided to give it a taste and thanks god I did that since it tasted horrible. I felt like crying of embarrassment but with the camera filming every expression I made it was not possible.  How would I tell them that what I created tasted bad when everyone was expecting it to be good?! How would I make Taeyeon eat this without puking it?! I was regretting not choosing the tuna salad instead of this mess. 

What do I do?! I don't want her to taste this! But how can I tell the audience that what I created tastes bad?! They probably think it tastes good! I really don't know what to do but there's no time to think about it either.  I have to get rid of it before she comes. 

"I think I will make tuna salad as a side dish too!", I smile showing confidence in myself. I hope i'm not looking suspiscious, since hiyashi chuka and salad are the weirdest combination. Just when my tuna salad is done, the door is opened and she walks in, making the camera turn to her. I know that this is my only chance to get rid of Mr. Hiyashi chuka forever. While nobody records me, I walk slowly to where the hiyashi chuka is, and throw it into the floor, startling everyone. Taeyeon runs to my side with a concerned look on her face. 

"Noooooo~ The plate fell and now you won't be able to eat it! My work was useless", I fall to the floor dramatically and start to gather every piece of the broken glass with my bare hands, trying to look as innocent as possible. Taeyeon falls next to me and snatches my hand from the glass. 

"Yah! If you use your bare hands, you are going to get cut!", she helps me up and gives me the broom and the dustpan. "Here! Use this instead!"

"I'm sorry. I tried to prepare something that you would like but it was a mess, I'm really sorry..", I feel how my eyes start getting watery because of the humilation as I gather everything in the dustpan, with my sigh on the floor beneath me. 

"It's okay! What was that that you prepared for me?", She says, unconscious that I'm about to cry. "Hiyashi chuka and tuna salad,  but the hiyashi chuka is now on the floor." 

"But the tuna salad is still alive, isn't it?", she points at the big saucepan of tuna salad and I nod lightly. "Great! How did you know that I was feeling like eating something fresh!"

"Eh?! Really?!", I ask as a smile forms in my mouth and I start laughing with relief. 

"Yeah! Now, can you please serve me?!", she said and started heading to the sofa, as I nod and went to serve salad into two plates.

"Let's see how it tastes!", Taeyeon said and I started to worry again. How does it taste!? I didn't even tasted it before giving it to her?! What if it turns out like hiyashi chuka?! Or even worse?! I'm going to be doomed if it's bad! What do I do?! What do I do?! I stared at her as I waited for her expression to change.

"Yum! It's really good!", she smiled as she ate another spun full of salad. I just sighed with relief again.

 

Taeyeon's Point Of View

 

Even though I've never been into salads that much, the miserable expression makes me feel bad for him and accept it right away. Honestly, I was feeling so lucky to be eating something that he did his best to prepare and that many other girls would be dying to eat. So even if it tasted bad, I would stille at it with a smile plastered on my face. After we were done eating and coversing, the camera crew left, leaving both of us alone again. It was barely 6:36pm, so there was too much time left before bedtime. 

"So, what should we do?", he asks and I just stay quiet, thinking about something to do. "Should we watch a movie?", I suggest and he nods instantly.

"I know what! Let's go to the theater!", he jumps off of the sofa, and I shook my head, "No. It's too dangerous for us! It's better for one of us to go buy a movie to watch and comeback silently."

"Aigoo~ You're too boring! Who should be the one to go then?", he asks

"The one with less popularity. Who's the less popular?", I ask and he glares at me, quickly complaining, "Aishh~ why does it have to be me?!" 

"Im too tired. You go while I wait here~", I say as I lean into the couch.

"No! You're coming with me even if I have to drag you!", he grabs my hand and drags me outside, where we get to see the empty parking. "What?! I forgot that we have no car!", Hongki cries depressed.

"Let's just stay home!", I suggest and he sighs and agreeds. We turn around and seat on the couch again. "What do we do now?" he asks, and I grab the remote and put the music channel, "Let's just watch music videos on Tv?"

The first video that comes into tv us "sherlock" from our brotherband, SHINee. I watch them as their handsome faces appear on Tv. All of SNSD are big fan of them and support them a lot. Honestly, I wouldnt mind being paired with one of them in We got married. I know them too well already, and I feel like it wouldn't be awkward. Even though Hongki is really nice, there's always this moment where the awkwardness gets to us. Maybe because we are closer to SHINee than to FTIsland. Probably because we are from the same company.

"I'm so curious yeah~!", Hongki suddenly bursts out singing and jumps out of the sofa, dancing to the song. I start laughing out loud and follow after him. After ten minutes, we are already dancing to every video that comes into the screen. He at dancing so much that every move he made got me laughing. For the first time, it feels like he is the person I would want to marry. Someone that makes me laugh with everything he does. But then I remember that everything it's fake and going to end anyways. I hope that atleast we can become good friends after it ends. Once I was feeling drowsy, I decided to go to bed and he decided to do the same.

There we were, on the silence of our room, next to each other on our bed. "I'm sorry for becoming a burden yesterday during the night", I say randomly. 

"Do you mean using me as a pillow?", He asks, and I reply, "Yeah.. I won't do that again. I promise."

"Its okay. I was the one that told you to look at me as your human pillow, didn't I?, he smiles at me and I shook my head, "But it isn't right! It will only make you uncomfortable!"

"How about if I make you feel uncomfortable tonight in return then?!", he says in a playful tone, and I start to worry about what he meant. "What do you mean?", I ask and he does exactly what I did to him last night. Placing an arm around my chest, and his leg over my waist. They are so heavy that it becomes hard to breath.

"Yah! You're too heavy!", I say as I try to get him off of me. "You were way too heavy too.", he says as he only hugs me tighter. My heart races and I start to fear that I won't be able to fall asleep if he doesn't let go.

"Alright! I'm sorry, I apologize again. Now can you please let me go?!

"Okay, I will! Just let me stay like this a little longer.", he says and the silence comes back again making this moment more awkward than it was I wonder if he can feel my heart beating against my chest. All I know right now, is my turn to be his pillow, and that I've never felt this happy before..
------------------------------------------------

 

IM BACK PPL! SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO POST THIS CHAPTER BUT I WAS BUSY UPDATING MY OTHER FANFIC SO YEAH. BUT IMMA START POSTING THE REST NOW KEKE ANYWAYS THAT;S ALL I GOT TO SAY