After The Storm

After The Storm

Early in the morning, Seyeon was surprised by the presence of Woo Bin in front of her house. She was about to do morning run, but once she opened the gate, she found Woo Bin who was leaning on his car. She walked toward him.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, felt a little bit curious.

“Did you know the good news from our parents?” Woo Bin smirked. Seyeon became silent, and then she nodded a bit. Actually, it wasn’t really a good news for her. Especially with the fact that her mother didn’t want her to meet Woo Bin.

Woo Bin giggled. “Wae? You don’t look that happy.”

“Aniyo. So, what brings you here?” She asked again.

Woo Bin smiled happily. “You’re in holiday before the exam, right?”

“Yes. So?”

“I want to ask you to accompany me to a place.” Woo Bin told her. Seyeon frowned. “A place? Where?”

“Meeting my mom.” Woo Bin smiled widely, imagining that he would meet his mom soon after this long time. Seyeon looked at him. “Hmm… why are you asking me?”

Woo Bin shrugged. “Molla. I just don’t want to go alone. Wae? Do you have another plan?”

“When will we go?”

“Today.” Woo Bin looked at Seyeon, waiting for her answer. Seyeon silent for a while, before she finally answered him. “Wait here, I’ll get ready.”

Woo Bin smiled happily to hear her answer which means that she willing to go with him. “Don’t forget to bring some clothes. We’re going for 3 days.” Woo Bin told her.

“Arasso.”

 

*****

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He was trying to call Seyeon for several times, but seemed like her phone didn’t active. Kyuhyun threw himself on the sofa. He stared blankly at his phone. Right now, he needs someone to talk to, and Seyeon is the right person for  that. She’s a good listener who can make you feel calm and comfortable.

Cho Hana entered her son’s room. “Eh, why are you still here in this beautiful weather? You should spend this beautiful day with having a date with Seyeon.” Hana said.

“Seyeon is busy studying for her upcoming exam.” Kyuhyun lied.

Hana sat next to Kyuhyun. “Do you know that Seyeon’s mother and Woo Bin’s father wedding has been canceled?” Hana looked at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun immediately turned his hand to face his mom. “Jinjja?” He asked with a surprised tone.

Hana looked sharply at her son. “Aigoo Kyuhyun-ah! How can you didn’t know about this important news from your girlfriend family, eo? You really don’t care about your girlfriend. Omo, I think I failed to educate my son.” Hana exaggerated

“Stop it eomma, don’t be exaggerated  like that. It’s not that I don’t care, keunde Seyeon didn’t tell anything to me.” Kyuhyun tried to defend himself.

“I heard the news from one of my friend. Hmm, I’m curious why did they cancel the wedding all of sudden. They just held their engagement party, you know.”

Kyuhyun looked at his mom. “Leave it mom. That’s not our business.”

“Ara! I’m just curious. Oh, and by the way, have you already met your future mother in law?”

“Eomma nan________”

“Ara ara! But sooner or later you will be engaged and the get married, right?”

Kyuhyun silent after he heard Hana’s sentence. Inside his heart, he didn’t like the obsession side from his mom. He knew that Hana was so obsess to be a family with Eun Sang. Kyuhyun really wanted to tell to her mom that he didn’t love Seyeon. The one that he loved was Taeyeon, only Kim Taeyeon.

Speaking of Taeyeon, Kyuhyun began to think about her again. He wanted to meet her although he knew that Taeyeon didn’t want to meet him for this time. Kyuhyun stood up.

“Where are you going?” Hana asked.

“Meeting someone.” Kyuhyun answered shortly and he immediately walked out from the room before Hana asks more to him.

Hana smiled happily. She thought the person that Kyuhyun wanted to meet was Seyeon. “Have a nice day jagiya!” Hana said happily as she was waving her hand.

 

*****

 

Woo Bin and Seyeon was in the train that would bring them to Gyeongju. Actually, Woo Bin wanted to ride a plane, but Seyeon refused it and she prefer to ride a train. Besides, it won’t take long from Seoul to Gyeonju. She wanted to enjoy the view. Woo Bin finally agreed.

“What kind of reason that you gave to your mom?” Woo Bin asked.

Seyeon smiled. “My mom is in Singapore now. She has to attend a party there.”

“Ah, no wonder you can go with me easily. “Woo Bin laughed. Seyeon looked at him. “So, you always look for your mom for this whole time?”

“Ne. And my searching is finally find a result. To be honest, I almost gave up.”

“I’m happy that you can meet your mom soon. Besides, that also means that I don’t need to play Kiss The Rain for you anymore.” She giggled when Woo Bin looked at her with his annoyed face.

“Cih! So, you never like to play the song for me, eo? Nappeun sister!” Woo Bin said. Hearing that Woo Bin called her sister, made Seyeon silent. She turned away to the window. She mumbled a bit. “We’re not sibling anymore.”

“Hey, although our parents wedding has been canceled, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t be a sibling, right? You can still treat me as your oppa, and I’ll always treat you as my little sister.” Woo Bin said with a sincere tone. Seyeon was touched by his sentence. She looked at Woo Bin who was sitting next to her and she smiled sweetly.

 

*****

 

Taeyeon sighed as she was looking up to the sky. Heavy rain was pouring the Seoul city. She was just finished her musical drama performance. But, because of this heavy rain, she couldn’t go home. The thing is she forgot to bring an umbrella with her. Woo Bin used to pick her up with his car, so she didn’t need to worry about the rain.

“Seems like your bad habbit is back again. You forgot to bring umbrella again.”

Taeyeon turned around as soon as she heard a baritone voice that she knew so well. She found Kyuhyun was standing not far from her with an umbrella on his hand. Kyuhyun smiled as he walked toward Taeyeon, while Taeyeon was still silent, feeling a little bit awkward with his presence all of sudden.

“Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked. Kyuhyun laughed a bit. “I think you don’t have to ask. I always around you, ain’t i?” Kyuhyun smiled softly.

Taeyeon felt something inside her heart when she saw the softly smile from Kyuhyun. “Thanks for pick me up.”

“Kajja!” Kyuhyun held Taeyeon’s hand and took her to the parking area.

Taeyeon secretly glance at Kyuhyun for several times. It just still hard for her to believe that she was with Kyuhyun, without need to afraid that Woo Bin might find out. The feeling was still the same, never change at all.

 Kyuhyun felt he was being watched by Taeyeon, then he turned to face her. The car was stopped because of traffic light, so it gave him time to look at her. He looked at her deeply, trying to tell her how he felt.

“Kyuhyun-ah, nan…” Taeyeon said doubtfully. Kyuhyun was still waiting for her to finish the sentence. “Nan…”

TIN TIN TIN!

The sound of klaxon from some of the car made them surprised. The light is green now, as the sign that they should move their car. Kyuhyun was back to focus to his drive, while Taeyeon just stayed silent as she was looking out the window. She started to gain her courage again.

 

*****

 

As soon as they arrived in Gyeongju, Woo Bin and Seyeon immediately went to Woo Bin’s mom house. But unfortunately, the house was empty. There was no sign of Woo Bin’s mom there. Even according to one of the neighbor, the house was empty since 2 weeks ago. It made Woo Bin frustrated.

“Where should I search my mom? This address is the only information that I have.” Woo Bin said with a vibrate tone. Seyeon looked at him with a sad stare. She patted his back softly, trying to give some power to him.

“How about if we go to the hotel first to drop our things and also to have dinner. After that, we can think our next step.” Seyeon gave an advice. Woo Bin didn’t have another choice beside to follow her plan. He was so lost.

“Oppa, don’t give up, ok! I’m sure that we can meet your mother soon. I’m sure of it.” Seyeon said with a optimis tone. Woo Bin gave a slight smile as the response. He hoped that he could meet his mother soon. He missed her so much.

 

*****

 

The sun already hide from the sky, letting the moon took the place. Kyuhyun’s car stopped right in front of Taeyeon’s house. “Ja, we’re here.” Kyuhyun smiled a bit. Taeyeon seemed busy with her own mind. “Tae?” Kyuhyun her hand.

“Ah, we’re here already?”

“What’s the matter?”

Taeyeon smiled a bit. “Aniyo… geunyang… Ah, thanks for driving me home. Be careful, Kyu.” Taeyeon took off her seatbelt and then she got out from Kyuhyun’s car. Kyuhyun was still there, watching her. Suddenly, Taeyeon stopped right in front of the gate, and then she turned back toward Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun who was curious immediately approached her.

“Waeyo Tae? Is there something you want to say?”

Taeyeon was still doubt. She played her fingers, means that she was so nervous. “Hmm… hokshi... I’m thinking about us… Is the offer still available?” Taeyeon looked at Kyuhyun with a doubtful stare. Kyuhyun still silent, trying to understand the meaning of her words.

“You… you mean… you… hmm… want to try it with me?”

Taeyeon nodded her head slowly. “Ne. But of course if the offer is still available.”

Kyuhyun smiled happily. “Of course it still. It will forever available. This feeling is never change, Tae.”

Taeyeon looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes. “I want to open a new page with you, Kyu…” Only a simple words, but it really meaningful to Kyuhyun. He’s been waiting for so long to hear that sentence from Taeyeon’s mouth. And finally, he was able to hear it. He was so extremely happy. With one pulled, Taeyeon was in his embrace.

“Thanks for giving me a chance.”

 

*****

 

 

The cold and windy weather in Gyeongju didn’t break Woo Bin’s spirit to search his mom. He and Seyeon was going to the place where his mom works. According to one of the neighbor whom the met at his mom old house, said that Woo Bin’s mother already moved from there. She gave an address to Woo Bin which she was sure that could help him.

“Ah, chakkaman! I think this is the place.” Seyeon stopped right in front of an elite saloon. Woo Bin stared at the saloon and then he looked the paper on his hand. “Yeah, I think so. This is the place.”

Woo Bin and Seyeon entered the saloon. Not long after that, the two of them got out from the saloon with happy faces. Aniya, they didn’t meet Woo Bin’s mother there, because she didn’t work there anymore since 3 weeks ago. But, it didn’t mean that they didn’t get any information. They got Woo Bin’s mother new address from one of the employee  there. With so much spirit, Woo Bin and Seyeon immediately went to the place.

____________________________________

Both of them got out from the taxi. Seyeon looked at the house. She wasn’t sure that someone in there. The house was so dark, seemed like no one was there. Woo Bin walked into the yard. He pressed the bell for several times, hoping that the door would open soon and showing his mother.

“Maybe your mom is out.” Seyeon guessed. Woo Bin just silent as he was still pressing the bell. He also called his mom sometimes.

“Jogiyo, what are you doing there?” A female voice interrupted Woo Bin’s activity. Woo Bin and Seyeon looked toward the voice. They found a middle aged woman was standing in front of the gate. Seyeon bowed politely to her. “Annyeong haseyo ahjumma. Naneun Seyeon imnida, and he’s Woo Bin. We’re here to meet the owner of this house, Mrs. Yoo Jin Ah.”

The middle aged woman stared at Seyeon and Woo Bin. When she looked at Woo Bin, she seemed surprised. “Omo, hokshi, are you Kim Woo Bin? The son of Jin Ah?”

“Ne ne! Naneun Kim Woo Bin imnida. Do you know my mother?” He asked with an excited tone, because the woman seemed to know his mother well. The woman smiled. “Ne, of course I am. We’re neighbor. I live right beside this house.”

“Then, where’s my mother? Is she out somewhere?” Woo Bin asked.

This time her expression changed. All of sudden her face turned to be so gloomy. She looked at Woo Bin with a pity stare which made Woo Bin confused. “I’m so sorry to say this. I know you must be really hope to meet your mom, but seems like God has another plan for both of you.”

Woo Bin and Seyeon looked at each other. They became more confused. “What do you mean?”

“Yoo Jin Ah passed away 2 days ago.”

It felt like there was a knife stabbed his heart. Pain. That was what he felt. “Ani… aniya… you must be wrong… my mother…” Tears started to fall from his eyes. His voice was so shaky. Seyeon held his hand tight, trying to give him some power.

“I know this is hard for you, but you have to accept this. Your mom passed away in the hospital two days ago. She had a very serious disease.”

Woo Bin still silent. He felt like his world already crashed. He had to bury all of his hope to meet his mom. He won’t be able to meet her again. Not in this world. Woo Bin almost fell down if Seyeon didn’t hold him immediately.

“Eom… eomma…” He whispered. “I want to meet my mom.”

 

*****

 

Siwon came home with a tired face. He just had dinner with Gyuri, the girl whom his father choose to him. Gyuri’s attitude which was arrogant made Siwon sick. He really wanted to leave her, but of course he didn’t do it because he still wanted to keep his prestige. That was why he tried to treat her nice. He knew that his father won’t let the matchmaking failed.

Siwon walked pass Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was about to ask about his dinner with Gyuri, but he decided to not do it. Siwon was in the bad mood. Kyuhyun didn’t want to make him angry. Kyuhyun just looked at Siwon until he walked into his room.

“Eomma, does appa really matchmaking Siwon hyung with Park Gyuri?” Kyuhyun asked to his mother.

Cho Hana who was watching TV, turned to face Kyuhyun. “Ne. Wae?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “I think appa is going to far. Hyung doesn’t look happy with that.” Kyuhyun said.

Cho Hana just shrugged. “Molla. I don’t want to middle in the problem. Beside, it’s his own fault. He’s 28 years old but he doesn’t have a girlfriend. He should follow your step. You’re still young and have a beautiful girlfriend from rich and famous family.” Hana said as she smiled happily. Kyuhyun sighed again. “Eomma, what if I actually don’t have that kind of relationship with Seyeon, but I’m dating someone else?” Kyuhyun looked at Hana’s expression.

Cho Hana seemed shocked. “Mwo? You broke up with Seyeon? Or maybe you’re cheating on her?!” She asked with a panic tone.

“Aniyo. It’s not like I break up or cheating on her, but we don’t have that kind of relationship from the start. You never want to listen everytime I tried to explain it to you.”

“So, you and Seyeon never dating?”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly. “Ne.”

Hana looked at Kyuhyun sharply. “Neo! Aish!” She walked away from the room. Her dream to be a family with Eun Sang has been crashed. Kyuhyun looked at her mom in silent. He felt relief because she already told the truth to her mom. He felt bad to Seyeon because he dragged her into his problem. Besides, Kyuhyun already had Taeyeon now. The girl whom he loved the most.

 

*****

 

The weather in Gyeongju on that day felt like could describe Woo Bin’s feeling. He still couldn’t believe that he was standing in front of his mother’s tomb. His tears was still falling from his eyes. He felt something heavy pressed his chest, made him feel like it will explode anytime soon. He wanted to blame the destiny which was so unfair to him.

“Eomma…” Woo Bin’s hand was shaking when he touched the tomb. “Why does it have to end like this? Why do you have to go when I already found you? Why God doing this to us?”

Seyeon who was standing behind him also cried. She felt sad to see the Woo Bin like that. She still could remember how excited he was when he told her about his plan when he meet his mom. Woo Bin said that he really want to taste his mother cook.

Seyeon was squatted next to Woo Bin. She his back. “Your mom is happy there. She’s in the better place. I’m sure that she’s watching us from there. She must be so happy that she could meet you again.” Seyeon said with a soft tone. Woo Bin looked sadly at Seyeon. she felt glad that Seyeon was there for him. He called his father lastnight, just to inform him that his mother was passed away. But his father didn’t seem care at all. That made Woo Bin hates his father even more.

“I have nobody. The only person who is my reason to live isn’t here anymore. I’m… alone…”

“Aniya, you’re not alone. I’m here with you, aren’t i? I’m still your dongsaeng, right?” She smiled softly.

 

*****

 

 

“Annyeong!” Taeyeon greeted with a cheerful tone. Kyuhyun smiled as he her head.

“How’s the work?”

“The café isn’t that crowded today, so I can go home earlier.” She answered. Taeyeon stared at Kyuhyun with a curious look. “Where are we going today?” She asked with an excited tone.

Kyuhyun giggled. “Where do you want to go?” He asked back.

“Me?” Taeyeon seemed think. “How about to the Karaoke? It’s been so long since the last time I hear you sing.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “Just say that you want to have duet with me.”

“Kajja kajja!” She pulled Kyuhyun’s hand.

The two of them spent their spare times in Karaoke. It’s been a long time they haven’t sung together. Taeyeon felt so happy. She never felt so happy like that, even with Woo Bin. It’s not like she wasn’t happy when she was with Woo Bin. She was happy, but the sensation was kind of different.

Kyuhyun also felt happy. He was waiting for this moment for these past years. He could forget all the pain that ever happened to him as long as Taeyeon was with him. Yeah, it only that simple.

“Kyuhyun-ah…” Taeyeon called him. Kyuhyun turned to face her. “Ne?”

Taeyeon seemed shy. She brought her face closer to Kyuhyun’s and she kissed his cheek. “I love you.” She said with a shy tone. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile. His heart was beating so fast and his heart felt warm at the same time when he heard that sentence from her.

 

 

 

-To Be Continued-