Chapter 2: Getting Ready For Our First Encounter

We Got Married! (HongKi and TaeYeon Ver.)

                                    

 

Taeyeon's Point Of View

 

 

I opened my eyes when I felt the sunlight that was radiating from the window hit my face and turned to look at the clock. It was 10:00 am and we weren't awake yet, which meant that today, was one of those days that we rarely have, a free day. Silently, I stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to do what I normally would do every morning. 

After using the toilet and brushing my teeth to get rid of my morning breath, I walked outside and went into my room again. Seohyun's bed was already made up, which let me to think she was already eating breakfast. I grabbed my cellphone from my bed, and headed to the kitchen to meet with Seohyun.

When I entered I found Seohyun on the table, holding a book with one hand, while a glass of milk with the other. "Good morning!", I said cheerfully.

"Good morning, how are you doing?", She asked as she stood up from her seat, and walked over the cupboard to grab another glass for me, pouring some milk in it too. "I'm great, I guess..", I said as I accepted the glass of milk from her.

"So, what is your decision?", she asked me, staring at me with curious eyes. "After thinking about it, maybe you are right! This a good opportunity to have fun! I'm going to accept it.", I explain before drinking the whole cup of milk at once. 

"Then, you should call manager and tell him your decision before he contacts the company!", she said with an encouraging smile, and I grabbed my phone to dial his number. After a few rings, he picked up the phone and I felt as my heart started racing.

"Manager?", I asked once he picked up, and he just responded with a mere, "Hmm?"

"You see, I thought about the offer you made yesterday, and I changed my mind. I want to do it!", I said with confidence, even when I was dying from insecurities in the inside.

"Really?! Are you sure that's what you want?!", He asked surprised by my sudden willing.

"Yeah! It will be fun!", I said excitedly. No! It won't be fun! 

"Great! Well, then hurry up and make yourself ready! I'll come pick you up at 8:00pm!", he said and hung up the phone right away. "Wait, what?! Today?!", I asked but didn't recieve an answer since he was not on the other line anymore. I never thought the first recording was going to be today! I had to make myself look as good as possible, since I was going to be shown on Tv! 

"Go and change!", I heard seohyun say, and with an excited heart I left the kitchen. After dressing up on some comfortable clothes, I hurried to grab yoona's keys, and left the house. I had to get to the hair salon quickly!

After a 10 minute drive, I stopped infront of the hair salon we usually went to. This was a private hair salon, in where only celebrities could be admitted.  I got off of the car and entered the salon, being greeted by emptiness.

A sign caught my sight, and informed me that they didn't open till 12;00am. I sighed and took a seat, getting my phone out, and putting a game on. Normally, I was not good at waiting, but when I had a game with me, I could easily wait for 30 minutes. 

After some minutes, another customer entered the salon, greeting me shyly when he noticed me. "Are they still closed?", he asked me and I nod my head in response. He seated a few chairs away from mine, and took out his phone to make a call. Secretly, I stole some glanzes at him as he talked through his phone.

Where have I seen this guy before? I thought to myself as I tried to recognize his identity. Ah! He is the main vocalist from FT Island, Lee Hongki! But what is he doing here by himself?

"Why didn't you tell me they opened at 12?! You know how much I hate waiting! If only you had told me their opening hours, I wouldn't have to wait!", He complained to the other line, ignoring that I was present. "Yeah, but I never thought that our first meeting was going to be this soon!", he just kept talking, giving me glanzes once in a while, as I tried my best to ignore him and keep playing my game.

After a while, he finally hang up, looking at the clock to check up the time then looking back at me, keeping his sight placed on me for a few minutes. "Excuse me?", I finally heard him speak, and I turned to look at him, before he started speaking again, "Why are you alone and not with the rest of your group?"

"Oh, it's because I came to get my hair done for a variety show I'll be doing individually.", I respond him and he nods his head in understanding. "Me too.", he says, and I smile at him.  After that, we both decide to stay in silence until they come to attend us. I choose to get some pink highlights on my blonde hair, and he gets a permanent. They do our makeup, and when we are finally done, it's already 5 pm. We say goodbye to each other, and part to our own ways.

 

I look at our clock and it's hands point 7:54pm. Our manager will come to pick me up at any time now! As time pass, I feel myself getting more anxious without a reason. Perhaps deep inside, I'm still hoping to meet to meet that someone with whom I can expect to spend my future tonight, even though I know the chances are really small.

A minute pass, and I begin to tap on the floor desperately and against my own will. Another one pass, and my heart begins to race uncontrollably, making it hard to breath. Just a minute from the agreed time, and I'm already out of breath. I look at my surroundings and recall the presences of my bandmates, who right now, are giving me concerned stares. "Why are you staring at me?", I ask them in a defensive manner, and they look away from me to look at the tv. I feel a dry throat and decide to drink some water, but before I can stand up, seohyun appears by my side and hands me a glass of cold water.

"I thought you would be in need of water after your panic scene. Drink it slowly if you don't want an irritated throat.", I give her a thankful look, and she smiles at me warmly.

Just when I was done drinking, I hear a car's honks and stand up to run to the front door. I wave goodbye to my members, and listen to Seohyun's voice wishing me luck. Luck? That's not what I need right now. What I need right now are some calmatives. It feels like if I'm going to get a heart attack.

I run at full of speed throught the garden, and hop into our manager's car. "Are you that excited?", The manager says in a sarcastic tone. I look at him, giving him a look of disdain, before rolling my eyes at him. I know that I'm being too rude to him, but I need someone to throw my tantrums at, and he is the only one that bears with that.

"Alright! The meeting point will be at an italian restaurant. He will be in one of the tables, waiting for you, you just have to look for him.", he starts to explain as he starts the engine and starts driving away from the dorm, and I listen carefully, deciding to ask to clarify my doubts once he stops. 

"How will I find him? You know, I'm not familiar with male idols that aren't from our company."

"Don't worry. He will be holding a bouquet of red roses, meanwhile you will be carrying one with white ones.", He answers and I look around for said bouquet and find it in the back seat. My eyes sparkle at its beauty. I picture our fandom squaling of excitement while watching such an emotional scene, and think about how romantic it would be if everything was because of love and not because of some variety show. I look back at the road infront of me and sigh, letting the silence of the atmosphere soothe my heart.

"Oh! I forgot to talk about you something else!", My manager stops before finishing, making a pregnant pause that alarms me. I look at him suspiciously, and he looks away, and speaks, "You will have to live with him until the program ends."

"Oh. I already know that. They will make us pretend to live together while filming, but we will return to our dorms afterwards. Don't worry, I can do that." , I say confidently, but he just looks at me speechless.

"Am I correct?", I ask, waiting for him to say I'm correct, but he just looks at me, which scares me.

"Am I correct?!", I ask him in an alarmed voice.

"There has been a small change in the program. I think they want to make everything look more real, so now you will have to live with him 24/7 and above all, share the same bedroom with him.", He says everything so fast, that it takes me some time to break everything down in pieces before coming to understand it. After a minute of silence, I open my mouth to talk in a loud volume.

"I'm not doint this! Take me back home!", I scream at him, but feeling my mouth falling down, when I see that the road that a minute ago was infront of me has been replaced by a building.

"Too late! You can't reject the offer once you have accepted it. They are waiting for you, get off of the car NOW!", he orders me but I refuse to move my body out of here.

"No. I'm not doing it! Aren't you worried of what 'he' can do to me at night?!", I say, as I look at him with a puppy face, making feel guilty for a few seconds, before he returns to his usual character.

"He won't touch you, trust me! There will be a camera filming you all day long, and everything will be broadcasted into a channel that only the people that pay will watch. Everything he will do can either benefit him or affect him. I'm sure he won't dare to do anything bad to you, I promise.", He says as he holds my shoulders, and I examine his sincerity, trying to make the best decision.Deep inside, I know my manager is saying the truth. If my partner dares to do anything to me, there will be proof to destroy his reputation. But, If I'm the one that does anything to him, mine will also be destroyed.

I have two options: Option number 1: Get off of this car and take the risk in this game. Option number 2: Be a coward and run away. However, considering that I've already come this far, and that I can't go back now that they are waiting for me, I will have to take the risk.

I glare at him one last time, and get off of the car, closing the door behind of me. Slowly, I start walking towards the main entrance, taking a deep breath once I'm infront of the door. I reconsider the idea of forcing my manager to take me back to our dorm, but when I turn back to where the car was parked it's not longer there. I take another deep breath and open the door to walk inside. 

There's no turning back now..

 

Hongki's Point Of View

 

I look down at my watch, and realize that it's already 8:48pm. She's already 48 minutes late, and the staff is already making their calls. Did she decided to quit when they told her about the new change the program has made?  If she did, that's going to be a problem. I try not to worry about it, and turn to look at my faded reflection in the windown, and comb my bangs with my fingers. 

"Maybe she is so nervous that she decided to take a moment to calm herself, keke.", I turn to the camera, and talk to it for when this episode broadcasts. My phone vibrates inside my pocket, and I take it out to answer the message, seeing Yonghwa's name on the lock screen. 

"It's yonghwa. He wants to know if she's here already.", I talk to the camera as I respond to the message. Once I send the message, I yawn and between the blink of an eye, she walks into the restaurant. I recognize her right away, not because of something she's carrying, but because of the way she shines as she walks. She is not wearing anything too extravagant, but still manages to grab the attention of everybody right away. I watch her walk towards me, as her golden hair flows with her pace.

The closest she gets to me, the more scared my heart feels...

She is perfect and I'm not sure if I will be able to keep myself from falling..

She is someone that can't be with me..

She is a So Nyu Shi Dae..