Blinded By Fear

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

After my husband had left, I was still in a state of shock as I tried to recollect my thoughts. Still traumatized by the event that occured minutes before, I was unable to think properly as new tears began to erupt.

As if on instinct, my fingers traveled to my lips. Over, and over again, I ran my fingertips against my lips until I could no longer feel the presence of my husband's lips on mine.

Clutching my heart, I began to pant uncontrollably at an alarming rate. Feeling that I could no longer endure the pain, I fell to the ground as I rapidly beginning to lose conscience.

"Agasshi! Agasshi! Agasshi, please wake up! Quickly, call the young master!" The head maid instructed as the other maids rushed to informarrow-10x10.png my husband of my current condition. 

 Oh, you poor thing... The elderly head maid thought, you must've loved that man so much. 

~

When I had regained my conscience, I was no longer in the dining hall, but safely tucked away in my bedroom.  Where am I? 

"Hello? Is there anyone there?" I asked aloud into the darkness. Silence. 

Having the need to have a drink of water, I slowly made my way toward my bedroom doorway, only to stumble into the hindge of the door.

 Cursing at both myself and the door, I proceeded to heading down the hallway towards the kitchen only to be blocked by another obstacle yet again.

Feeling slightly irritated, I took a deep breath before attempting to move passed the figure only to be scoffed at by the owner of the voice.

"Is that the way you greet your husband?" From the tone of his voice, I could tell he was joking. I greeted him with a bow, "Yeobo, you're home." 

"There's no need to be too formal. Why don't you go get yourself something to eat? I'll have the maids prepare us dinner."

I nodded, allowing my husband to guide me towards the dining hall.

"Please wait here, Young Master. You're dish will be prepared shortly," the head cook announced before she bowed and walked away.

After taking our seats, we both waited in silence before the head cook appeared in the room for a second time. "I apologize Young Master, but appears we do not have enough ingredients to meet your request," the head cook said, hanging her head low with shame, "please forgive us."

"What? Didn't I specifically order you to run the errands for the food preparations today?!" my husband questioned angerily.

"Y-yes Young M-master but it a-appears the maids were b-bus-"

"Don't even try to make excuses with me, you lazy, good-for-nothing wrench! Get out of my sight before I have you fired!" my husband threatened. 

"I'm sick of all of your excuses. All of you! GET OUT NOW!" 

Deciding to calm down my husband, I politely asked the maids to leave. "Yeobo, the maids the done nothing wong. It was my fault they weren't able to have the arrangments prepared. I was too burdensome to-" 

"No, you've done nothing wrong. Why don't you rest? I'll have the maids run the errands."

Deciding not to argue, I obediently obeyed my husband as I headed upstairs towards my bedroom.

"Now my wife is starving! You all should feel ashamed of yourselves!" I heard my husband yell. 

"That's enough, yeobo. I don't need you to raise your voice because of me. I'll ran the errands," I said softly.

Surprised by my sudden proposal, my husband turned to look at me. "What?" 

"I said I'll run the errands," I repeated, "You must be exhausted. Why don't you go rest? I''ll take care of the arrangments." 

"But-"

"Go rest. I'll be fine," I assured him, "Go." 

Giving up, my husband allowed me permission to leave. "Alright, but be back soon."

"Oh, and Hyori-ah," he stopped me, "Dress warmly. It's cold outside," he whispered. 

"I will, don't worry about me," I said before I gave my husband a quick kiss on the cheek before disappearing behind the doorway.

Narrator: With a heavy heart, Yi Fan watched her leave.  I'll be waiting, Hyori-ah... he thought.

If only he knew that Jongin would come into the picture, he would've never had let her go...

~

I knew I was nearing the supermarket with the loud buzzes of cars and people passing by. It was nice to be out of the house every now and then without having to be kept an eye on at all times. With the warm sun shining down from above me, I felt free and happy. 

I desparately missed how the sun felt against my skin when it made contact with the sunlight. It had been months since I was permitted to leave the house. Being allowed to freely roam the streets reminded me of the happy days of my childhood that I almost didn't want to return. Too happy to noticed, I hadn't realize a familar black car parked outside near by.

~

After roaming the market for hours, I made no progess in finding the items I needed as the sky slowly began to darken. Before I knew it, the store had announced it would be closing soon.

"Attention all shoppers. We will be closing in five minutes. Please head towards the counter to make your final purchases. Thank you, and good night. " 

Without having a single item found, I began to panic. "Three minutes until closing time."

Struggling to find my way through the grocery store, I decided to give up. "One minute until closing time." 

Deciding I was tired and wanted to go home, I headed out the door. I wonder what Yi Fan is doing right now? Is he worried? 

Put in deep thought, I didn't hear the sound of a distant car heading in my direction. Thinking it was safe to cross, I began making my way down the crosswalk intersection even though the traffic light had turned red.

I didn't realize it until I was already halfway across the road when I heard a loud beeping in the distance. 

And the last thing I remembered, was a warm body laying on top of me. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler Alert: Kai will be making an appeareance in the next chapter!  

Please look forward to it! ^^