After The Storm

After The Storm

POSTER FROM : PHAGGET3V3RL3

-------------------------------------

 

Woo Bin entered the room that used to be his mother’s room. He could still smell the scent of his mother. His heart felt calm and hurt at the same time. Calm because he could smelled it again after these whole time, and hurt by the fact that he won’t ever meet his mother again. His gaze moved toward the table which was placed at the corner of the room. His hand was shaking when he touched his own picture. His mother never forget him, not even a second. Woo Bin smiled sadly.

Woo Bin sat on his mom’s bed. He was hugging his mother’s clothes. Tears started to fall down again on his cheeks. “Eomma…” He sobbed. “Eomma… I miss you.”

Seyeon, who was watching the scene without on purpose, could only watch him in silent. She didn’t want to disturb him. She understands that Woo Bin needs time to accept all of it. Losing someone who’s really important for us isn’t a simple thing to handle. The only thing that Seyeon knew was Woo Bin needs someone next to him. He needs her, that’s why she would stay by him side as long as she could.

 

*****

 

“Kim Taeyeon?” Hana looked angry. Kyuhyun could only sigh. “So, the girl that you meant is Taeyeon? You’re willing to let go of Seyeon just for Taeyeon? I don’t understand you, Kyuhyun-ah.” Hana shook her head.

“I love Taeyeon, eomma. She loves me too. We both love each other. Is it wrong for us to stay together?”

“Of course is it!” Hana yelled. She took a seat next to Kyuhyun. She held Kyuhyun’s hands. “Taeyeon is Woo Bin’s girlfriend. How could you steal your friend’s girl?”

“They broke up, and Taeyeon never loves Woo Bin. She loves me.” Kyuhyun was still trying to defend himself. Hana looked disappointed. “I never thought that you’re so stubborn like this. Just because of a girl you could hurt your friend. If you keep like this, then Woo Bin will hate you even more. He will never forgive you. I’m disappointed of you.”

After said that Hana walked out from Kyuhyun’s room. Kyuhyun thought about what Hana said. He realized that he was hurting Woo Bin even more. But he couldn’t help it. He just a normal person who needs love. And when the love comes to him, he just tried to protect it.

Kyuhyun threw himself on the bed. A deep sighed came out from his mouth. Kyuhyun mumbled. “Oh God, am I wrong if I want to get my happiness?”

 

*****

 

“It’s cold here. Let’s come in oppa.” Seyeon said as she put a blanket to cover Woo Bin’s body. Woo Bin gave a slight smile as the response. His face was swollen and his eyes was red. Seyeon knew exactly that he was crying. Seyeon sat next to him. They were sitting at the veranda as they were looking at the stars above the sky.

“Where did the souls go?” Woo Bin asked with a low voice, almost like a whisper. His face looked so sad. Seyeon stared at Woo Bin. She held Woo Bin’s hand and it. “I don’t know. But, I hope wherever your mom is now, she’s in better place.”

Woo Bin smiled a bit. He stared at the girl next to him. Beautiful and shinning. That’s what he could tell about her. Deep inside his heart, Woo Bin was secretly hoping that the girl whom he loved wasn’t Kim Taeyeon, but Jin Seyeon.

“We’ll go home tomorrow. I don’t want to get you in trouble because you’re gone for too long.” Woo Bin said.

“Arasso oppa.”

 

*****

 

The engagement party between Siwon with the girl named Park Gyuri was finally came. All of Cho’s family, friends, and also business colleague attended the party. The party was so luxury since that was the first time for Cho’s family to held an engagement party, and especially that was their first son’s engagement.

All people that saw Siwon and Gyuri would definitely say that they look so good together. But the thing which they didn’t know was the engaged was arranged and forced from the parents. Gyuri didn’t refuse  and decided to agree with the engagement because Siwon is handsome and he’s rich. Different from Gyuri, Siwon really disagree with the engagement. But he couldn’t do anything when his father asked him to look for Gyuri’s replacement and introduce the woman to them. Siwon couldn’t do that because he didn’t have any woman whom he loved. For his entire life, he fell in love only once. But sadly, his love story wasn’t sweet like in novel or drama.

At the end, Siwon could only give up and he let his father to take control of his life again. Siwon was showing his cold and flat expression, while Gyuri also didn’t want to lose by showing his arrogant expression.

Kyuhyun looked at Siwon. He felt bad for his brother. He knew how was it felt when we have to do something that we don’t like, especially it’s about love. Taeyeon whispered. “Eventhough the engagement was arranged, but to tell the truth, they look good together. Just see, the guy is showing a flat and cold face, while the girl is showing her arrogant face. Aigoo…”

Kyuhyun giggled to hear Taeyeon’s statement. He put his arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder. His laughed was disappeared all of sudden as he saw his mom who was watching them for a far. Kyuhyun started to feel nervous and worried. He was afraid if his mom would be unfriendly to Taeyeon.

“Ah, that’s Hana ahjumma. I haven’t greeted her yet. Let’s go there!” Taeyeon pulled Kyuhyun’s hand. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop her.

“Annyeong haseyo ahjumma. Long time no see. How are you?” Taeyeon greeted so friendly.

Kyuhyun was looking at his mom with worry stared. He was afraid about the reaction that his mom would give. But his thought was wrong. His mom treated Taeyeon so nice, just like usual. Hana treated Taeyeon same like before, nothing changes. That made Kyuhyun felt relief.

“I’m okay. It’s so nice to meet you again, Taeyeon-ah.” Hana hugged her.

 

*****

 

The graduation day for Seyeon and her friends was finally came. All of the students was gathering in the hall to hear a quick speech from the headmaster and the announcement for the best student, also to get their diplomas. All of them were paying attention to the headmaster speech, which was a rare thing that they do ever since they enter the school. For the last time. That’s all they thought.

Everyone was giving applause when Kang Minyuk was called as the best student with the highest score. Seyeon also felt happy to him, eventhough he beat her.

“Seyeon-ah, did you know that Jongin will continue his study in Busan?” Jiyeon asked as she was looking at her friend. Seyeon shook her head. “Neo jinjja molla?! Aigoo… I think this will be your last chance to talk heart to heart with him. You’ll never know when you will meet him again, right?”

Seyen became silent when she heard Jiyeon’s sentence. Her feeling for Jongin wasn’t same as before. She still has feeling for him, but not as much as before. 8 months gave her enough time to erase her feeling to Jongin. But still, she felt sad to hear that. At least she wanted to fix her relationship with Jongin. But the thing is, Does Jongin want to be friend again with her? Seyeon wasn’t sure about it.

“That’s Jongin! Palli ka! I don’t want you to feel regret.” Jiyeon said.

Jongin was taking picture with his friends. We could say that it was also a farewell party for Jongin because at the end of the week he would move to Busan continue his study.

“Seyeon-ssi.” Suho, one of Jongin’s friends, greeted Seyeon which made Jongin realized about the presence of his ex-girlfriend.

“Annyeong!” Seyeon seemed a little bit nervous when she face to face with Jongin. Jongin’s friends seemed understand about the situation. They decided to leave them to give Jongin and Seyeon time.

“We’re going first. See you.” Suho said. Then he walked away together with the rest of Jongin’s friends.

Now, there are only Seyeon and Jongin. Both of them were just silent. They walked side by side toward the class. They wanted to remember about their memories in the school for the past 3 years just before they officially leave the school.

“I heard that you’re moving to Busan. Onje?” Seyeon started the conversation. They were in the class, standing side by side in front of the window as they watching the scenery of the school back yard.

“At the end of this week. Congratulations! You’re accepted in Shinhwa university. I’m happy for you. It’s always be your dream to enter the university, right?”

Seyeon smiled sweetly. “Ah, you still remember that. Thank you. I also hope the best for you. Oh yeah, you haven’t signed my journal yet.” Seyeon gave her journal which was almost full with her friend’s sign and also some farewell words for her. Jongin took the journal and he signed the journal and wrote some sentence on the empty spot. Seyeon also did the same to Jongin’s journal.

“Mind to take picture together? Hmm… maybe for the last time.” Seyeon’s tone turned out to be so gloomy. Jongin nodded. Seyeon directed her phone to capture their faces.

“Seyeon…”

“Ehm?” Seyeon looked at Jongin.

A slight smile appeared on Jongin’s face. A smile which was he never show to her ever since they broke up. Seyeon was mesmerized by the smile. “It’s so nice to be able to meet and know someone like you. You’re really a nice girl.” He said.

“It’s also a pleasure for me to be able to meet and know someone unique like you, Kim Jongin.”

Jongin laughed to hear her sentence. He offered his hand. “Let’s start from the beginning. Uri chingu haja. Annyeong haseyo, Kim Jongin imnida.”

Seyeon smiled as she took his hand and shook it. “Annyeong haseyo. Naneun Jin Seyeon imnida. Bangapseumnida.”

There’s nothing wrong to be friend with someone to used to fill your heart, right? At least eventhough you can’t be back together as a lover, being a best friend isn’t a bad thing at all.

 

******

 

_AT THE RESTAURANT_

Woo Bin and Seyeon were having dinner to celebrate Seyeon’s graduation. Especially because Seyeon was accepted in the same university as him. Ever since the death of Woo Bin’s mother, the two of them became more closer. At least, when Woo Bin was with Seyeon, he could divert his mind from Taeyeon. Woo Bin already knew that Taeyeon and Kyuhyun were officially dating.

Woo Bin gave a plastic bag to Seyeon. She looked at him. “It’s a present for your graduation.” Woo Bin said, as he could understand what was on her mind. Seyeon smiled and she took it. She almost screamed in happiness when she found 2 books that she really wanted. A novel and a music book.

Her eyes looked sparkling, making Woo Bin also felt happy. “Gomawo oppa.”

 

*****

 

_SHINHWA UNIVERSITY_

Seyeon was in Shinhwa University to take care of the files and also to complete all the requirements as a new student. Seyeon met Kyuhyun in the corridor. It has been a month since the last time they met.

“Annyeong hoobae.” Kyuhyun waved his hand. Seyeon giggled. “Ah, you’re going to be my senior again.” Seyeon shook her head, pretending like she was disappointed. Kyuhyun ruffled her bang. “You should be thankful to have a cool senior like me.”

Seyeon giggled to hear Kyuhyun’s sentence. She kind of missed him. Since their acting as a lover done, they rarely met. That’s because both of them were busy with their own activities.

“How’s your relationship with Taeyeon unnie?”

Kyuhyun smiled. “We’re fine. Yeah, although until now my mom still disagree with us. She still hopes that you’re my girlfriend.”

“Haha, I miss ahjumma.” Seyeon remembered the times that she spent together with Cho Hana.

Woo Bin was looking at them not far from where Seyeon and Kyuhyun stood. He didn’t like what he see. He hates to see Kyuhyun close with people that he also close with. Woo Bin clenched his fist. He decided to walk away before he lose control and make a noise there. But his stepped was immediately stopped. There was Kim Taeyeon right in front of him.

“Annyeong.” Taeyeon greeted him. She looked a bit doubt. Woo Bin was still silent. His heart was still hurt everytime he remembers that Taeyeon left him to be with Kyuhyun. Seemed like Taeyeon realized that Woo Bin was still angry. She felt guilty. “Jeongmal mianhe. I know that you must be really hate me now. I’m really sorry.”

Woo Bin just silent. He walked pass Taeyeon, but Taeyeon immediately grabbed his arm. “Can’t the three of us be back together again just like before? We’re friends, aren’t we? I miss the old us. I miss you both…” Taeyeon’s voice sounded so sad. Woo Bin started to unstable, but he tried to keep his ego. Without saying anything, he walked away, leaving Taeyeon who could only watched his back with a sad stare.

‘Everything won’t be back like before… I’m too hurt…’

“Was that Woo Bin?” Kyuhyun asked. Taeyeon nodded slowly. “I’m a bad person…” She said with a sad tone. Kyuhyun held her hand. “We’re just trying to get our happiness. It’s a normal thing, Tae. Sooner or later Woo Bin will understand this.”

 

*****

 

_IN SEYEON’s HOUSE_

Eun Sang gave a file to Seyeon. Seyeon looked the file with a confused stare. She was wondering what’s inside the file. Eun Sang smiled. “Open it!” She told her daughter.

Seyeon opened the file. She read the words on the paper line by line. A deep sighed came out from Seyeon’s mouth when she knew that the paper was a form of business school in Seoul. Seyeon put back the file on the table.

“What do you want? You knew that I already accepted in Shinhwa University. I don’t need this form.” Seyeon said.

“But, this is a very famous school.”

“Naega sirheo. I told you for many times that I don’t want to become a businesswoman like you.” Seyeon said with an annoyed tone. She couldn’t believe that her mom was trying to control her life again just like before. “You already promised me that you’ll let me to choose my  own way. But why are you being like this again eomma?”

“Seyeon-ah, you’re my only daughter. I just want to make sure that you’ll get the best. And I don’t like to see you still close with Woo Bin.”

Seyeon looked angry. “Ah, so that’s your real reason. You don’t want me to close to Woo Bin? What if I tell you that I love Woo Bin and we’re dating now. What are you going to do?” Seyeon looked deeply at her mom.

Eun Sang glared angrily. “Mwo?! Seyeon-ah, don’t joke around!”

Seyeon smiled sardonically. “Do I look like I’m joking now? If once again you meddle in my business, then you won’t ever see me again.” Seyeon threatened her mom. She never joke around about her words. The scar on her left wrist is the prove.

Eun Sang silent. She couldn’t say anything if Seyeon already threatened her. Eun Sang didn’t want to take a risk to lose her only daughter.

“Eventhough Kim Heung Soo is a jerk, but it doesn’t mean that Woo Bin is a jerk too. I know him well. He’s different from his father. He’s a good guy. “ Seyeon said before she walked out from room, leaving her mom who was still siting there alone.

 

*****

 

Woo Bin acting like a mad guy. He couldn’t contact Seyeon for the whole day. Woo Bin stared at his phone, feeling a little bit annoyed. The strange thing was, the wallpaper on his phone wasn’t Kim Taeyeon anymore, but it’s Jin Seyeon. Don’t ask where did Woo Bin get her picture. There’s always a way for Woo Bin to get what he wants.

Not long after that Woo Bin’s phone rang, means that there’s a phone call. His expression turned into a little bit bright.

“Seyeon-ah…”

“Eo, oppa. Wae geure? I saw that there were 5 miscall from you. Is there any important thing that you want to tell me?” Seyeon asked.

Woo Bin sighed. “Oh, so it has to be something important first so I can call you?”

“Aniyo, geunyang… if there’s no something important, then why did you call me so many times?”

“Because I want to hear your voice.”

Seyeon became silent after she heard it. Her heart was beating so fast.

“What were you doing until you couldn’t answer my call, eo?”

“I was doing a video chat with Jongin. He showed me his new dorm and also we talked a lot.” Seyeon answered with a happy tone. A happy tone which made Woo Bin became gloomy again. Suddenly he felt afraid. He was afraid if there’s a chance for Seyeon to be back together with Jongin again. Anything can happen, right?”

“Oppa?”

“Seyeon-ah, do you still like Jongin?” Woo Bin asked with a low tone.

Seyeon frowned. “Why do you ask that so sudden, eo?”

“Just want to know.”

“Jongin and I are good friends now. We decided to choose this way. Well, at least this is the best choice for both of us.”

Woo Bin sighed in relief. He heard it from Seyeon’s mouth that she won’t be back together with Jongin. But then Woo Bin confused. Why did he has to be so relief like that after he knew that Seyeon won’t be back together with Jongin? This is weird!

 

 

-To Be Continued-