Odd Behavior

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

Before you read this, I suggest that you read the end of the last chapter. (I kinda added in a few extra things!) 

Thank you, and enjoy reading! 

 

*********

Earlier the next morning, I received a knock at my door. “Come in!” 

 

It was the old maid.

 

Hyori-ah, dear. You must see this!” she cried, swiftly making her way to my bedside. What is it umma? Why are you raising your voice so earlier in the morning?”

 

This was sent for you from that fellow—Kai was it?” By the sound of his name, I felt my face heat up. Out of nowhere, an envelope was suddenly shoved into my hands. “What are you waiting for? Open it up!” 

 

My heart pounded fast as I tore open the envelope. Reaching inside, I pulled out a single hand written letter. 

 

 

My dear love, 

 

Since our previous meeting in the park, not an hour had past by when you had not dared to cross my mind.  Meet me under the willow tree at noon.  I won't take no for an answer. 

                                                    -Kai

 

 

A smile found its way to my lips as I kissed the hand written note. Clutching it to my chest, I began making unnecessary squealing noises as I jumped around excitedly on my bed, kicking my legs in the air with bliss. 

 

“Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!”

 

W-wae?! Wae, what is it?!” the old maid asked out of confusion and delight when she saw my laughing face. 

 

Too put into deep thoughts to hear a word she was saying, my mind wandering off elsewhere as my thoughts had blurred out her question. Omo, what if Yi Fan or the maids heard me? Omo, I'm so embarrassed! 

 

Suddenly becoming shy, I hid under my covers, ignoring the presence of the maid as I sunk further into my bed, refusing to show my face.

 

Hyori, wae?!” the old woman shook me, still puzzled by my actions.

 

Realizing it was already ten o' clock, I panicked. Omo, I should be getting dressed! Without warning, I popped out from my covers, startling the old woman as I brushed past her, knocking her off her feet. 

 

Hyori-ah! Where are you going?” she called from behind me. I'll explain later, I promise!” I shouted back. With the door closed behind me, the old maid was now alone in my bedroom. 

 

Shaking her head with a smile, she brushed the dust off the hem of her skirt as she got up from off the floor. With Jongin on her mind, it seems she doesn't have time to think of anything else  the old maid thought as she took a glance at the note on my bed,  I better put this in a safe place.

 

 

 

Note: I combined Kris' and Tao's POV into one!

Green will represent Tao's thoughts and prospective. 

 

 

Kris' POV

 

I was having my regular morning breakfast when I heard an obnoxious squeal coming from upstairs, making me spill my coffee. "It appears Agasshi is awake," Minseok said with a laugh. Yes, it appears so.”

 

I watched as my master and Minseok continued to chuckle over Hyori's silly behavior, making me grow furious. Noticing his now ruined attire, I began dabbing lightly at his shirt with a handkerchief.

 

Oh, thank you Tao.”

 

I smiled. “Your welcome, sir. Would you like me to have your shirt dry cleaned?”  I watched as he turned his attention in the opposite direction towards the stairwell, ignoring my question. Moments later, Hyori came downstairs with a wide grin on her face. My face instantly darkened. 

 

Good morning!” she greeted the three of us. 

 

Taking a seat across from my master, she gave him a light kiss on the cheek before procceding to her seat. Casted aside, I watched her from my position as she continued to act affectionately towards my master. Growing bothered, I couldn't comprehend how my master had not noticed Hyori's odd behavior when I had. And I didn't like it the least bit. She's hiding something I thought. 

 

Excusing myself from the table, I headed upstairs towards Hyori's bedroom. Pulling out a key, I unlocked the door with a smirk. It's time I do a little investigating. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you haven't quite figured out Tao's and Xiumin's role in this story, Tao is a high ranked offical who works for the Wu Family. He is Kris' personal attendant, and Hyori's bodyguard though he opposes his duties to protect her. He is only loyal to his master, Wu Yi Fan, and holds an unresolved grudge against Hyori; Xiumin works below him, who is a bodyguard and brother to Hyori though they're not releated by blood. 

 

Does that help? I'm sorry I didn't explain it clearly. ><