Confliction

A Silent Love, A Blind Love

Please listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--a-1byqLPY  

And read the lyrics! 

 

Hyori's POV

"K-kai?"

 

A smile found its way to my lips as I called out his name. Kai leaned his head against mine as him continued to hold me.

 

I missed you   he signed with our intertwined fingers. "I missed you too..." I whispered in his ear. Closing my eyes, I could hear his passionate heartbeat drum against my ear as he held me tight.

 

From the smell of his scent engulfing my nostrils, I felt so safe and secure in his arms. With the rhythm of his heartbeat in sync with mine, I knew that he had felt the same way as I had. The question was: Did I only love him because he resembled Jongin?

 

I couldn't shake the feeling away as guilt began to eat at my heart. Why do I feel this way? 

 

Feeling suffocated, I released his grip around me as the moment of bliss I felt seconds before slowly disappearing. Confused by my actions, I felt him reach out and grab my hand, but I slapped it away.

 

Did I do something wrong?  I didn't answer. You did nothing wrong, I did I wanted to say, but my lips couldn't move. With my thoughts betraying me, I began to think it had all been a mistake. I couldn't face him. How could I? He'll hate me... I thought.

 

With tear-stained cheeks, I ran away, failing to hide my tears.

 

I'm sorry, Kai...

I don't think I can love you...

 

Kai's POV

 

I ran after her, my mind racing. Why did she ran away? Did I do something wrong? When I was just centimeters away from her, I grabbed her hand. She stopped.

 

Do you hate me?  I waited for her reply, my heart pounding hard against my ribcage.  Please, tell me what I did wrong  I begged.

 

Just when I thought she wouldn't answer, her shook her head, “No, I don't hate you...” Relieved, I hugged her. “...But it doesn't mean I can love you either...”

 

As soon as those words left , I felt as if the whole world had stopped. 

 

"I'm sorry..." I felt her loosen my grip, "...but I can't love you..." My arms fell to my sides as she slowly released my grip around her wrist.

 

Too stunned to react, I watched her walk away as the old woman's words rang loudly in my ears.  Hyori doesn't have much time left... When spring comes, she will die..."

 

 

I remembered what I had told her: "I don't care. Even if the whole world is against it, I'll find a way for us to be together." Finding strength in my words, I ran after her. Hyori-ah, I can't lose you again...

 

 

Hyori's POV

 

I kept walking until I felt him hug me from behind. I stopped as my eyes widened the shock. Feeling weak against his touch, I allowed him to hold me as he left me paralyzed.   

 

 

I don't care, Hyori-ah. I love you. Even if the whole is against it, I'll try to find a way for us to be together. 

 

 

It was then that I broke down and cried; I couldn't take it anymore.

 

"I'm so sorry, Kai. I lo-" I was suddenly interupted when his lips crashed against mine. And as soon as our lips touched, I knew I was already deeply in love.

 

Kai POV

 

We walked back together hand in hand; our fingers tightly intertwined. Upon reaching the market place, I caught sight of Hyori's maid as she was eagerly pacing around worriedly on the sidewalk.

 

Looking up, she spotted us together as she gasped, overcome with joy as a smile broke out into her lips. Showing her delight, she ran over to us as she showered us with many kisses and tight hugs as we separated in embarrassment. 

 

Leaning closer to my ear, she whispered, "What took you so long?"

 

Taking me completely off guard, my cheeks glowed a red color by her question. 

 

Satisfied, the old woman pinched both sides of my face, leaving me with dark marks on my already flushed cheeks as an even more visible shade of red colored my face. 

 

"Aigoo, he's blushing!" she exclaimed as she continued to pinch and kiss me. "Not in front of Hyori-ah!" I whined so that only the maid could hear. 

 

"Oh, nonsense child! There's nothing to be ashamed about. Aigoo, you're so cute!"

 

Frustrated, I pried her hands off me as I pouted in disapproave, "Aish!"

 

The old maid found my misery quite amusing as she bursted into a round of laughter. Shortly, Hyori had joined her. 

 

And as embarrassed as I had felt, I was glad to have finally brought a smile to her lips. Soon after, I was laughing too.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! They're finally together! 

Or are they?