Her Warning

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

~Moments before Hyori's arrival ~

"Hyori knows you're Kim Jongin," the old woman said straightforwardly. Upon seeing Jongin's shocked expression, she answered his question before he got a chance to open his mouth, full aware of what he was about to ask.

"She told me the night she met you," the maid said. There was a long pause before she continued, "Hyori can see you."

Jongin's eyes widened even more. How?

 

"D-does she know for certain?" Jongin asked, his voice shaking, "I-I thought she was-" "Blind, yes," the maid finished for him.

 

"It appears not," the old woman said shaking her head, "I am not certain whether or not Hyori can see you. In fact, Hyori isn't certain herself. She told me she thought she saw you. Her face was so pale when she had told me. She looked so frightened, so helpless..." the maid paused for a moment before continuing.

 

" ...Hyori begged me to let her see you, she said she had to absolutely see you. She said—she said she had to see you before she passed on so that her heart would be at peace," the maid said sniffling, "I told her not to go, but she wouldn't listen to me..." There was another long pause.

 

"...I trust that you would take care of her that's why—that's why I let her go..."the maid said with a small, weak smile, "she really does loves you."

 

Jongin couldn't believe it. Hyori wanted to see me before—before she—he couldn't bare to finish the thought.

 

The old woman furiously wiped away her tears with her handkerchief. "You shouldn't be afraid. Don't hide in the darkness any longer, stay in the light! This is my warning to you..."

 

Just as Jongin was about to ask what the old maid meant by her words, he was cut off when he heard sniffling. His heart dropped, Hyori-ah...

 

Hyori's POV

 

Umma! Umma! Umma, where are you?” She promised to be back soon. Where could she have gone? Defeated, I decided to rest on a nearby bench. Maybe... maybe she forgot about me...

 

Tears threatened to erupt of the thought of being left behind as memories of him flooded my mind of flashbacks of that fateful day.  Jongin...why did you leave me behind? Why couldn't you have taken me with you?

 

I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. Where are you, Umma? Have you forgotten me too?

 

Hyori-ah? Is that you, dear?” I suddenly stopped crying when I heard her voice.

 

“Aigoo, Hyori-ah! Are you hurt?” I shook my head as she pulled me in for in embrace, “Aigoo! Aigoo, Hyori-ah! I promise never to leave you by yourself again.”

 

Narrator: From a distance, Jongin was watching them, wishing he was the one holding her. Don't cry, Hyrori-ah... he thought,  I promise to make things right...

 

 

"Oh, dear. Don't just stand there, come join usarrow-10x10.png," the maid said when she had finally released Hyori from her embracing, noticing that Jongin was ackwardly standing ten feet away from them.

Unsure if it had been he whom she had been speaking to, Jongin pointed to himself in uncertainty before receiving a nod from the maid. Shaking his head, Jongin quickly declined.  I can't. I can't face Hyori...not yet...

"Oh, don't be so shy dear, Hyori won't hurt you," the maid beckoned, motioning to Jongin as Hyori couldn't see this. 

"Who is that Umma?" Hyori asked in confusion. "Oh, he's an old friend of mine," the maid replied casually as she continued to call Jongin over.  An old friend? 

"Young Master, I-" stopping in mid-sentence, the maid widened her eyes in shock as she realized her error. Placing a hand over , she glanced over at Hyori wishing she hadn't heard her.

"Oh, silly me. It appears that I've forgotten his name," the old woman chuckled nervously, "It's been so long since I've last spoken to him. Aigoo, this old age of mine..." 

Hyori remained silent. She's hiding something from me... 

Hyori's POV

Soon after my maid had left to run some errands, leaving me alone with her male companion. I remembered her words: "Be kind to him" she had said. Confused by her words, I didn't know whether or not he could be trusted. After all, I had just met him.

Silence filled the air between us as neither one of us dared to utter a word. Only the rustling of the wind and the laughter of children could be heard.

With no words exchanged between us, I felt uncomfortable and unsettled. Had she left me alone with this man for a reason? Why was she suddenly so eager to leave? Question upon question erupted in my mind as I became frightened and confused.

Feeling the need to run away, I knew I had nowhere to go. I had already promised to wait and keep the man accompanied until my maid came back to fetch me, but I knew I couldn't wait any longer; I had to leave. With the feeling of dread rising in my chest, I rose from my seat.

But as soon as I got to my feet, I was suddenly pulled back by a strong pair of arms. Squirming uncomfortably against his grasp, I felt the need to scream as the man showed no signs of letting go.

Realizing his familar gesture, I suddenly stopped squirming as his name escaped my lips. 

"K-kai?" 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aw, snapple cake. What's gonna happen next? 

Hyori can see Kai? Omo. How?

Stick around and find out! ^^