After The Storm

After The Storm

 “There’s always a rainbow after the storm…”

 

_KIRIN HIGH SCHOOL_

Jongin was staring sadly at his pictures together with Seyeon. After fighting quite long with his feeling, the guy with the brown skin touched the delete button on his phone. Within a second, his pictures with Seyeon was gone without a trace. Jongin smiled sadly. He realized that he should try to forget his ex-girlfriend.

“Neo jinjja nappeun namja, Kim Jongin…” Jongin mumbled to himself. He let out a heavy sigh as he closed his eyes.

___________________________________

 

Jongin was walking down from the upstairs. He wanted to go back to his class, when he met with a beautiful young girl named Jung Krystal. She smiled sweetly to Jongin

“Wanna go back to class?” She asked. Jongin nodded. “Eo.” He answered.

Krystal smiled happily. Without hesitate, he took Jongin’s hand. “Kaja, let’s go back to the class together.” She pulled Jongin’s hand, meanwhile Jongin was just silent without trying to refuse her. Because how many times he refuse her, but she will never give up and keeps trying to get closer to him eventhough she knew that Jongin already had Seyeon by his side.

Seyeon?

‘Ah, aren’t we already end?’

“Jongin-ah, did you really break up with Seyeon?” Krystal asked as she was looking at him. Jongin just mumbled. “Wae?” She asked again. Jongin just silent, but then he open his mouth. “We’re not match.”

They stopped their step when they saw Seyeon was standing right in front of them. Seyeon was about to enter the class, but the scene in front of her canceled her intention. Seyeon looked at Jongin with a sad stare. Her gaze was fixed at Krystal’s hand which was holding with Jongin’s hand. Realized that her presence made the situation became awkward, Krystal let go Jongin’s hand.

“Aa… I have to go now. See you later.” Krystal smiled sweetly to Jongin, and then she entered her class which is beside Jongin’s and Seyeon’s class.

Without saying anything, Seyeon walked away from Jongin. She needs time to be alone and she guess toilet is the right place for now.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT VICTORY RESTAURANT_

“Ne, I think our project are going to be success just like the other projects.”

“Ah ne, this is because of Mr.Cho and also your son, Cho Siwon. Siwon really works well, just like you Mr.Cho.” Im Young Do said. He’s one of Cho Seungwan’s business colleague. Mr.Cho’s family and Mr.Im’s family were having dinner together while they were talking about their project.

Siwon, who got a lot of praise from his father colleague, just gave them a small smile as the response. The guy who has the dimple is a very successful businessman just like his father. When it comes to business, Siwon will always do his best. He will do anything for the business, even if he has to miss his time for rest. Yeah, that guy is really a workaholic.

“Both of your sons are so handsome. And also, I heard that Kyuhyun-ssi is studying business in Shinhwa University.” This time Mrs.Im open the conversation. The middle aged woman who looked elegant with her long black hair, smiled at Kyuhyun and Siwon.

Mrs.Cho smiled happily to hear both of her sons got a praise again. “Ah ne, ghamsahamnida.”

“Oh, jinjjayo? Wow, it means that there’s another who will follow your successful.” Added Mr.Im.

Kyuhyun just kept silent while bowing his head, pretending that he was busy with the food on his plate. Kyuhyun really hates that kind of situation. Especially when they started to talk about him being the next heir of the company. Kyuhyun never interested to be a businessman. He prefer to be a musician. Kyuhyun also knew exactly that Siwon didn’t want him to join the company. For Siwon, Kyuhyun is only a disturber that needs to be removed from his life.

“You must be really want him to graduate soon, so he can help you in the company soon.” Mr.Im said.

“Ah ne, of course. Kyuhyun is also good, not less than Siwon. I really want to see the result of his study for these 2 years.” Mr.Cho took a glance at Kyuhyun. Siwon just silent to hear what his father just said.

The anger appeared inside his heart. He clenched the spoon and the fork on his hands tightly, trying to release his emotion. He took a glance at Kyuhyun who was sitting next to him. He looked at him with his cold stare, hoping that Kyuhyun will feel intimidated by his glance.

 

 

*****

 

 

Kim Taeyeon smiled when she found a handsome guy was waiting for her in front of her class. Taeyeon who looked pretty wearing her blue dress with white cardigan, immediately ran to the guy who was waiting for her.

“Woo Bin-ah!” She called with an exited tone.

Kim Woo Bin smiled when Taeyeon stood in front of him. “Chukkae.” Woo Bin said to Taeyeon. “You deserve to get the part in the drama. You’ll do great.” He added as he was ruffling Taeyeon’s hair softly.

“Ya ya! Don’t mess my hair! Aish!” Taeyeon nagged as she was fixing her hair. Woo Bin giggled to see her funny expression.

“Kajja! I’ll treat you.” Woo Bin pulled Taeyeon’s hand softly.

“Assa! I want to eat spaghetti, ara!”

“Ne ne, anything you want.”

Both of them were walking side by side as they were chatting. They seemed really enjoy the time that they had together. Silently, Taeyeon kept an eye to every expression that shown from Woo Bin’s face. In her heart, she felt so happy to see Woo Bin could smile and laugh like this. Ever since that day, the day that changed their condition and also their life, Woo Bin seemed like he had lost his spirit. Taeyeon was trying so hard to make him like he used to be. She did everything to make the smile back on his face, eventhough at the end she should ignore her own feelings.

All of sudden Woo Bin stopped his laughed. Taeyeon looked confused to see Woo Bin’s expression suddenly changed to cold. His jaw harden, showing that he was so angry. Taeyeon turned her head to see what Woo Bin was staring at. Taeyeon’s expression also changed when she saw the person. But her expression was different from Woo Bin. If Woo Bin showed his angry expression, but Taeyeon showed her sad expression instead.

“What is that bastard doing her? His class even far from here.” Woo Bin said with an angry tone. Without thinking long, Taeyeon immediately pulled her boyfriend’s hand and took him away from there to avoid any fight. “Kajjja, let’s go.” She asked.

Right before he walked away, Woo Bin gave a sharp stare to Kyuhyun. Yeah, the person that was became the problem was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could only silent to watch the scene that hurt him. But then Kyuhyun realize that he was the one to blame and he deserve to get that action from them for what he did in the past.

 

FLASHBACK

“Neo… eottohke? How could you do this to me? You know exactly that I like her since a long time ago. You know how I feel to her. You’re the one who always support me to get closer to her, but why everything becomes like this?!”

“Mianhe Kyuhyun-ah, I know I’m a bastard. But I can’t hide my feeling anymore. I… I love Taeyeon…”

BUGH! BUGH!

“YAK! How could you do this to me?! I regret to ever know someone like you!!”

BUGH! BUGH!

“ARRRGGGHH!”

“Woobin-ah!”

FLASHBACK END

 

 

*****

 

 

 _IN SEYEON’s BEDROOM_

“Ige mwoya?” Seyeon was staring at some piece of papers that her mother gave to her. Her mother smiled. “This is for your study. You can learn for the competition tomorrow from this. I want you to win and become representative to your school.”

Seyeon was staring hesitantly at the papers that her mother gave. Her mother put the papers which is full of question on her desk. Seyeon looked at those paper with no interest. She turned her gaze to her mom. “Where did you get this?” She asked with a suspicious tone.

“Study well, okay. Don’t let me down. I really hope that you can be a representative for the competition.” Her mother said without answering Seyeon’s question, making the girl even more suspicious than before.

“Eomma…” Seyeon called her mom with a sad tone.

“Wae?”

“How about if I don’t get choosen?” She looked sadly at her mom.

“That’s why you have to learn those questions, so you’ll be the chosen one. Seyeon-ah, you have to focus on your study. I have to go now.” Seyeon’s mom walked toward the door. Right before she open the door, she turned her head to look at her daughter. “Did you break up with him?”

Seyeon silent. Her eyes started to teary, but she immediately cover her sad expression. Seyeon took a quick gaze at her mom who was still standing in front of her door. “Ne, I did. We have no relationship anymore. Just like what you want.” She said with a cold tone. Her mother smiled to hear her answer, without caring with her daughter’s feeling. “Geurom, I’m so happy to hear it. It’s a good news. Ja, continue your study, please. Ah, I also heard that there will be writing contest in the next 2 weeks. You have to join, ara!”

 “Keunde…”

“Don’t argue with me! Don’t you like to write? I will make sure that you will join in the competition.” Her mother said. Her tone said that she didn’t want to argue anymore. As soon as her mother walked out from her room, Seyeon laid her head on the desk with a lot of books and paper on it.

TES

A tears fell down from her eyes. She really tired to face her life which is always being controlled by her mom. She’s just an ordinary girl who really wants a freedom just like other teenagers.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was looking at his reflection in his car glass. He looked even more handsome with his black suit. Kyuhyun felt a little bit nervous. Today he has to go to the meeting lunch with his father colleague. His father gave him an order, so he couldn’t say anything except to obey it. But what made Kyuhyun nervous wasn’t because he will meet the colleagues, but he was afraid of what reaction that Siwon will gave to him. Kyuhyun knew that Siwon would hate to see him there.

“Gwencahana Kyuhyun-ah, you’re going to kick out from there soon. That’s all.” He mumbled to himself before he walked to where the lunch was held.

_____________________________________

 

“What are you doing here?” The question with a cynical tone came out from Siwon’s mouth. Just like what Kyuhyun thought, as soon as Siwon saw him, he immediately pushed Kyuhyun away from the crow without letting him to meet the colleague first.

“Appa told me to come here. He wants me to meet the colleague and the shareholders.”

Siwon stared sharply at Kyuhyun. The face that usually smile kindly to others, now becomes as cold as an ice. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from my area? I told you that I don’t like when someone disturb my area, especially that someone is you.” Siwon said with a low voice, but full of anger.

Kyuhyun’s face turned to gloomy. “Until when you will hate me? I love you hyung, eventhough you’re only my stepbrother.” Kyuhyun said with a sad tone.

“Until when you will keep bothering my life, eo?!” Siwon asked without answering Kyuhyun’s question first.

“Hyung, what should I do to make you not hating me anymore?” Kyuhyun asked as he looked at Siwon’s face.

Siwon smiled cynically. “You want me to stop hating you? Then stay away from my life! Just go to America and never comeback!” Siwon said which made Kyuhyun felt hurt. After saying those words, Siwon walked away from Kyuhyun, leaving him behind. Kyuhyun was still standing there like a statue. Tears fell down from his eyes, but he immediately wiped it. He sighed, trying to forget about what Siwon had said to him.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT KIRIN HIGH SCHOOL_

Seyeon was staring at the question paper that she just got with a sad stare. She took out the paper which she got from her mother last night, and what shocking was the question on the paper that she just got was exactly the same with the paper that her mother gave.

“Hah, eomma…” She hissed.

She stood up from her seat, not forget to brought her bag and also the paper that she got from her mother.

“Jin Seyeon, where do you think you’re going? The competition is about to start.” One of the teacher said to her.

“Jesonghamnida seonsaengnim, keunde I changed my mind.” Seyeon answered with a shaky voice. She bowed politely to the teacher and then she walked out from the room, not caring with other student who were staring at her.

Seyeon squeezed the paper on her hand. She was so angry at her mother. She couldn’t believe how could her mother do that to her. Seyeon had no idea what was on her mother’s mind.

Seyeon stopped her step when she saw her family driver was waiting for her in front of the school gate. Seyeon decided to run away by climbing the wall behind the school, which is a thing that she never do before in her life. She did it on purpose to make her mother panic if she can’t find her in the school.

 

 

*****

 

 

_ AT Yeouido Park_

Her foot step brought her to the park which was located far enough from her school. The park wasn’t that crowded, it was quiet. Just like what she wanted. Seyeon sat on the bench. The trees made the park became more fresh and clement. Seyeon closed her eyes and let out an heavy sighed. A puff of smoke because the cold weather came out from once she let out a sighed.

Not far from the bench that Seyeon sat, there was a handsome guy wearing a black suit. The guy was Kyuhyun. Not different from Seyeon, he also came there to search for a peace. He wanted to calm himself there. He was still closing his eyes as he sighed. A flashback about what happened between him and Siwon appeared on his mind. He could still hear Siwon’s voice in his ears when he told him to leave from Korea.

Almost 2 hours both of them had spent their times there. Just sitting on the bench while busy with their own thought without caring their surrounding. The cold weather made them realize how long they were there. At the same time, Seyeon and Kyuhyun stood up from their seat. Once they turned their body around, their eyes met each other. They kept silent, staring at each other until finally Seyeon spoke.

“Kyuhyun sunbae…”

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT SEYEON’s HOUSE_

“Oh my God Seyeon! Where have you been? I was trying to call you many times, but you didn’t pick up. Driver Jang told me that he couldn’t find you at the school. Do you know how worried I was?”

“I went home with my sunbae. Geokjonghajima.”

Her mother held her hand. “Wae Geure?” She asked.

“Aniyo.” Seyeon answered with a lazy tone. She didn’t want to argue with her mom. She was tired with all of the things that happened to her today. “I’m tired.” She said before she walked upstairs.

 “Seyeon-ah, I wanna talk to you for a while.”

“Let’s talk later. I’m____”

“It’s about Kim Heung Soo.” Her mother spoke, making Seyeon stopped her step. She turned her body and walked down the stairs.

She sat on the sofa right in front of her mother. “What’s the matter with that guy?”

“Not that guy, but your future father.”

“Mworago?!” Seyeon said with a shock tone. “Eomma! Did I tell you that I don’t want to have a new father? Even how rich he is, I still don’t want to! I will never allow you to get married again!”

“Seyeon-ah, why are you so selfish? I’m happy with him. He’s a nice guy. He will be the best father for you.”

“Eomma…”

“We’re going to have lunch with Kim Heung Soo and her son tomorrow. You heard that? A son. Which means you will have an oppa soon. You also want to have an older brother, do you?” Her mother tried to persuade her daughter. Seyeon was so angry and she couldn’t hold her emotion anymore. She ran to her room, not caring her mother who was calling her name. She slammed the door behind her.

“AAAAAAA!!!!”

BRAK!

The shards of the crystal ball was scattered on the floor. She fell down on the floor and within a second she burst loudly, like a little girl who had just lost her mother.

‘God, please help me… I can’t take it anymore…’

 

-To Be Continued-