Her Protector

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

New characters will be introduced in this chapter.

Hint: they're both from Exo-M! ^^

*********

The car ride home was silent; the motion of its tires not contributing to easing my headache as I was now messaged my temple, the pain worsening. Put in deep thought, I hadn't realized we were now pulling into the drive way.

"Hyori-ah, Hyori-ah!" my maid shook me. “ I snapped out of my thoughts, "huh?"

"We've reached home, dear," she informed me, "have you heard a single word I said?" the old woman asked. 

Zoning out of her words, I felt my headache returning as it throbbed terribly against my skull; my body swaying back and forth as I began to feel dizzy. Falling into a pair of arms, I was caught before I collapsed.

 

"Hyori-ah!"

 

Regaining conscious again, a weak smile broke out into my lips as I realized the presence of my savior, "M-minseok o-oppa..."

 

"You should be more careful. Are you alright?" I nodded as I heard him sigh, my maid stood beside him as she too was relieved.

 

Hyori-ah, this is the third time you've collapsed this week. You should take better care of yourself,” my brother scolded me. “I know... I'm sorry...”

 

Let's get you inside.” Helping me to my feet, the doors opened for us as Minseok led me to my chambers; my maid followed. “Allow me to take Hyori-ah to ease your burden.”

 

No, I will take care of her. Return to your duties.”

 

As you wish.” Bowing, the old woman turned and walked away. “Come, Hyori-ah. I will take care of you.”  Before we could proceed, a voice stopped us. “Who granted you permission outside the perimeter?” I felt my brother tense,“Huang Zi Tao.”

 

Let me ask you again: Who allowed you outside the perimeter?”

 

That is none of your business.” Dissatisfied with my brother's answer, Tao grabbed him by his collar.

 

Let me remind you, Minseok, that you work for me. If word gets out that you've been disobedient, who knows what my Master will do. I suggest you speak up now when you've still got the chance.”

 

My brother has done nothing wrong. Release him immediately.” Surprised by my sudden order, Tao loosened his grip around Minseok's collar as he pushed him aside, backing me up against the wall, “I don't take orders from a wrench like you.”

 

"HUANG ZI TAO HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HER THAT WAY!" 

 

Tao scoffed, unfazed by my brother's anger.

 

“A tramp and a traitor. What an interesting combination,” he said, walking circles around the both of us, "I'm surprised why you're not related. Minseok, you and I both know who this woman's true nature is. She's a monster," Tao continued, "She should know better not to fool around with other men. She has been sworn by vow!"

 

That's enough, Huang Zi Tao!”

 

I've warned you, Minseok. Stay away from this wrench. She's trouble.” And with that, he turned and walked away. 

 

Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” 

I'm fine.” Still in a state of shock, I lost my footing.

Hyori-ah!”

 

I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me.”

 

This hadn't been my first unpleasant encounter with Zi Tao. Though I could never fully understand why he despised me, I knew I was about to find out soon enough.

 

Uncertain, Minseok proceeded to my bedroom. “Come, I'll accompany you to your chambers.” 

 

No, you should be returning to your post. I wouldn't want you to get into trouble because of me.”

 

He shook his head. “My first priority is to make sure that you are safe. Until I know this for a fact, I will not leave your side.” I watched in surprise as he bent down on one knee and kissed my hand. “This is my vow to you.”

 

With slightly flushed cheeks, I watched as he rose from his knees and lent me his hand. “Come, My Lady. Allow me to you.” Not refusing his offer, I took his hand as we procceded to my chambers.

 

Not far from them stood Huang Zi tao. “How can you swear your loyalty when you've already broken your vow?” With a mischievous smirk plastered on his face, he walked away. Soon she'll no longer be yours to protect.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omo, Xiumin and Tao have appeared! *squeals* ><

What does Tao have against Hyori? Stay tuned and find out.

More drama is yet to come!