After The Storm

After The Storm

“Taeyeon-ah, please answer me! Do you really love me?!” Woo Bin was holding Taeyeon’s shoulder as he was looking intensely at her. Taeyeon silent. She didn’t want to lie anymore, she was too tired to hide her own feelings. But on the other hand, she couldn’t tell him the truth. She didn’t want to hurt Woo Bin.

“Woo Bin-ah, nan…”

“Just answer me!” Woo Bin kept asking Taeyeon to answer his question, but Taeyeon was still silent. Looking at the reaction that Taeyeon gave to him, made Woo Bin realized about the real answer.

Woo Bin laughed with a sad tone. “Arasso…” Woo Bin looked sadly at Taeyeon, and he decided to walk away to comfort himself, leaving Taeyeon behind.

 

 

*****

 

Kyuhyun sigh frustratedly. For the umpteenth time, his mother asked him to bring Seyeon to their house. Kyuhyun already told her over and over again, explaining that he and Seyeon are only friends, nothing more. But like a deaf person, Cho Hana still thinks that Seyeon is Kyuhyun’s girlfriend and she wants to meet Seyeon soon.

“I don’t want to hear another excuse! I want you to bring her here. If not, then I will go find her and I will propose her for you.” Hana said.

Kyuhyun looked at his mother. “We’re just friends. Seyeon is even younger than me. She is still in high school.” Kyuhyun said.

Cho Hana still didn’t want to lose. “She will graduate soon. So, I think that’s not a problem if we propose her.”

“Eomma…”

“Don’t argue with me! Or you want me to take care of it by myself? Fine!” Hana stared firmly at her only son. Kyuhyun sighed and then he walked away to his room.

“Don’t forget to bring her here as soon as possible!” Hana told Kyuhyun.

“Aigoo… what a weird son! What’s the big deal to introduce his girlfriend to me?”

 

 

*****

 

 

_IN THE CAFÉ_

Seyeon stared at Kyuhyun without blink her eyes. She was still trying to understand what Kyuhyun had just said to her. Yeah, Kyuhyun was pick up Seyeon from her school today, making some commotion and also making people think that the rumour about Seyeon and Kyuhyun is true. And a few seconds ago Kyuhyun said that his parents want to meet Seyeon.

“Did I hear it right?” Seyeon was still not sure.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Krystal told my mother we’re dating, and now my mother really wants to meet you. She knows your mom too. She even wants to meet your mom and propose you for me.”

The “Propose” word was totally shock Seyeon, making her almost fell down from her seat. She was staring blankly at Kyuhyun. And then… “Propose?!” She said, almost screaming.

“Omo, this is serious! How can our little lie becomes so serious like this?” Seyeon said with a frustrated tone. Kyuhyun sighed. He looked at Seyeon with a pleading stare. “I know this is really bothering you, keunde can you please meet my mom? Yeah, before she decides to meet your mom and… yeah, you know.”

“Arasso. Onje?”

“Tomorrow?”

Seyeon gave a slight smile. “Arasso. Don’t forget to pick me up at the music club tomorrow.”

Seyeon and Kyuhyun continued their conversation about the other things, not about their fake relationship, of course. They just talked about their favorite things, like movies, music, or just talking about their past. Suddenly, Seyeon remembered about what Woo Bin said to her a couple days ago. She looked doubtfully at Kyuhyun. She wanted to ask but she was confused how to ask it to him. Because from what can see, she knew that there was something wrong happened between Kyuhyun, Woo Bin and the girl named Taeyeon.

‘Is it some kind of love triangle?’ Seyeon guessed.

“Wae? Is there something you want to ask me about?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked.

Seyeon smiled a bit. “There’s something that I want to ask about, but… I’m sorry if this question is kind of impolite. A couple days ago, Woo Bin said something about you. He looked angry and… emm… this is also about Taeyeon eonnie. What is actually happening between the three of you?” Seyeon asked carefully.

Kyuhyun silent. He bowed his head. He knew that he need to explain that to Seyeon. Especially, he already drag Seyeon into his problem by pretending that they’re dating to make the girl that he loved jealous.

“Ah, mianhe. I didn’t mean to meddle into your problem.”

“Gwenchana. I think you should now since I already drag you into my problem.” Kyuhyun took a breath before he continues his sentence. Seyeon was waiting patiently. “If you think that this is a love triangle, then you’re right. Woo Bin and I were best friends, but then we love the same girl and… our friend was ruined because of that.” Kyuhyun said. “Woo Bin knows that I still have a feeling for Taeyeon and I’m still trying to get closer to her, that’s why he was so angry.” Kyuhyun said as he smiled sadly.

Seyeon nodded. “Yeah, he seemed so angry. It made me scared.” Seyeon said.

Kyuhyun smiled. “Yak, why did you scare to him? He will be your brother soon. Aigoo, you must be so happy because you will have a brother soon.” Kyuhyun joked as he was giggled. Seyeon pouted her lips. “Happy?”

 “Hahaha, mian mian. Ne, I’m happy.”

“Seems like you’re so happy to see how miserable I am, eo?”

“Just a little bit. Ani ani, I’m just kidding!” Kyuhyun giggled. “Woo Bin is a good guy. But, if he starts to disturb you, then he can becomes a very annoying person. If that happens, you can always ask for a help, okay!”

Seyeon nodded. “I will.” She smiled sweetly.

 

 

*****

 

 

Woo Bin and Taeyeon’s relationship was getting worsen day by day after the fight a week ago. Woo Bin and Taeyeon were still trying to hold their ego. But even so, Woo Bin couldn’t deny that he missed Taeyeon.

Woo Bin turned his gaze to the black tuxedo that he would wear on his father’s engagement party. Woo Bin sigh frustratedly. “Damn!” He cursed.

Woo Bin took his jacket and his key. He walked out from the room.

Woo Bin found Seyeon was sitting in the lobby. He frowned before he decided to approach his future little sister.

“What are you doing here?” He asked without bother to greet first.

Seyeon looked up and then answered, “My mom is here, meeting your father. And seems like they will ask us to have dinner together.” Seyeon said.

Woo Bin silent for a while bofore a crazy idea came across his mind. “Wanna runaway? I’m not in the good mood to act like a good son.”

“You never act like a good one.”

“Wanna go or not?” Woo Bin asked again.

Seyeon stood up from her seat. “Yeah, why not.”

_______________________________________

 

Woo Bin was bringing the tray that contains two cups of hot chocolate and a plate of tiramisu and cheese cake. He put the tray on the table, and then he took a seat in front of Seyeon. They sat in silent. They were busy with their foods and drinks. Seyeon’s attention was attracted to the pianis who was playing her favorite song, Kiss The Rain by Yiruma.

Not that different from Seyeon, Woo Bin also paid an attention to the pianis because that was his favorite song too which was often played by his mother. Woo Bin was not a type of person who likes classic music, but Kiss The Rain is the only exception for him.

“I just knew that you like classic music too. It’s kind of surprised me.” Seyeon opened an conversation.

Woo Bin turned his head and started to eat his tiramisu again. “I don’t like classic music, but this song is the only exception.” Woo Bin said.

“Is this your favorite song?”

“Yeah. My mom made me like this song. She used to play this song often. This is her favorite song.” Woo Bin said. His face became gloomy when he talked about his mother, and Seyeon realized that. But, she prefer not to ask anything to him.

“I saw that you were playing this song too at that day. Is this also your favorite song?” Woo Bin asked. Seyeon nodded. “Wow, what a lovely brother and sister we are. We even have the same favorite song.” Woo Bin said as he giggled.

Seyeon smiled. “Seems like you can’t wait to be my brother, eo?” She looked at Woo Bin while smiling sweetly. The weird part is, without they realize the awkward situation between them disappeared and the situation changed into warm, just like a great friends.

“Okay, since I already save you from the horror dinner, I think I should get a reward for that.”

Seyeon frowned. “You’re the one who brought me here, I didn’t ask you. Geure, since I’m a good person, then I don’t mind. What do you want?” Seyeon asked.

Woo Bin smiled. “Promise me that you will play Kiss The Rain whenever I ask you to.”

“Only that?” Seyeon asked which was replied by a nodded from Woo Bin. Seyeon smiled sweetly. “Okay, not a big deal.”

 

*****

 

 

_IN KYUHYUN’s HOUSE_

Seyeon looked so nervous. Yeah, she was in Kyuhyun’s house to meet his parents. And the worse part is Kyuhyun’s parents still think that they’re dating although Kyuhyun already denied it.

“Don’t be nervous.” Kyuhyun patted Seyeon’s back softly. Seyeon turned his head. “How about if your parents ask something weird? What should I answer?” Seyeon started to panic. Kyuhyun smiled a bit. “I will answer it. All you have to do is being a good girl, ara!”

Seyeon nodded. Kyuhyun and Seyeon walked toward the living room, where his parents were waiting for them. As soon as Seyeon stepped into the room, Cho Hana stared at her happily. She was so happy to know that Kyuhyun kept his promise to bring Seyeon there.

“Aigoo, neo neomu yeppo. Jinjja neomu yeppeo.” Cho Hana praised her, while Cho Seunghwan just smiled kindly to the girl whom he thought was Kyuhyun’s girlfriend.

“Ah, ghamsahamnida. Annyeong haseyo.” Seyeon smiled kindly to Kyuhyun’s parents.

“Come here, take a seat and let’s have some chats.” Cho Hana said with an excited tone. Kyuhyun just shook his head to see how excited his mother was. He couldn’t imagine what would happen if his mother know that Seyeon isn’t Kyuhyun’s girlfriend.

Seyeon was so glad that Mr. and Mrs. Cho didn’t ask about her relationship with Kyuhyun. They were only talking about the other things, including about Cho Seunghwan business with Eun Sang.

“I’m planning to propose you for Kyuhyun.” Hana said suddenly. She was so excited to make Kyuhyun and Seyeon’s relationship to be official. She just afraid that their relationship will be over if she doesn’t make it official soon.

Her sentence was success to surprised Kyuhyun and Seyeon. “Ah… that…”

“Eomma, I think that’s so soon. We still need time to get to know each other well and beside, Seyeon is still in high school. She wants to focus to her study.” Kyuhyun said.

“But, both of you can still do your daily activities after the engaged.”

Seyeon clenched her hand. She was extremely panic. Kyuhyun was still trying his best to refuse the engaged with many kind of reasons. Good thing that Mr.Cho agreed with the reasons. Hana could only sigh heavily to know that her idea was being refused, even by her husband.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jiyeon was busy looking for Seyeon in the morning. She couldn’t wait to tell a good news to her best friend. As soon as she saw Seyeon’s car was enter the school yard, she immediately ran to approach the luxury car.

“Annyeong!” Seyeon greeted.

Jiyeon immediately pulled Seyeon’s hand. “Kajja! You should see this!” She said.

 “Mwo? See what?”

“Palli Palli!”

Seyeon smiled proudly to see her name was shown in the wall magazine as the representative of her school for writing contest. That means she already passed one round in the contest. Some of her friends were congratulated her. Krystal, who also joined the competition, just looking annoyed at Seyeon. She thinks that she should be the one who get the chance.

“What’s wrong with this school? My writing skill is obviously much better than her.” Krystal mumbled.

“Seyeon-ah, chukkae!” Jieun said.

“Gomawo.”

“You deserve to win. Your article about the plant for a cancer medicine is so genius.” Jieun said as she was smiled. Seyeon froze. “A medicine for cancer?” She asked with a confused.

Jieun looked at her with a confused stare. “Hey, you wrote that, didn’t you? Seriously, I’m so surprised, because from what I know you’re going to write about the culture of Korea. But then you changed it, which is smart move.” Jieun smiled.

Seyeon looked so confused. Because from what she remembered she wrote about the culture of Korea, and she sent that article to the contest. But now, why did her friend said that her article is about a medicine for cancer? This is weird!

Seyeon walked faster to the principal office. Because she knew that only the principal who knew about what happened behind all of this.

______________________________________

 

Tears was almost fell down from Seyeon’s eyes. She was right about it. It was done by her mom. Her mom asked to the principle, who was her old friend, to replace her article.

“I didn’t know that the article wasn’t yours, because your mom said to me that you wanted to replace it.” Oh Hani, the principle, was looking sadly at Seyeon. Seyeon still silent just like a statue who didn’t have soul. Slowly, Seyeon walked out from the room. She even didn’t greet the principle. She was hurt.

Her mother acted to far this time. For once again she broke her promise.

‘Should I do something stupid like that again?’ Seyeon said in her heart while she was crying.

Krystal heard the conversation without on purpose. She was still standing silently on her place. She stared at Seyeon. She felt bad for her. She knew how miserable Seyeon now, but her ego made it disappear.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT THE PARK_

“So… you and Woo Bin…” Kyuhyun hang up his sentence. Taeyeon seemed understand about what Kyuhyun wanted to say. She shook her head. “I’m still his girlfriend.” She said. Kyuhyun seems disappointed, but he didn’t want to show it.

Taeyeon stared at Kyuhyun. “How about you? You and Woo Bin’s future sister… how long have you been dating?” Taeyeon asked with a low tone.

Kyuhyun became silent. Should he tell her the truth?”

“Ah, mian. I know this isn’t my business.”

“We’re not dating. We were just pretending. Seyeon wanted to make her ex-boyfriend jealous. That’s all.”

Taeyeon felt surprised and to tell the truth, she felt happy to know it. “Jinjja?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Ne.”

The two of them were back to silent again. Kyuhyun drank his hot chocolate. “Then, what are you going to do next? Will you choose to stay with him?”

“What do you mean?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Stop pretending, Tae! I know that your feeling for him has changed, or maybe there’s no love from the start. You just feel sympathy to him, aren’t you?”

“Nan…”

“Tell me the truth, Tae…” Kyuhyun begged as he was looking deeply at Taeyeon.

“I don’t know, Kyu… I’m confused…”

 

 

*****

 

 

BRAK!

“Jin Seyeon, what’s wrong with you?! Where’s your attitude?” Eun Sang scolded her daughter. Seyeon just silent while looking sharply at her mother. Her lips was shaking, but she tried so hard to hold her sob. She didn’t want to look weak in front of her mother.

“Why did you change my article?”

Eun Sang stared at her daughter. “So you already know about it. I was just trying to make you won. I just want____”

“OH MY GOD, I DON’T NEED THOSE!” Seyeon screamed in frustrated. “I can do it by myself. So please, don’t meddle in my business anymore.”

“I did it for you.”

“That’s bull! You did for your obsession. You have to know that I’m a human who has feeling. I’m not a doll which you can play just like you want.”

“WATCH YOUR MOUTH JIN SEYEON!”

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD WATCH YOUR ATTITUDE!”

PLAK!

One slapped was landed on Seyeon’s cheek. Eun Sang stared at her hand shockedly. She couldn’t believe that she just slapped her own daughter. Seyeon stared sadly at her mom. She couldn’t hold her tears anymore. “Eomma… should I do that stupid thing again to make you understand?” She said sadly.

“Seyeon-ah, eomma…”

Eun Sang still haven’t finished her sentence, but Seyeon already left the room. She even didn’t care when the employees in the office were paying attention at her because she was crying like that.

Not long after that, Eun Sang immediately called her some of her people to catch Seyeon. She was afraid if Seyeon would do such a stupid thing again just like what she did a few months ago. She was tried to suicide.

“Mwo? She already gone? How can you lost her? I don’t want to hear another excuse! I want my daughter now. Find her soon!” Eun Sang threw the phone.

“Oh god, Seyeon! Please don’t make your mom panic like this!”

 

 

 

-To Be Continued-