Shattered Memories

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

I tried to find the best ost possible for this chapter.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGITM1V_Z44

PS: I would still love to hear you thoughts for this chapter! 

**********

Everything she was telling me feel so surreal; I knew things were different now.

 

I hadn't realized how much time had passed since then, but I knew everything had already changed. Five years ago she was sixteen, now, she was a grown woman already married.

 

No longer could I hold her, kiss her, call her mine. All those days were behind us now, long and forgotten. Though there was no longer an 'us', the memories of our past will always remain in my heart.

 

Though I remembered everything about her, she knew nothing of me.

 

And it hurt... it hurt so much.

 

But even so, I still loved her.

 

 

I watched as Hyroi contiuned to write, her words confusing me.

 

I miss him; I want to see him so much...

I don't even love him yet I married him anyway...

 

My eyes widened.

 

I love him...

I love Jongin

 

She still... loves me?

 

Overwhelmed by emotions, I could no longer hide how I felt as my lips crashed into hers; the pain I felt seconds before slowly beginning to fade away.

 

Her eyes widened in shock as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer as I began to deepen the kiss. Still, she didn't pull away as she began respond. Slowly, memories of our past love replayed in my head as I smiled for the person I had longed for was finally in my arms.

 

When we finally broke away, the sight of her tears broke my heart.

 

I'm sorry... 

it was a mistake...   she wrote, her face apologetic.

 

At that very moment, I deeply regretted what I had done. Silence filled the air between us as I tried my best to hide my emotions; the pain in my heart aching unbearably.

 

Trying my best to hide the pain, I took her hand.

 

I understand... Your hearts only belongs to Jongin.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

I didn't know what hurt more; the fact that Hyori had denied me, or because she thought I was dead and had married someone else. What was even more painful was that I was no longer apart of her life; I was only a stranger to her now. 

 

I'm sorry...

please forgive me... she bowed.

 

I completely understand. It wasn't your fault.

 

Shocked, Hyori looked up at me as she shook her head.

 

No, it's my fault I-

 

Catching her attention, I grabbed her hand as she stopped what she was witing.

 

Stop. Don't blame yourself    I signed. 

                                                 

She smiled.

 

You're really too kind... thank you...  

 

I'm not kind... I'm not kind as you think I am  I thought as looked up to see Hyori's smiling face. 

 

Although on the outside I seemed fine, in the inside I was falling apart.

 

It's not fine at all, Hyori-ah...

Don't you see? I still love you...   

 

**********

 

As the night grew on, Hyori retold stories--stories of she and I. And though it hurt, I was glad she was smiling again. 

 

But as much as it was a smile of happiness, it was also a smile of sadness. Whenever she had mentioned me, I could sense the pain and longing in her voice as wrote my name.

 

Though it was love she felt when she reminisced stories of us, there was also a feeling sorrow; I couldn't help but believe I was the reason why.

 

Silence filled the room as she had finished; it was then that I decided to clear the dishes and clean up to avoid any awkward silence between us. 

 

As I had done so, I left the room as Hyori was left sitting in the living room.

 

But when I took my eyes off her, she was gone.

 

Rushing to the other room, I immediately I went to check the on Hyori who was sprawled on the floor with a shattered picture frame beside her.

 

I'm sorry...

I didn't mean to break anything   she bowed apologetically       

 

It's fine    I reassured her, glancing at the broken picture frame on the ground.

 

One by one as I began picking up the shattered pieces of glass from the old picture off the floor as it revealed the photo underneath; it was the picture Hyori and I had taken five years ago when we were still together.  

 

Unknowingly, tears began streaming down my face as the memories came rushing back to me as I tried to muffle the sound of my cries.

 

From the sudden silence, Hyori began to feel uneasy.

 

I'm sorry.

I must have broken something very important.

 

No, it's nothing really.

 

From the way my hand was shaking, Hyori knew I was lying. Without a word, she began picking up the broken pieces of glass as I watched her in surprise. Alarmed by her sudden gesture, I tried to stop her when I saw she was bleeding.

 

Ani, I need to the make up for my mistake   she wrote as she continued to pick up the broken pieces of glass.

 

Feeling gulity, I didn't say a word as I watched her in pain as we continued to pick up the pieces together.

 

**********

 

After picking up the last pieces glass, I headed towards the kitchen to discard the broken picture frame. Slowly, I began brushing away the broken pieces of glass into the waste bin. When I got to the photo, I hesistated.

 

For years I kept telling myself to throw that old picture away, but I couldn't; it contained so many good memories of us.

 

But I couldn't keep living in the past...

I knew I had to move on...

 

In the end, I decided to throw it away. I'm sorry, Hyori-ah... forgive me...   

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omo, Kai threw away the picture!  ><

Has he finally moved on?

Find out in the next chapter!