After The Storm

After The Storm

“There’s always a rainbow after the storm…”

 

Seyeon walked slowly into her room. She leaned her body on the door. Her eyes was looking around at her large and luxurious room. The room which is full of blue and white seemed really empty, just like how Seyeon was felt at that time. Seyeon dropped her bag on the floor and she roughly laid her body on her soft bed. Just like her routine, she stared blankly at the ceiling above her head.

“Broke up with him! Did I already tell you so many times that I don’t like you hangin out together with that kind of person?! You should focus only to the school and your study, not dating with someone like him. You should study hard so you can enter to the university that I choose for you.”

Her mother words appeared again inside Seyeon’s mind. Her mother is really authoritarian and always wants Seyeon to obey whatever she wants, without care about her own daughter feeling. Seyeon really hates her mother behavior which is always taking control of her life and keeps telling her what to do. She has tried so many times to fight her mother, and she even ever tried to suicide with drank a lot of sleeping pills.

But sadly, her mom behavior didn’t change a bit, but it’s getting worse. She becomes really overprotective and authoritarian. Seyeon had no idea how to tell her mother that she was really tired about her mother behavior.

Father?

Even Seyeon didn’t know where her father was. Her parents were divorced 3 years ago and ever since that she never meet her father again. But she didn’t feel lose or miss her father. Because for her, her father was nothing. He was just a cold and temperamental guy whom never cared about his family. With or without his father it won’t give any effect to her.

“What kind of horrible life that I have now? I’m tired. I’m sick with all of this thing…”

 

 

*****

 

 

_CHO's FAMILY HOUSE_

“Kyuhyun-ah, don’t forget that we will have dinner with your father colleague and his family. Don’t be late, arasso!” Mrs.Cho said as she was putting some foods on her husband plate. Her son, Cho Kyuhyun, just nodded his head as the response.

“How’s your study, Kyuhyun-ah?” Mr.Cho asked to his son. Kyuhyun lifted his face which was bowed. He looked at his father. “It’s fine.” He answered with a cold tone. Mr.Cho realized about it, but he didn’t want to think about it. He pretended like there was nothing.

“I hope your grade will be better than the last time. You don’t want to make your mom and I disappointed, do you?” Mr.Cho looked straight in Kyuhyun’s eyes. Kyuhyun just silent without saying a word. Instead, he stood up from his seat and then took his bag which was placed on the chair next to him.

“Wanna go already? You haven’t finished your food yet.” Mrs.Cho looked at her son with a worried stare. “Seolma, does your stomach hurt again?” The middle aged woman asked to her soon. Kyuhyun shook his head. “Aniya, nan gwenchana. I just have to go earlier because I have some work at the campus.” Kyuhyun answered.

“Omo, my son is really a good student. I’m proud of you. Arasso, go ahead. Have a good day, honey.”

Kyuhyun bowed his body a little bit and then he immediately walked out from the room that almost made him frustration. Actually, the problem is not the room, but his parents. He just couldn’t bear anymore with his parents conversation. Because all they talked about was just about his study, nothing more. His parents only cared about his study, because they want him to become the next heirs for the company.

Outside the room, Kyuhyun met with his stepbrother right when he came out from the dining room. his stepbrother named Cho Siwon, took a glance at him and then without saying anything he just walked pass Kyuhyun, just like they didn’t know each other. Kyuhyun already used to it, so he could only silent as he was watching Siwon’s back from behind.

Cho Kyuhyun, the 20 years old guy and now he’s studying in the university. He’s the second son of Cho Seungwan, a very successful businessman that really famous around Asia, especially South Korea, Taiwan and Japan. Kyuhyun’s mother, Cho Hyena is the second wife of Cho Seungwan. While Cho Siwon is Cho Seungwan’s son from his first wife. His first wife was died because of heart attack when she knew that her lovely husband had a love affair with his secretary whom she already treated like a family. Yeah, the secretary was Pak Hyena, or now people known her as Cho Hyena.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT KIRIN International School_

Seyeon stopped her step at the rooftop. She was silent as she was staring a guy with a brown skin who was standing in front of her. The guy seemed enjoy watching the scenery from the rooftop. Slowly, Seyeon walked closer toward the guy. Realizing that there was someone’s presence there, the guy turned his body. He stared flatly at Seyeon.

“Jongin-ah…”

Kim Jongin, the guy with athletic body and brown skin, smiled faintly. Really faintly, until it was almost unseen. Seyeon squeezed the tip of her uniform. “Jongin-ah, naega…”

“Geumanhaja. Your mom is right. The guy like me doesn’t deserve someone like you. You’re too good for me.” The sentence that just came out from Jongin’s mouth was success to destroy Seyeon’s heart. She blinked her eyes, still trying to understand about the sentence that just came out from her boyfriend.

With a shaking lips because she was holding her tears, Seyeon tried to get an explanation from Jongin. “Jo… Jongin-ah… wae ireonnie? You always say that you love me. You should help me to fight for our relationship, not giving up just like this. Nae eomma… she didn’t mean to… jebal Jongin-ah… jebal saenggak dashi haebwa… hiks…” Seyeon burst into tears. She covered her face with both of her hands.

Jongin stared sadly at the girl whom he just broke up a couple minutes ago. Deep inside his heart, he still loves Seyeon. But the he realizes about his position. Even until at the end of the world he won’t ever suits with Seyeon. She comes from the rich and famous family, while he’s just nobody. He even got a chance to study in KIRIN High School just because he got a scholarship. His world and Seyeon’s world are really different just like the sky and the earth.

Jongin pulled Seyeon’s hand which was still covering her face. “Mianhe… I know how bastard I am. But this is the best for us. You’ll find a better guy soon and the guy who will really suits to be next to you. Beside, we have to focus to our study. Exam will comes soon.” Jongin said with a sad tone. He wiped the tears on Seyeon’s cheek. “We still can be friends.” He said again.

Seyeon shook her head. “Sirheo! I don’t want us to end like this. Can’t you try to hold on? I’ll try to make eomma…”

“Seyeon! Look at me!” Jongin cupped Seyeon’s face using both of his hand and he stared at Seyeon straight into her eyes. Tears kept falling down from Seyeon’s eyes. She looked sadly at Jongin. “This is for our good sake. Mian, I can’t hold it anymore. You know how your mom is, right? She won’t stay quiet if there’s something taht isn’t as she wanted. I don’t want to make my family in trouble. We already live hard even without the problem from us. I love you, Yeon. But sometimes we just have to let go our love… because it’s the best for us…”

Jongin pulled Seyeon into his embrace. It was only a quick hug, but it was really meaningful for them. Jongin kissed Seyeon’s forehead softly, before he walked out from the rooftop, leaving Seyeon behind.

Seyeon fell down onto the floor as soon as Jongin left her. She burst into tears, hoping that Jongin will come back and hug her. But until few minutes had past, he still didn’t show up. And at that time Seyeon knew that it’s really the end for them.

 

 

*****

 

 

_AT SHINHWA UNIVERSITY_

A very beautiful voice was playing so tunable, made whoever who heard it felt something warm inside their hearts. The voice sounded like it was came from the heaven. Kim Taeyeon, the name of the girl who was singing, got a lot of good response from people who heard her voice. Taeyeon smiled to her friends, but then suddenly her smile disappeared from her face when her eyes met with someone’s sharp eyes. The way the guy looked at her made Taeyeon felt nervous.

Realizing that his presence was disturbing Taeyeon, the guy decided to walk away, just like what he always does for almost 2 years. Taeyeon looked at sadly to the guy.

‘Cho Kyuhyun…’

 

 

-To Be Continued-