Chapter 10: Midnight Errand

We Got Married! (HongKi and TaeYeon Ver.)

Taeyeon's Point Of View

 

Unlike the dream that has been repeating itself for the past nights, tonight I open my eyes (inside of my dream) to find myself in a huge field of sunflowers. The sun shines brightly from above me, and the fresh breeze caresses my skin sofly, making me feel like in paradise infront of such a view. Where is this beautiful place? 

Suddenly, a young voice calls from a place near, and even though it's not calling my name, something inside of me makes me turn around to search for the owner. I look around the enormous field, trying to look for who ever the voice belongs to, and even though its a little hard to see, I can see a little kid making her way through the flowers. By her small size, that is barely seen under the flowers, I can tell she must not be older than five years old. Once she is standing infront of me, she smiles brightly and runs into my arms.

"Umma! We have been looking for you! We thought you got lost!", she cries as she hugs me tightly. "I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I'm not your mother.", I bluntly say as I untie her arms from my waist. "Yah! Don't joke around! Let's go, appa is waiting for us!", she grabs my hand and drags me out of this beautiful garden. Strangely, something keeps me from resisting myself and I end up letting her guide me through the field. Afterall, I know that this must be another dream of mines. Everything is too beautiful to be part of my life.

After a long walk, a male figure finally appears infront of us. "Appa! Look! I found umma!", the little girl lets go of my hand to run next to the male figure whose face is blurry because of the sunlight. "You did a good job!", He speaks as he ruffles the little girls hair. Who is this guy?

Suddenly, I feel something wet running down my crotch area and open my eyes alarmed. I look around the room and find everything dark. I grab my phone to find the time, and find a ''3:39am" facing me. So it was a dream. Aishh, why did I wake up just before the best part! Lets go back to sleep! I lay down on Hongki's chest and close my eyes, trying to fall back asleep but before I can fall unconscious, the wet feeling runs down my legs again.

"Oh my god! There's an insect running down my legs!", I whisper a scream as I look down my blanket using the light that my phone gives me. Even though its barely visible, my eyes widen at what they see and my cheeks blush of embarrassment. Oh no! This can't be happening to me! It was supposed to come next week! Why did it had to come right now?! What do I do now?! 

Slowly, I start to untie my bloody leg from Hongki's waist and find a mess on Hongki's pants. Oh ! Why is this happening?! Why is this happening to me?! What do I do now?! God, please let this be a nightmare! This has to be a nightmare and I have to wake up right now! I pinch myself only to find that this nightmare is actually reality: My period is on Hongki's pants. 

Oh god! What do I do now?! He isn't supposed to see this! Hold on, aren't we on live right now?! Many people can be watching us right now, right? Oh my god! I'm so ing done with my life. Why is this happening to me? What wrong have I done? Why?! Without realizing it, I start crying. 

No, don't cry! You can actually solve this problem! All you have to do is remove his pants and burn them (hide them). Then, when he wakes up, I'll just tell him he woke up and took them off himself. He must be wearing boxers underneath, and even if he isn't, there's not much to see anyways. Also, it's dark in here, nobody will know about this until tomorrow, right? I think to myself and start ping his pants silently. ping his pants went without a problem, the hard part now was pulling them down without waking him up. I gulp and think of giving up, but after grabbing some courage I go back to my plan.

Slowly as possible, I start to pull them down gently. At first everything was okay, until he started to open his eyes. I stay frozen in my place, praying that he would go back to sleep, but he didn't. Instead he stared down at me speechless, and I stared back at him with blushed cheeks that were hiden within the darkness.

"Yah! What the heck are you doing?!", he screams as he pulls his pants and gets off of our bed to turn the lights on. "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I was just trying to get your pants off of you before you could see that.", I say as I cover my face with a hand and point at his stained pants with the other. He looks down at his pants and his panics when he sees the blood in them. "Ahhh! I'm bleeding!", he freaks out and removes his pants immediately to look for some sort of wound.

"Don't worry! That blood is not yours... but mine...", I say and cover my face with my hands, hiding my embarrassment within them. "Yours?! Are you hurt anywhere?!", he jumps into the bed and starts to look for a wound but I cover my crotch area with the blanket just in time. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?", He stares at me concerned as I stare at him with tears threatening to fall. 

"I'm sorry! I stained you with my period during the night! I didn't mean to! Please forgive me!", I crie out my confession and cover my blushed face with my palms. After a few seconds of silence, I look through an opening of my fingers and see him staring at me with an open mouth. "So... you are telling me this blood is your period blood?!", he looks at me confused and makes a disgusted face when I nod. "I think Im going to puke.", he gets off of bed and runs out of the room, leaving me crying on the bed. Im so ing done with my life.

"Did you really trust that?", after a couple of seconds, he enters the room laughing, "Just so you know, Im not disgusted. Who knows? There must be way too many fanboys that are probably dying to be in my place right now." Wait, what? He is not disgusted? Dude, I don't know if this should creep me or impress me.

"Either way, I think you should change before you start to stain our blanket. Did you bring pads? How long it lasts anyways?", he asks as he starts to look on the wardrobe for another pair of pants.

"Hmm, I did bring some. And it normally lasts 3 to 5 days.", I say as he grabs another pair and starts to put them on without shame. The awkwardness and embarrassment I was feeling minutes ago now gone and replaced by ease. 

"Oh damn. Good thing I was born a guy.", he says as he pulls up his zipper. "You lucky bastard.", I murmur as I grab a pad and a new pair of pants and start walking to the restroom to change. What the did just happen?! He didnt give a about my period blood! He even changed infront of me! He is weird. But somehow, the sense of comfort he gives me, I really like it. Isnt this how a married couple should act in situations like this? When I take off my stained clothes, I decide to use the toilet before putting the clean ones on. But as soon as I seat on the toilet, I feel terribly dizzy. My body starts trembling and I feel like throwing up. Cramps take over me, and cold sweat is runs down my forehead making everything more painful.

"! I forgot my pain killers at the dorm! I cant have my period without them! Im going to die of pain!", I start screaming inside of the restroom. Hongki knocks on the door instantly, asking if everything is alright, and I lied and said that everything was alright when it wasnt. No, it totally wasnt. 

After some minutes, I get out of the restroom with cold sweat running down of my forehead and look at him."I have a huge favor to ask you. I forgot my pain killers and I need you to get me some at the pharmacy. Without them, I'm going to die with menstrual cramps! Please get them for me!", I fall to the floor dramatically. It wasn't an act, I really felt like fainting. He looks at me with concern and sighs.

"Alright! I'll call my manager and ask him to take me to the pharmacy. But when I return, i'm going to make you pay for it!", he says in a joking manner, before grabbing his phone and asking, "Anyways, what is the name of the pills you need?"

"Naproxen.", I say as I try to bring myself up without falling down again. After noticing my struggle, he helps me up and seats me in the bed. "Geez. How do you even dance when you're in your period?", he asks as he calls his manager. After 7 rings, his manager finally answers. 

"Yah! Why are you calling me at freaking 4 in the morning, you bastard?!", his manager's angry voice screams through the speaker.

"I'm sorry but I need your help urgently! Come to pick me up right now! I need you to take me to the pharmacy! If you don't, I'm going to quit!", Hongki threatens his manager before he can refuse. "Aishh, seriously?! Alright! I'll be there in 15 minutes!"

 

Hongki's Point Of View

 

After waiting for 15 minutes, my manager finally honks and I know that if I don't get outside fast enough, he will use that as an excuse to leave me. I say goodbye to Taeyeon and run outside. The sky still is dark, and the weather is cold. It doesnt surprise me since we are in the last days of January.

"Aigoo. You could be sleeping right now, but you decided to go to the pharmacy to get that kid a medicine?!"

"I told her that I would do anything for her, so I guess this is my way of doing as I said.", I say as I rest my head against the window and stare at the passing scenery outside. 

"You would do anything for her?! You're such a liar! I bet you havent given up on Min yet, and here you're saying you would do anything for Taeyeon! You know, you shouldnt say things youre not supposed to. You are only raising her hopes."

"You're right.. Even if I gave up on Min, Taeyeon and I wouldn't be able to be together anyways. She's like a princess waiting for the prince to rescue her from the ugly dragon that keeps her closed in a tower and that prince isn't me.", I sigh, creating foam on the window.

"Are you sure theres nothing you can do? Maybe you can win against her company, dont you want to atleast try?"

"No. I'm going to start over with Min as soon as WGM ends. Taeyeon doesnt like me back anyways.", I say as I try not to let my emotional side get to me. The streets are empty at this time, most people are probably still in their beds. Its actually good that theres nobody, that way I wont have to deal with the stares. Once we park on the first pharmacy, I open the door of the car to run inside. 

I walk inside and go to the cashier to ask her for the pain killers. After looking at me shocked, she points at the second bar. I run to the second bar and start to search for the medicine, but theres too many, that before realizing it im already desperate. I have never been good at looking for things, and less at keeping up until I find them. But this time, I had to find them. "Gosh! There's too many of them! Which one is Naproxen?!", I scream out my thoughts, hoping that the cashier might come and help me. 

"Hongki oppa? Is that you?", I hear the same voice that some hours ago was asking me to return to her. I turn around and find her standing there. Looking beautiful by only wearing casual clothing. "Min? What are you doing here at this time?", I ask her and before I know it, she's already tied to my waist.

"I wasn't feeling well so I decided to come and get me some pain killers. What about you? what is oppa doing here?", She asks as she lets go of me and looks at me with those eyes that used to make my heart flutter.

"Taeyeon wasnt feeling well so I decided to come and get her some pain killers.", I say as I return to what I was doing: searching for Taeyeon's medicine. "So now you even do that for her? It really looks like if you were her husband.", she starts to complain as she pouts.

"It's not that. Anyways,now that you're here, can you please help me to find a medicine called "naproxen"?", I ask as I look around. "Here! Take it! It was the last one available.", she says as she hands me one of the few medicines she had in her basket.

"Thank you so much! Now I have to go, goodbye!", I say as I turn around to leave for the cashier but before I can take a step forward she grabs my hand and stops me. "Arent you giving me anything in return?", she says with a pout.

"Oh! That reminds me, I found this bracelet outside of my waiting room, is it yours?", I ask her as I untie her hand from mine and get out the bracelet from my jacket. She looks at it closely and carefully, but then ends up by shaking her head. "Aniyo. It isnt mine. Who could be the owner?" If its not hers, then could it belong to? If I remember correctly, she was the only girl that came to our waiting room after our performance was over. Before the performance, there wasnt anything there. Who could it belong to? If it belongs to some paparazzi, Im so ing done with life.

"Oppa, should we go drinking right now?", she offers but I decline right away. I can't do this to Taeyeon. The longer it takes me to get her the medicine the longer she will hurt!

"I'm sorry but I really need to get her this. Maybe next time!", I say and leave before she can throw another tantrum. I pay the cashier and leave in a hurry.

 

 

When I enter the house, I find Taeyeon lying unconscious in the sofa. "Poor of her.. She must have felt too dizzy to handle it.", I walk to her silently, leaving the medicines in the table before reaching her. "Taetae, I brought the medicines, wake up and drink them so you feel better.", she opens her eyes slowly and I know that she must be feeling too weak to do it by herself.

"Hold on! I'll get you a glass of water!", I run to the kitchen and fill a glass with water before returning to her side. I grab the bag of pills and open them, reading the instructions before taking a pair and seating next to her. "Here! Open your mouth!", I say and she follows my command and opens . I place a pill inside of and make her drink water, before putting another one inside and making her drink the rest of the water.

"Now let me take you to our bed, okay?", I say and start to carry her body in my arms. She isnt as light as I thought she would be, or maybe im the one that is not as strong as I thought I was? "You're heavier than I thought.", I joke and she frowns in a playful way. 

Oh my god. We are so close that I can even see her tiny pores! Like if she was really my wife, it feels so intimate!. The feeling I get by looking at her from this angle,is so beautiful I wish I could freeze time and prevent this from turning into a fleeting moment.. I wonder if she is feeling the same way right now.

When I finally get us into our room, I put her down on the bed slowly and cover her with the blanket. "For everything you have done for me, thank you so much.", she says shyly. "No worries.", I say as I take my jacket off and hang it by the door, turning the lights off on my way. 

"Its barely 5am, we still have 2 more hours to sleep.", I say as I get into the bed with her, covering myself with the blanket. "Oppa, what should we do about my sleeping habit? What if I stain you again?", she says randomly. 

"Hmm, I think I got an idea. Turn around.", I order and she obbeys giving me her back. I get courage and give her a backhug. As soon as my body makes contact with hers, I feel this tingling feeling run through my whole body. So electrifying. She stays frozen and even though she is speechless I know that she is uncomfortable and that I should break the ice. "And this is my way of making you pay for making me go to the pharmacy in the middle of the midnight."

"Arent you uncomfortable at all? You know, after everything that happened today.", she asks.

"Not really. I think that this is what a real husband should be to the wife, even in this kind of days. So im just acting like the husband I want to be when I really marry. Also, even though theres nothing between us, it feels like if we were really married. I think that even if we came to have , it would be comfortable.", I say bluntly and regret right afterwards. What did I just say?! 

"?! Between you and me?! Comfortable?! Hell no! We are not having !", she says as she tries to get herself out of my embrace. I hug her tighter to me, so she doesnt win the fight. "Sorry! I didnt mean to say that! I just said what I thought!", I say in an attempt to calm her. "So does that mean you think about with me?!", she panics even more. "Noooo! What I wanted to say is that I feel really comfortable around you!", I say and she finally stops fighting against me. "Well,what a way to express yourself."

"Did you really thought I would have with you?", I ask as I fake a laugh. "I dont know. I mean, im a woman and youre a man. A weird man. Why wouldnt you?", I say and I answer honestly. "Honestly, I would do it.", I say and she chokes on her saliva. 

"Anyways, goodnight!", I kiss her goodnight and close my eyes, pretending im asleep. The room is filled with silence after that, and after 10 minutes I can hear her snoring. Damn, and then she calls me weird. How can she possibly fall asleep that easily after what happened. Why am I always the one that cant sleep?!