Blinded By Love

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

I wasn't always like this; I wasn't always blind. 

And though I felt I needed a reason to, I never really blamed anyone for my blindness but myself.

I blame myself for being this way, for being so weak. I could never say no to the man that love me, nor could I forgive myself for giving into him.  He was never the man I truly loved, but I was always grateful for his kindness. Though he loved me, I never felt the same way; I could never return his love. 

For years he kept me imprisoned in our shared home. I could never understand why he did it, but I knew he had no intensions of hurting me.

Although I had many opportunities to escape, I could never bring myself to leave him. 

I was free to go whenever I wanted, but something always pulled me back.

Though he never showed it, I could see the loneliness in his eyes telling me, stay. And by each passing day, I fell more, and more in love with him. I knew that no matter how hard I tried to escape it, I would always remain trapped, imprisoned by his love. 

But my heart belonged to someone else. 

Someone no other than Kim Jongin. 

 

2:00 AM 

I woke up screaming. I had that dream again. The dream that came night, after night, after night.  Though it only came bits and pieces, I remembered every part of it. The car crash, the blood, his voice shouting my name. But I could not remember what his face looked like. And by each passing day, the memory began to slowly fade away until I could no longer remember, for the person I longed for, I could no longer see. And no matter how hard I tried to wake up, I couldn't. Because I was blind, darkness would always consume me. 

 

2:01 AM

 An abrupt noise came from my bedroom doorway. Moments later, my husband appeared by my bedside.

"Are you okay Hyori?! What's wrong?!" 

 Although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was filled with worried. 

"I'm fine yeobo," I reassured him, "go back to sleep." I gave my husband a weak smile before gesturing for him to leave.

"No, I'm not leaving you alone." He gave my hand a squeeze, "Until you fall asleep, I'm not leaving your side," I heard him whisper.

"Thank you." 

 

2:34 AM

True to his word, Yi Fan didn't leave my side until I had fallen asleep.

"This is all my fault...It's my fault I can't seem to let you go. If I have, you'll probably be happier. I'm sorry Hyori... I'm so sorry.

Yi Fan brushed my bangs away from my face before planting a soft, tender kiss on my foreword. 

"Goodnight, Hyori-ah," he whispered before closing the door. 

**********

When I woke up the next morning, I no longer felt the warm presence of my husband beside me. Where did he go? Shaking the thought away, I rose from my bed and slowly made my way towards the bathroom to wash up. Not far from my bedroom doorway, a maid spotted me. 

"Oh, agasshi you're up. Alllow me to assist you." I kindly declined her offer. "No, I'm fine. I can manage." 

" I insist my lady. Young Master will be very displeased if he learns that I did not assist you." I sighed. "Very well." 

Taking my arm, I allowed her to guide me to the washroom. 

After I was properly cleansed and dressed, I was led downstairs by my maid to have morning breakfeast with my husband who was already seated at the table. As usual, no words were spoken as we ate. 

After moments of silence, my husband rose from his seat. "I have to get going." He cleared his throat before getting up to leave. I, however, remained seated. 

"Keep an eye her," I heard my husband say.

"Yes, Young Master." 

"I'll be back soon, Hyori-ah,"  And before I knew it, my husband had planted a gentle kiss on my lips. My eyes widened in sursprise.  

To shocked to move, I unwillingly allowed him to kiss me.  And without my knowledge, a single tear fell as flashblacks filled my mind of our shared kiss. But it wasn't the kisses from Yi Fan that I was thinking of, but the previous kisses I had recieved from my former lover. 

Slowly, bits and pieces of the memory began to resurface as I couldn't help but feel wronged by each passing second. Still, I didn't pull away. While my husband's lips were trained on mine, my thoughts drifted elsewhere.

I felt the kiss deepening as my husband's arm found their way around my waist, pulling me closer. As much as I tried to resist the urge to fight back, I knew that I couldn't for I had long known of the consequences that followed afterwards if I did. 

Feeling me tensed under his touch, he decided to break the kiss with neither one of us not saying a word.  Though Yi Fan had noticed the pained look in my eyes, he didn't say anything. 

"Take good care of Hyori-ah," was all he said before he turned to leave. Sparing me one more glance, he left with the doors closing behind him. 

Narrartor: Although Yi Fan had pretended he didn't see her tears, he didn't say a word for he knew very well he was the reason behind them. Though another man was occupying his wife's thoughts, he didn't say a word for he was indeed blinded by love. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally... The first chapter... (-0-) *sighs*

I hope you enjoyed it! 

I'll try to update soon, so please be patient with me! ><