Suspicion

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

"Hyori-ah, it's time that we leave or Young Master will worry." To much of my dismay, I knew it was time for me to go. Reminding me that I had a husband waiting for me at home, a feeling of guilt crept into my chest as I separated myself from Kai.

"I should go..."

 

Without making any eye contact with one another, we parted. Instantly, I had already missed his touch. But before I could take a step toward, he pulled me back as I landed in his chest, catching me by surprise.

 

Before you go,

will I be able to see you again?

 

I felt my cheeks heat up, "I-I don't know..."

 

Although I couldn't see his expression, I knew he was disappointed.

 

Then I'm not letting you go

 

Taken back by his words, I didn't know what to say as I stood there in silence, my heart pounding fast.

 

Kai's POV

 

Hyori seemed taken back by my words as it had surprised me also. Not knowing what to do, we stood there in silence.

 

Embarrassed, I released her.

 

I'm sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you I apologized, bowing although she couldn't see me. It had then occurred to me that she was blind as I felt even more embarrassed then before.

 

I-it's fine”

 

Embarrassed, she looked away as I noticed the slight shade of pink on her cheeks. Without noticing, I found myself grinning before I looked away, my cheeks matching the same shade as hers.

 

Clearing my throat, I shuffled my foot against the sidewalk as I inched closer to Hyori, forgetting the presence of the maid.

 

Oh, hurry it up, Jongin! We don't have all day!” I heard the old woman shout as I instantly leaned back.

 

Realizing her mistake, the old woman covered in horror; I looked over to Hyori, her eyes in shock.

 

Hyori's POV

My eyes widened in shock. J-jongin?

 

For a brief moment I felt as though time had stopped before me. Surely I had heard wrong. Before I had a chance to question, my maid was the first to react.

 

Aigoo, it's getting late,” she said rather quickly, “we should head back.”

 

I sensed her nervousness as she quickly began to gather her things and arranged for a limo to pick us up. Kai, however, didn't say a word.

 

Our ride will be here soon,” my maid informed me, “It's time that we go.” Grabbing my hand, the old woman dragged me with her.

 

Wait! But I didn’t-”   “We don't have much time before they arrive. If we delay any longer, Young Master will be suspicious.”

 

My eyes widened; I knew she was right. Without any further protest, I obediently followed behind her.

 

**********

 

Arriving at the promised location, the limousine honked, signaling its arrival as I was guided into the vehicle. With car door closed behind us, the driver started up the car engine. Soon, the park was far out of sight.  I never got a chance to say good-bye   I thought sadly.

 

Brushing my finger tips against the window glass, I sighed, Will I be able to see him again?” She squeezed my hand, “Of course you will, dear.”

 

Umma, there is something I want to know...” she waited for me to continue. “...what is your relationship with Kai? Can you tell me more about him?”

 

I don't know what you're talking about, dear. I've never met the man in my life.” Her words surprised me " But you said that he was an old friend of yours. How can you not know anything?”

 

Aigoo, did I say that? It's been so long! Oh, I'm getting old. I can't help but forget,” she answered, dodging the question completely. 

 

Somehow, I hadn't found her words too convincing. I knew there was something awfully strange about the way she had acted by Kai's sudden appearance.

 

What was her relationship with Kai? Why was she hiding it from me?

 

My mind suddenly wandered back to the time when she had called Kai 'Young Master.'  How odd   I thought  but she only ever addresses Yi Fan by that the name...unless...but it couldn't be...

 

There was only one other person she had ever referred as 'Young Master' and that was—

 

Jongin...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omo, has Hyori finally noticed?

Find out in the next chapter!