His Report

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

The knob twisted with a satisfying click as I the lights and walked inside the bedroom. Where to to start... I pondered, tapping my chin thoughtfully as I scanned the area.

 

Making sure everything was thoroughly investigated, I cautiously examined the interior of the room until I spotted several pillows laying carelessly on the floor. Bingo.

 

Deciding to start my search there first, I rampaged through the bedsheets, pillows, and blankets, but I found nothing particularly odd or out of place.

 

Tousling my hair in frustration, I decided to move on to a different area of the bedroom when my eyes automatically landed on a nearby bookshelf standing several meters away from me. I guess I'll look there next I smirked. You can't anything from me, Hyori-ah. I'll be sure to find what you're hiding. Mark. my. Words.

 

 

~ Meanwhile Downstairs~

 

 

Where is Tao? Doesn't he normally accompany us for breakfast?” Minseok asked.

 

Oh, don't mind him. I'm sure he has his reasons to pass today,” my husband responded, continuing his meal as if it was nothing.

 

I couldn't help but have a guilty conscience for the reason behind his leaving. Was it because of me that he left?

 

A feeling of dread washed over me as it continued to grew at the pit of my stomach. I couldn't shake the feeling away. Something was horribly wrong. And I was about to find out soon enough.

 

 

~ Back Upstairs ~

 

Books were scattered everywhere on the ground. I had gone through every single book in sight, but found nothing. Frustrated, I kicked a book beside me as it flew far across the room, hitting the leg of a desk in the process.

 

Immediately my eyes wondered to the book laying on the ground beside the wooden table as I gazed upon the drawers of the wooden desk, a smug expression painted my face as I did so.

 

Taking slow, steady steps towards the dresser, I stopped in front of the large mirror as I grazed the desk drawer with my fingertips. With cautious eyes, I scanned the room for any persons who may have witnessed my wrongdoing before carelessly digging through the content of the draws.

 

Skimming through photo books, letters and documents, I spotted nothing until my eyes landed on a half open chest box all the way back in the far right-hand corner of the drawer.

 

Reaching for the holder, I proceeded my search as I rummaged through its content. Coming across a love letter, a smirk of satisfactory formed at my lips as I read its content.

 

I wonder what would happen if this were to fall into the wrong set of hands?” Flicking the evidence thrice with my finger, a mischievous grin painted my lips as a nasty schemed hatched in my mind. Let's found out shall we?

 

 

~ Downstairs in the Dining Hall ~

 

Judging from the time, it was already five past twelve. I was ready late to my appointment with Kai. Cautious not to draw any suspicion towards myself, I decided to wait a while longer before taking my leave.

 

Eagerness and worry stirred in my stomach. What if he grew tired of waiting and left? Could he have possibly thought I turned down his invitation and decided not to show up?

 

Curiosity got best of me as I stood up from my seat, a loud rumbling followed closely behind as echoed against the wooden flooring.

 

My brother and husband looked up at me with curious eyes but I spared them no time to react as I bidded them both with a good-bye and a short peck on the cheek.

 

Surprised my sudden gesture, it took my husband several seconds to process what was happening as he slowly blinked out of his trance, but by the time he had, I was already out the door. Putting a hand to the region of where my lips had touched, he softly chuckled to himself.

 

Not long after, Tao descended from the stairs just seconds before I had left, a smirk evident on his face as the first words that came out of his mouth were: "Where's Hyori-ah?"