After The Storm

After The Storm

_AT CHO CORPORATION_

“Today, I officially announce that Cho Kyuhyun, my second son, as one of the shareholders in this company.”

Almost all of the shareholders and also some of the important employees who was attending the meeting clapped their hands as a greeting for Cho Kyuhyun. Only Siwon that gave no reaction to that. The handsome guy was just silent without want to speak. He was just staring coldly at Kyuhyun who was sitting in front of him. Kyuhyun just pretended that he didn’t realize it. He was too tired to face Siwon’s cold attitude toward him.

The hate in Siwon’s heart became more and more. He really wanted to speak out and let everyone knows that he disagreed with his father’s decision. But too bad that he didn’t have any power to do that.

“Congratulations Cho Kyuhyun. Welcome to Cho Corporation. We are sure that you won’t let us down.” Said one of the manager in the company. Kyuhyun smiled politely to response many greeting and congratulating that people gave to him.

 

 

*****

 

Seyeon was walking with no direction. The sky started to become dark, which means that night would come anytime soon. Seyeon cursed herself who was so stupid to left her bag and her wallet in the car. She only had a little money inside her pocket. So little, even she couldn’t use it to get back home. Luckily her phone was inside her pocket.

Seyeon sat on the bench at the park. She was tired and also hungry. She already used her little money to buy a bottle of water, and now she really doesn’t have any money. Seyeon sat in silent. She didn’t want to go home. She still felt hurt when she remember what her mother has done to her.

The loneliness was covering her heart. In the silent night, she was sitting alone while thinking about her life that never changed even just a little. She just wanted to have a normal life like the other teenagers, but her mom always meddle and controlling her life. Seyeon felt like a bird in a gold cage. She felt like a property that her mom can do whatever she likes.

Seyeon took out her phone from her pocket. She stared at the phone which was off. She was sure that her mother was panic looking for her now. She stared at the phone. There was only one name that came across her mind. But she was doubt whether she should ask for a help to that person or not. After debating with herself for some times, she decided to ask a help from that person.

“Wow, I’m shocked that you call me. What’s up?”

“Kim Woo Bin… nan… I need your help.”

______________________________________

Woo Bin hopped up from his motorcycle. He ran a bit toward the bench at the park. Seyeon turned around to face Woo Bin. And he could see how miserable she was. Her eyes was swollen, pale face and she looked messy. With one stare he could know that there was something bad that happened to his future sister.

“What happened to you? You don’t look good.” Woo Bin asked as he was looking at Seyeon’s face.

“I’m not good.” Seyeon bowed. Then, she stared at Woo Bin with a small smile on her pale face. “Thanks for coming. Sorry I ask you to come here. I just don’t know who else I should ask help to.” Seyeon said with a sad tone.

Woo Bin was still looking at Seyeyon. “Gwenchana. Aren’t we friends?” He smiled a bit.

“What happened? Do you have a problem with your mom?”

Seyeon nodded. She told everything about her problem to Woo Bin. She let out her disappointed which she always keep all this time. This is the first for Seyeon to speak a lot to someone about her personal problem. She didn’t even tell about it to Jiyeon or Kyuhyun who actually more close to her.

Woo Bin was paying attention to listen to her story. He felt bad for Seyeon. He knew how authoritarian and protective Eun Sang to Seyeon. But he never expected that Eun Sang will do so far like that.

“Whatever your problem is, running away isn’t the best way to solve it. It only makes everything more complicated.” Woo Bin told her.

“I know. But I’m so disappointed. For now, I can’t meet my mom. Meeting her will only make me hate her even more. I don’t want that.”

“Arasso. Yeah at least you’re only running away and not trying to commit suicide.”

Seyeon gave a bitter laugh when she heard what Woo Bin had said. “Don’t you ever think that I haven’t done that before.”

Woo Bin laughed a bit to hear Seyeon’s statement. He thought that she was just joking. But seeing her serious expression made him frowned. His laugh stopped. He looked curiously at Seyeon. “Yak, are you serious?” He asked.

Seyeon stared at Woo Bin. “Of course. Do I look like I’m joking now?” Woo Bin seemed surprised. Seyeon rolled up her sleeve and then she showed her left arm which had a scar. “See this scar? I got this when I cut my hand a few months ago.” Seyeon said easily, like it was a normal thing that people usually do.

Woo Bin stared with a surprised at Seyeon. He never expected that behind her calm attitude, she was actually having a lot of pains which makes her did commit suicide.

“You can stay in my place for now. At least it’s better than having no direction on the street like this.” Woo Bin offered a help. He didn’t want if Seyeon would do something that will put her life in danger again. If Seyeon near him, then he could watch her.

“In Zeus Hotel? But, how about if your father knows? He will definitely tell my mother.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it. Your mom would never find out. I guarantee that.” Woo Bin said.

Seyeon nodded. Besides, she didn’t have anywhere else to go.

 

*****

 

 

The dinner in Cho’s family felt so cold as an ice. Only Cho Hana who kept trying to melt the coldness, but unfortunately her action didn’t change anything. Cho Seunghwan himself didn’t bother to waste his energy.

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m so proud of you. From now on you should study hard so you can help the company soon. You can’t make your dad embarrassed. Look at your brother! You have to learn a lot from Siwon.” Hana said. Kyuhyun didn’t care that much.

Siwon stood up from his seat. “I’m done. I’m going back to my room.” He said with a flat tone and the he began to walk.

“Chakkaman!” Cho Seunghwan told him to. Siwon turned his body to face his father. Cho Seunghwan cleared his throat before he speak. “You haven’t congratulated your dongsaeng.” He said. Siwon hold his annoyed. He stared at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could see the anger in Siwon’s eyes when he stared at his eyes.

“Chukkae.” Siwon said with a cold tone. Without any smile, shake hand, or even a warm hug. Everything felt so cold and seemed so force. Kyuhyun gave a slight smile. “Gomapta.” He mumbled almost sounded like a whispered.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT ZEUS HOTEL, WOO BIN’s ROOM_

“You can sleep here.” Woo Bin said as he was letting Seyeon to enter his room. Seyeon stared doubtly at Woo Bin. Like understanding what’s the meaning of the stare, Woo Bin speak again. “Yak, don’t worry, I won’t do anything weird to you. I didn’t book for another room because the staff might report it to my father, and my father of course will report to your mom soon.” Woo Bin explained.

Seyeon nodded her head. “Arasso. Gomawo.” She thanked him.

“Take a rest here. I’ll buy some foods for you.”

____________________________________________________

 

Woo Bin just walked out from the lift. He walked pass a young woman. Woo Bin stopped and then he turned to the young woman who was just walked into the lift. Woo Bin felt familiar with that woman. A flashback came across his mind and a smirk appeared from his lips.

Woo Bin tried to open his father’s office room, but the room was locked from inside. That was weird, because his father rarely lock the room, except if he isn’t in the room. But Woo Bin so sure that his father was in there, since he remembered that his father’s luxury car was still parked in front of the Hotel lobby.

Woo Bin didn’t have any choice but to knock the door, and not long after that the door was opened. Woo Bin stared suspiously at his father

“What’s the matter?” Heung Soo asked.

Woo Bin smiled a bit. “Aniyo, I just want to see you.” Woo Bin stepped into the room without Heung Soo could forbid him.

The room was so quiet. There were only the two of them there. But Woo Bin didn’t want to give up just like that. His gaze caught a chamber at the corner of the room, which usually the place where his father keeps his important files. With his big foot step, Woo Bin walked toward the chamber.

KREK!

The door was opened with one pounding. Woo Bin smiled sardonically when he found a young woman whom he just met before. She was hiding in the chamber with her messy clothes. She smiled awkwardly to Woo Bin

“An…annyeong Woo Bin-ah. Long time no see.”

Woo Bin turned to his father. Heung Soo couldn’t stare at his beloved son. He was caught. He prefer to silent.

“You’re getting engaged in few days, and you still have time to play with another woman. You’re truly amazing Mr.Kim.” Woo Bin said with a insult tone. He sighed. “And you told me to make you as my role model? Ah, I must be crazy if I make you as my role model.”

Woo Bin sighed. Still with a sardonically tone, he said, “Please continue your activity. I’m out of here.”

 

 

****

 

_IN THE CLASS_

Jongin gave a glance at Seyeon’s desk which was empty. He didn’t see Seyeon in the class since yesterday. The last news that he heard about her was that Seyeon left the school in such hurry after she got back from the principal office.

 ‘Is there something bad happening?’  Jongin thought.

Even Jiyeon, whom Seyeon’s close friend in the school didn’t know where she is.

The school bell rang, which means break time. Jongin was still on his desk. He was too lazy to go to the canteen. He even refused some offer to go to the canteen.

“Jongin-ah!” Krystal came into the class, and like usual she immediately ran toward him. She smiled sweetly. “You’re not going to canteen?”

Jongin shook his head. “I’m not mood. You go by yourself.” He said.

“Gwenchana. I know that this would be happened, that’s why…” Krystal took out his lunch box. “Tara! A special Spagethi made by Krystal Jung!” Krystal said as she was praising her spagethi. Jongin gave a flat response, which made Krystal felt a little bit annoyed.

“Yak, I made this so hard just for you. At least show some respect.” Krysta gave an annoyed stare to Jongin. Jongin sighed and then he turned to face Krystal. “Gomawo Krystal Jung…” Jongin said as he was forcing to smile.

“Yak! You look weird with that forced smile. Wae? Is there something happen?” She asked. Jongin just silent and he prefer to ate the spagethi.

“How is it? Is it delicious?” Krystal asked as she was hoping to get some compliment from Jongin. Well, at least she hoped that the spagethi is good enough to be eaten. She didn’t want to make Jongin sick just because her spagethi.

“Not bad. At least I can still eat it.”

Yeah, eventhough that wasn’t the answer that Krystal hoped for, but at least Jongin ate her food. Krystal looked at Seyeon’s desk which was on 3 row in front of her. She couldn’t see Seyeon’s bag there which means that the owner of the desk isn’t coming today. Suddenly Krystal remembered about the conversation that without on purpose she heard. She was so sure that the reason why Seyeon didn’t come because of that problem. She wanted to ask Jongin, but she immediately canceled it. She didn’t want if Jongin began to worry and thinking about Seyeon again

 

 

*****

 

 

“Are you sure you want to go in there?” Woo Bin asked as he was looking at Seyeon’s expression. Seyeon nodded. “You told me to never run away from my problem because it won’t solve anything, right?” Seyeon stared deeply at Woo Bin. Woo Bin smiled and then he nodded. “Arasso. But you have to prepare your heart because I’m sure that you’re mom will be so mad at you.”

Seyeon laughed a bit. “Ah, I can’t wait to see her expression.”

“Go inside! I have to go now.” Woo Bin told her to.

Seyeon looked at her future stepbrother. “Thanks for your help. You’re actually not that annoying as I thought before.”

“I take that as a compliment. See you on the engagement day.”

Seyeon became silent. She remembered again that in 3 days her mom will be engaged with Kim Heung Soo, and then 3 months later they will married. Everything is already planned so well by their parents.

‘Yeah, at the end I won’t never be able to against my mom…’

 

*****

 

 

Woo Bin walked as he was passing some tables one by one. He was in a Café which located in Myeondong. Taeyeon asked him to meet her there. After a week having cold war, Taeyeon finally called him. Woo Bin thought that Taeyeon already give up and wants to fix their relationship again.

“Mian, I’m late.”

Taeyeon looked at Woo Bin. “Gwenchana. I also just got here. I ordered a drink for you.”

“Gomawo.” Woo Bin silent, before he finally decided to start the conversation. “I’m sure that there’s something you want to tell me.” He said.

A waiter came while bringing 2 glass of drink that Taeyeon had ordered. Woo Bin drank his drink as he was waiting for what Taeyeon would say to him. Taeyeon looked doubt. But she tried to stabilize her heart. Slowly, her hand reached Woo Bin’s hand and then she was holding it softly. “Nan jeongmal mianhe… I know that I make you disappointed. Keunde, I just can’t do this anymore. Nan…”

“Geumanhe!” Woo Bin said with a cold tone.

Taeyeon looked at Woo Bin sadly. “Woo Bin-ah, nan…”

“I told you to stop!” He almost yelled. Taeyeon silent. Her eyes started to teary. Woo Bin looked at her sadly. He looked so desperate. “Can’t you think about it again?”

“Mian… I want to end this relationship. I don’t want to hurt you anymore. I don’t want to live in lie.” Taeyeon’s voice trembled when she said that. Woo Bin clenched his fist. “Cho Kyuhyun… is it because of him, right?” Woo Bin smiled sardonically.

“Please don’t blame Kyuhyun! This is pure my decision. I love you Woo Bin-ah, but only as a friend…”

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY_

The engagement party went so well and it was attended by high class people. A happy face appeared on Eun Sang and Heung Soo’s face, which was really different from the expression which was showed by their daughter and son. Woo Bin just silent, not a even gave a slight smile. Seyeon just stood while watching her mom from a far. She prefer to stay away from the crowded and then went to the yard. Seyeon actually also invited Kyuhyun, but her sunbae couldn’t go, while her only close friend, Jiyeon, was having a surprise party for her boyfriend.

Woo Bin came to her and he sat next to Seyeon. He still silent, and Seyeon decided not to ask until Woo Bin himself decide to tell her.

“I’m sick to be here, looking at his fake smile.” Woo Bin said all of sudden.

Seyeon looked at him. “Wae? Something happened?” she asked. Woo Bin just silent. “I want to ask your promise.” Woo Bin said again.

“Do you want me to play Kiss The Rain?” Seyeon looked at him. He nodded. Woo Bin stood up from his seat. He offered his hand. “Kajja!” He asked.

_________________________________________

 

Seyeon sat in front of the piano. She was ready to play. Woo Bin and her were in the one of the ball rooms in ZEUS HOTEL. Woo Bin was standing next to her, looking at her finger that was playing so greatly on the piano. He felt comfortable as soon as the melody passed through his ears. His memories together with her mom appeared little by little, just like a film. His eyes became teary. He missed his mom. He wanted to meet her.

Seyeon became silent when she saw Woo Bin’s expression which turned to sad. Many questions appeared inside her mind why Woo Bin became like that.

Kiss The Rain was ended so beautiful, making whoever heard it would feel touched, including Woo Bin. He smiled sweetly at his future stepsister. “I must admit that you’re a great pianist.” Woo Bin said.

“Gomawo.” Seyeon smiled.

Woo Bin sat next to Seyeon. He stared blankly. “Wae geure?” Seyeon looked at Woo Bin, waiting for the answer that would come out from his mouth.

Woo Bin sighed. “Looks like you’ll be broken heart soon. So, you better prepare yourself.” Woo Bin said which was making Seyeon confused.

“Mwo? Broken heart?” She looked at Woo Bin with a confused. Woo Bin also looked at her. His face become serious. “My relationship with Taeyeon is over, and that means Kyuhyun will get a chance to be together with Taeyeon. Just so you know, they’re in love since a long time ago.”

Seyeon gave a slight smile. “Gwenchana. I’m happy if Kyuhyun sunbae happy.”

Woo Bin stared at Seyeon with a confused. There’s no girl that would be happy to know that her boyfriend will going out with another girl. ‘Is she crazy?’

“Ah, you must be think that I’m weird, eo? Just so you know, I’m not dating with Kyuhyun sunbae from the start. We just having a small drama.” Seyeon explained.

Woo Bin smiled a bit. “Ah, no wonder that you’re so calm. If another girl, then they will cry just like there’s no tomorrow.”

“Yak! Watch your words!”

Seyeon took a glance at Woo Bin, looking at his expression. “And… how about you? I know that you really love her.”

Woo Bin sighed. “Nan? Molla… I only know that my heart hurts.

 

*****

 

Seyeon and Jiyeon were walking side by side to the canteen. Jiyeon was happily talking about her surprise party for her boyfriend. Seyeon’s phone rang. Seyeon looked at the ID caller that was shown on her screen phone. A sighed came out from .

“Nugu?” Jiyeon asked curiously.

“Kyuhyun’s sunbae mother.” Seyeon answered, and then she answered the phone call from Cho Hana.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Ah, yoboseyo, Seyeon-ah. How are you?”

“I’m good. How about you ahjumma?”

“I’m also good. Keunde, why do you still call me ahjumma? You should call me eommonim.”

“Ah ne.”

“I’m really sorry that I couldn’t attend the engaged party.  One of my sister is in the hospital yesterday. I should take care of her. Please say our sorry to your mom.”

“Ne.”

“Oh, and by the way, do you have spare time today? I’d like to ask you to have lunch together. I hope you can. I need someone to talk to.”

Seyeon thought for a while. She wanted  to refuse, but hearing the hopeful tone in Cho Hana’s voice, making she had no choice but to accept it.”

“sure I can.”

“Ah jinjja?! Jonhta! Geure, I will pick you up afterschool. Annyeong, Seyeon-ah.”

“Ne, annyeong eommonim.”

The phone call was ended. Seyeon put her phone back to her pocket. Jiyeon who was hearing all the conversation gave a weird stare to Seyeon. “Eommonim? Aigoo… seems like there will be young mrs.Cho soon.” Jiyeon said with a joke tone.

“Shut up!”

“Aigoo eommonim, don’t be mad okay! Hahaha.”

“Yak, Park Jiyeon!”

-To Be Continued-

 

Okay readers, how is the story going so far? Is it good? hehe.. please leave some comment. Thanks (: