After The Storm

After The Storm

Taeyeon smiled to see her old pictures together with her two best friends, Kyuhyun and Woo Bin. The picture was taken when they were still in Senior High School. When she was cleaning her room, she found the box which was filled with her old things from high school without on purpose. And that picture was one of the things inside the box.

They were still wearing their school uniform in that picture. That picture was taken right after they finished their exam a couple years ago. They looked so happy in that picture, like they were live for happiness. But sadly, it’s only a memories now. Because the reality is really different from the past.

Sometimes Taeyeon thinks, what would happen to them if that incident was never happen. Of course they still can laugh and smile just like in the picture. Taeyeon couldn’t blame Woo Bin for what he did to Kyuhyun, because deep inside her heart she felt like Kyuhyun deserves to get that from Woo Bin after what he did to him. But she couldn’t deny that she wants Woo Bin to forgive Kyuhyun so they can back like they used to.

“Keunde, is it possible to be back just like before?” Taeyeon whispered to herself as she put the picture back inside the box.

 

 

*****

 

 

_IN SEYEON’s ROOM_

Seyeon was sitting on her bed with a blank mind. There were a lot of things that came across her mind. It was hard to handle to the girl who only 18 years old.

KREK!

“You have to explain it to me!” Seyeon’s mother came into her room and immediately mad at her daughter. Seyeon was staring flatly at her mom. “Mwo?” She asked with a lazy tone.

Eun Sang, Seyeon’s mother, was staring angrily at her daughter. “Why you didn’t join the competition, eo? WAE?!”

Seyeon gave her mom a slight smile. “Because I don’t want to.”

Eun Sang was looking at her daughter with a disbelief stare. She couldn’t believe how could her daughter answer so easy like that. “Don’t play around! I even tried hard to get those papers for you, so you can study.”

Seyeon stood up from her seat, and she stood right in front of her mother. She looked at her mother with full of emotion. She looked so angry and sad at the same time. “I never ask for your help! Geurigo, the paper that you gave to me, where did you get it? The question was exactly the same with the question from the school. Are you trying to plunges me?!” The tone of her voice sounded so disappointed. Her eyes was teary. “How could you do this to me?”

“Plunges you? What do you mean? You supposed to thank me. I do everything for your own good sake.”

“Cih, It only shows that you never trust me.”

“Seems like you don’t know how to thank people.”

Seyeon was clenching her hand tight. “Arasso, jeongmal gomawoyo, eommonim.” Seyeon walked, trying to get away from her mother.

“Get ready, we’re going to have lunch with your appa and your oppa.” Eun Sang said. Seyeon could only sighed, without bother to reject her mother order.

 

 

*****

 

_AT ZEUS HOTEL_

Woo Bin walked lazily toward the table which his father sat at. Today, just like his father planned, his father would introduce him to his future mother and also future sister. To be honest, Woo Bin didn’t really that care about his father wants to get married again. As long as his father didn’t meddler in his personal life, then he won’t care about everything that his father wants to do. Woo Bin knew exactly that the wedding that his father was planning wasn’t really based on love. There was only business in it. Woo Bin could know easily because the woman whom his father wanted to marry was also a successful businesswoman. Of course it will bring a good influence to his father hotel business. Beside, Woo Bin knew what kind of man his father was. His father will never enough with one woman only. On the other word, Kim Heung Soo was a kind of man that like to play with women. He was a playboy.

“Ah, neo wasseo.” Heung Soo said as soon as Woo Bin sat on the chair beside him. Woo Bin just mumbled. He was too lazy to start a conversation with his father.

“What time they will come? I don’t have much time for something unimportant like this.” He said.

His father stared at him. “They will come soon. Be patience. And watch your attitude in front of them. You don’t want to make a bad impression in front of your new family, right?” Heung Soo said. Woo Bin didn’t care at all.

“Sorry, we’re a bit late.” Eun Sang together with Seyeon walked into the private room where they were going to have lunch together. Heung Soo stood up from his seat and then he hugged Eun Sang. “Gwenchana, Woo Bin and I are just arrived.” He answered.

“Let me introduce you to my daughter. This is Seyeon. “ Eun Sang introduced her daughter to Heung Soo. Seyeon bowed politely to his future father.

“This is Woo Bin. My only son.” Heung Soo also introduced his son. Woo Bin’s reaction wasn’t that different from Seyeon. At least, they tried to act polite and didn’t want to make their parents embarrassed.

Many kind of food which was really delicious was placed on the table. But those delicious food didn’t success to tempting Seyeon or Woo Bin’s appetite. So at the end, the two of them were just playing their food without any appetite.

“Woo Bin is older by 3 years than Seyeon, isn’t he?” So, he will be an older brother for Seyeon. I hope the two of you can get along well together as brother and sister. Since a long time ago, Seyeon really wants to have an older brother.” Eun Sang said as she was smiling to Woo Bin.

Woo Bin nodded. Then, he stared at Seyeon, looking intensely at his future sister. Seyeon just bowed, she didn’t plan to join the conversation.

“What school that you attend?” Heung Soo asked. Seyeon looked up, “I’m attending Kirin High School.” Seyeon answered with politely.

“Ah jinjjayo? Woo Bin went to that school too. You’re in final year, right? It means next year you will attend university. Do you already know where university that you want to attend?”

“I’m thinking to attend Kyunghee or Shinhwa university.”

“Geure. Hmm, I think it’s better if you attend Shinhwa university. Woo Bin goes  to that university, so he can take care of you there.”

Woo Bin hissed. “She’s not a 5 years old girls that I should take care of.” He mumbled. Even he mumbled with a low tone, but people still could hear his voice. Seyeon looked at flatly at Woo Bin. She could tell that she will have hard time with her future brother.

Seeing that the situation became more awkward, Eun Sang tried to search for another topic for their conversation. Not long after that, Eun Sang and Heung Soo were busy with their conversation which was more about their company and their wedding plan.

 

*****

 

 

Seyeon’s finger was moving so agile on the piano. She seemed so into her hobby. Right after she finished playing one of her favorite songs, a clapped sounds was distract her attention. Seyeon turned around and she smiled when she saw Kyuhyun was standing in front of the music room door. Seemed like he was there to watch Seyeon.

“Kyuhyun sunbae, how long have you been there?”

Kyuhyun walked toward Seyeon. “Since the beginning. You seemed so serious until you didn’t notice that I was here.” Kyuhyun answered with a little laughed. Seyeon smiled sweetly to her sunbae. “It’s been a long time since you come here. I’m quite surprised to see you here.”

“I’m so busy, so after the long time I just can come now.” Kyuhyun said. He sat on the chair which was facing the window. Seyeon turned her body so she could face Kyuhyun clearly.

“So, do you want to join the music club again?” Seyeon asked with a curious tone.

Kyuhyun gave a small smile, and then he shook his head. “Eventhough I want to, but I just can’t. I’m so busy.”

“Ah ne, sunbae is one of the heirs of Cho Corporation, so of course you’re a busy person.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “Ah, you make me remember about that stupid thing again.” Kyuhyun said.

Seyeon smiled a little bit to see the expression from her sunbae. Seyeon knew that Kyuhyun didn’t want to take a part in his father company. Kyuhyun and Seyeon were pretty close to each other since Seyeon joined the music club, Melody Of Angel. But sadly 2 years ago, Kyuhyun decided to leave the group.

“People always say that we’re so lucky to born from rich and famous family. Keunde, why don’t I feel that way? Instead, I feel like it’s a burden for me.” Seyeon said with a low tone as she was staring blankly at the window in front of her. Kyuhyun became silent to hear what Seyeon had just said. To be honest, he also felt the same way as her.

“Huh, maybe they can say something like that because they only see us from outside and they’re just guessing about what kind of life that we have without knowing the truth behind it.”

“Ne, I also think the same.” Seyeon smiled a little bit. She turned her face to see Kyuhyun. “Sunbae, wanna play together? I want to play our favorite song. You still remember, aren’t you?” Seyeon asked. Kyuhyun silent for a while. It’s been a long time since the last time he touched piano. The last time he played the piano was a year ago in his mother birthday party.

Aniya, not because he was too lazy or busy to play the piano. But Kyuhyun had another reason. The reason which he’s the only one who knows. And because of that reason Kyuhyun decided to leave the music group which he loved so much.

“Sunbae?”

“Oh okay! Let’s play our favorite song!”

 

*****

 

 

The bell rang when Woo Bin entered the allery of paintings. Yeah, this handsome guy really loves painting. He was a great painter. Yeah, it was before the incident happened and changed everything.

Woo Bin was staring at those painting intensely. He couldn’t deny that he miss his old times when he was holding the paintbrush and painting some beautiful object on the canvas. Didn’t want to remind his old times, Woo Bin decided to walk out from the gallery. He was pensive. He stared at his right hand that he used to be proud of, because a lot of amazing and beautiful painting was created from that hand. But now, his right hand is only a hand with no speciality. Instead, the hand that he once to be his speciality, now becomes his weakness.

Woo Bin couldn’t never forget that incident. The incident that made his right hand became weak until he couldn’t use it to paint again. He couldn’t even use his hand for writing and that made him had to use his left hand, like it or not.

And that was because of his ex best friend, Cho Kyuhyun.

“ you Cho Kyuhyun! You made me became like this.” Woo Bin said with a furious tone as he was clenched his hand.

 

 

*****

 

 

_IN KYUHYUN’s ROOM_

Kyuhyun was staring at his picture with Woo Bin with a sad stare. One by one memories came across in his mind. Kyuhyun really regret for what he had done. If only he could control his emotion better, that incident must be wouldn’t happen. Everything will be okay.

Kyuhyun’s eyes was stuck to the big painting that was hang on his bedroom wall. Woo Bin gave that painting to him and he was the one who painted that painting. Kyuhyun’s tears fell down from his eyes when he stared at the painting which he always take care of. Because of himself, Woo Bin lost the precious thing in his life.

The door opened and Kyuhyun’s mother came into the room with a food on her hand for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun immediately wiped his tears and he pretended like he was busy with his book.

“Aigoo, uri Kyuhyunnie is so diligent, eo. Even in the weekend like this, you’re still studying. Here, I bring you some foods and also there are some vitamin for your health.” Kyuhyun’s mother said as she put the food on Kyuhyun’s desk. Kyuhyun gave a small smile. “Gomawo, eomma.” He thanked to his mother.

Kyuhyun’s mother was looking at the pictures without on purpose. “You still miss him?” She asked to her son. Kyuhyun just stay silent, didn’t want to answer because he knew that his mother already knew what his answer is.

“I met Taeyeon in the department store yesterday. She looks so pretty now.”

Kyuhyun looked up to see his mother. “Did she say something to you?”

Mrs.Cho nodded. “Ne. We had a little chat.” Mrs.Cho answered. She looked at her son, “How’s your relationship with Taeyeon? Still not better? She shouldn’t treat you like this. Woo Bin who’s the one that has problem with you, not Taeyeon.

“She doesn’t hostile me, keunde I’m the one who keep a distance from her. My mistake is too big. I… I deserve to get this…”

 

 

*****

 

Seyeon looked stunning with her short black dress. She braid her hair, made she looked more elegant and feminine. She was in her classmate engagement party which was held in one of the famous hotel in Seoul. Actually, Seyeon didn’t come alone. She came with Kim Min Ji, one of her classmate. But since Min Ji was talking with her boyfriend, Seyeon decided to walk around by herself as she was looking for her other friends.

“Seyeon!” Jiyeon called. Seyeon walked toward her friend and they had a little chat before Jinri came to them.

“Ah, you’re here! Do you know that Jongin is also here?” Jinri asked. Seyeon shook her head. She was surprised to know that Jongin was there too in the party. Not because of his social status which is different from them, but from what she remembered, Jongin didn’t like to go to the high class party.

“He’s coming with Krystal.” Jinri said which was success to make Seyeon felt surprised. “Krystal?” She repeated. She was hoping that she misheard it. But as soon as Jinri nodded her head, all of Seyeon’s hope disappeared. Seyeon looked around with a sad face. She hoped that she didn’t have to meet Jongin and Krystal. It’s already enough for her to hear their names without have to see their faces.

___________________________________

 

Seyeon just walked out from the toilet when the door from toilet male opened. The position of the ladies toilet and male toilet were facing each other, so Seyeon could meet with the guy that just came out from the toilet.

“Kyuhyun sunbae?”

“Annyeong! We meet again. Seoul is so small.” Kyuhyun said with a little laughed. Seyeon laughed to hear Kyuhyun’s joke.

Kyuhyun was looking at Seyeon’s appearance which was really stunning for him. “Party?” Kyuhyun asked. Seyeon nodded. “Sunbae also here for party?” She also asked.

“Ne. My friend has a engagement party here.”

“Eh, we’re same then. I’m here for my friend’s engagement party too. Ah, chakkaman! Don’t tell me that your friend is Lee Jonghyun?!”

“Ah, unfortunately yes.” Kyuhyun laughed. “So, you’re a friend of Kim Ji Won, aren’t you?”

“Ne. Ji Won is my classmate.”

“Are you alone?”

Seyeon smiled a bit. “Yeah, I think so. My friend is too busy with her namjachingu. Sunbae seems so lonely too.” She joked, making Kyuhyun laughed.

“Geure, how about if you accompany this lonely man, eo?”

“With my pleasure.”

 

*****

 

Woo Bin and Taeyeon were walking side by side to the hall where the engagement party was held. Taeyeon’s hand was wrapped around Woo Bin’s arm. The couple stopped when they met Kyuhyun and Seyeon. Not different from Woo Bin and Taeyeon, Kyuhyun and Seyeon also immediately stopped their step. Woo Bin stared sharply at Kyuhyun, just like he usually did whenever he met Kyuhyun. While Taeyeon, she just looked curiously at Seyeon.

Taeyeon felt like she never met Seyeon before, so she knew that Seyeon wasn’t from the same university as them.

‘Is she Kyuhyun’s girlfriend?’ Taeyeon said in her heart.

Kyuhyun looked at Taeyeon’s hand which was wrapped around Woo Bin’s arm with a sad stare. Remembering that Taeyeon and Woo Bin are a couple, it made his heart ache.

Seyeon could feel that there was something wrong with the three of them. But then, she felt surprised when she realized that there was a familiar face in front of her. Kim Woo Bin. Yeah, she remembered the face of her future stepbrother. Seyeon just silent, she didn’t have a plan to greet Woo Bin. But seemed like Woo Bin already noticed her presence. He realized that the girl who was standing next to Kyuhyun was his future stepsister.

“Wow, we meet again.” Woo Bin said. Kyuhyun and Taeyeon looked at Woo Bin and Seyeon. They were curious about how Woo Bin could know Seyeon, especially Kyuhyun. He never knew before that Seyeon and Woo Bin were knowing each other.

“Do you guys know each other?” Taeyeon asked. Woo Bin smiled. “Ne, she’s my future stepsister.” He answered which made Kyuhyun surprised. Taeyeon nodded because she already knew about the wedding plan.

Taeyeon smiled kindly to Seyeon. “Annyeong, Kim Taeyeon imnida.”

“Annyeong, Jin Seyeon imnida.”

Taeyeon took a look at Seyeon and then Kyuhyun. She really wanted to know about the relationship between them. “Are you guys… dating?” Taeyeon didn’t realize that the question had just came out from . Seyeon was about to deny it, but the gripped from Kyuhyun’s hand made her close . She was surprised. Taeyeon could see that Kyuhyun was holding Seyeon’s hand tightly. And without need to ask more, she knew what the answer is.

“Omo, Seyeon-ah! Are you dating with Kyuhyun oppa?!” Krystal asked with a surprised tone.

Seyeon turned around and not far from where she stood, she saw Jongin and Krystal were standing side by side. Krystal’s hand was wrapped around Jongin’s arm, and Jongin seemed like he didn’t bother at all with that which made Seyeon felt even more hurt.

Without thinking twice, Seyeon replied. “Ne, we’re dating.”

 

 

-To Be Continued-