Hideous Flirt

The Honor Society - HIATUS

 

NARRATOR

 

Luhan sighed.  He was frustrated as hell. Actually, everybody already was and Luhan was the only one who had the guts to speak up.

“You can’t keep ignoring each other, you guys. Throwing those sharp dagger-like stares at each other won’t solve the problem. There is even no problem!”

Suho uneasily shifted his weight to his other foot. The ten boys were inside the Honor Society’s club meeting room. Chanyeol and Kai were out to buy some drinks, and that made the room a bit quieter than the usual. Just a bit.

“You know if Luhan Hyung continues to nag like that one of them is going to throw a notebook at him. Or even a knife. Or a bomb. Or a missile, god.” Tao whispered at the blonde leader, who pressed his lips in response.

The two people Luhan were practically yelling at, Kris and Hyemi, remained unfazed in their own worlds.

Luhan finally gave up and pulled Hyemi up from her chair.

She tried to protest but she thought, Luhan Gege is dear to me I don’t want to break his legs.

He pushed her towards Kris who rolled his eyes in response.

“What do you want me to do? Hug him?” She snapped.

Kris smirked and stood up, dusting lint of his coat. “You can hug me if you want to, but I can’t guarantee your heart. You might fall so hard for me.”

“ you.”

“Where?”

Hyemi’s eyes widened, along with other snickers coming from the boys. “You are just plain disgusting.”

“And you are just plain. Not pretty, just plainly plain.”

“You-“

“Stop! If you can’t stay in one room, why won’t one just leave? My ears hurt! I’m a young boy, please think about my future after experiencing all these!”

Silence followed. Sehun owned it. After all, he was right.

 

 

Everybody in the school was busy for the upcoming club outdoor trip. It was noisier than usual tht it almost felt like the students were actually excited. Pre-trip activities and preparations were here and there, so class schedules were a little disturbed.

Hyemi grunted as she walked out of another empty class. She didn’t even get why people were ditching their classes for some lame trip preparations.

“Did it hurt?”

She looked at Kai who just popped out of nowhere and walked by her side.

“When I fell from heaven? No it didn’t, but it will hurt for you if you speak another word to me.”

“…WORD!” He moved a meter away, blocking his face with his arms in a defensive stance. She stopped walking and looked at him, one brow raised. “I don’t know if that’s just stupid, or are you drunk?” But well, she chuckled. He was kind of cute. No he wasn’t.

Kai exhaled and smiled.

“I’d like to ask you to come with me for some ice cream, but I figured you’re the triple patty cheeseburger type of girl.”

She narrowed her eyes and looked at him. He was a tiny bit nervous she’d get offended, but she was greeted by an almost adorable chuckle. “I can’t say you’re wrong. Your treat, loser.”

 

 

“You know, I think I like her.”

“Who? Kim Sena, the girl from your Health Sciences class? She’s hot.” Baekhyun chewed on his red bean bun, looking round the busy cafeteria. Lay shook his head, eyes glued at his busy fingers. “No.”

“Park Inhee? I know right. Her body screams .”

Lay looked up, his lip twitching at his friend. “Are you ?”

“Now? No.” Baekhyun shrugged.

Lay shook his head yet again and sighed. “I mean Hyemi. Jung Hyemi.”

Baekhyun stopped eating and raised a brow. “Are you for real?”

“Yeah,” Lay shrugged. “I mean, she’s different. She has this... charm, and I’m curious about her.”

Baekhyun clucked his tongue. “You know, you better draw a fine line between curiosity and infatuation.”

“I’m serious. I’m not just… curious. I’m… rather...”

“Amused?”

“Yeah, Amused. And interested, and pulled.”

“That is just plain weird. Of all the girls, you want the black sheep?”

Lay narrowed his eyes at his friend. “You’re sick.”

“No, you are.”

 

 

Kai placed the styro plates on the table and smirked. “I got you the largest size.”

She looked at the big plate, then him. “Why?”

“I don’t know,” He shrugged. “It felt right.” He pressed his lips into a thin smile, eyeing her body meaningfully.

Hyemi rolled her eyes. “You bastard.”

“Hmm-hmm. This bastard just bought you a triple patty cheese burger.” He stuck his tongue out, as she scrunched her nose. He was just too… childish for her liking.

It was silent for a few minutes as the two indulged in their cups, but Kai felt the urge to speak up just to feed his lingering curiosity.

“Are you a ?”

She remained unfazed. “What do you think?”

He smiled and his chin playfully. “I think you’re not.”

“Wouldn’t you know? Guys have the ability to tell, right?” She replied, not even looking up from her cup. Kai shrugged, biting his lip. “Usually, I don’t need to try. When a girl throws herself at me, I immediately know.”

“Well I haven’t thrown myself at you so you would have to try to guess if I am.” She finally looked up, some mustard on her upper lip.

He had to admit, she looked… nah. “Can you just throw yourself at me, then I don’t have to guess?”

“Not in a million years, baby.” She chuckled, rolling her eyes. Kai frowned. “Am I too y for your liking?”

“Too disgusting. And if Gremlin Oppa is hearing you right now, you’d already be dead. Why are you asking, anyway?”

“You know I know you are, you seem too innocent. And I was just making small talk so I could proceed to what I really want to ask.”

She was about to reply when he cut her off. “Are you dating Luhan hyung?”

“Nope.” She replied, too quick for his liking. He was expecting her to look surprises, bite her lip, and panic inwardly. But she was calm as hell he hated it.

He cleared his throat. “Just friends?”

“He’s like my brother.”

“Ouch that must hurt for him. Brotherzoned. Don’t worry I won’t tell him.”

“He knows. We’re completely platonic. Except when I was a kid I had a huge crush on him.”

“Then why don’t you give it a try?”

“Because… I realized he’s too brotherly for my liking.”

He smiled. “Then you like someone who’s a manly man for you?”

“I don’t know. Can we talk about other things? This topic makes me cringe.”

“Fine. Let’s talk about us.”

“Kai, stop.”

“I like it when you call me Kai, Hyemi.”

“Stop.”

“You know, it sound so y and a—“

 

“Ow, ow. Okay I’ll stop!”

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

I don't even know what to say. 

.... I'm alive?