Chapter 13: Taking Care of Two 'Joon's'

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you live here?” The girl had the nerve to ask.

For a second, my wrath left Yongguk and targeted her. “Live here?” I gritted my teeth and repeated in disbelief. I have never lost my cool so fast before and I was about to show Yongguk why he should never cross me, especially in my own home where my son was. “I’m his wife, why wouldn’t I live here?”

This would teach him.

The girl’s eyes rounded. “W-wife?!” She whipped her head around to look at Yongguk while he gave me the same look.

“W-What?!” He looked back at the girl. “Don’t listen to her, we don’t have any relationship whatsoever.”

I smirked but quickly replaced my look with a quivering lip. “How could you say that when our son is sleeping in the room right now.”

Yongguk stuttered and got up to go towards his little guest. “She’s lying, she’s trying to get back at me for bringing you back.”

I sniffled. “Our son was asking for his father all day.”

He snapped at me. “He’s your goddamn nephew and would you stop acting!?”

I bit my lip from laughing out loud and pretended to start crying. “I guess our son and I are no longer important to you.” I covered my face with my hands and looked through the cracks of my fingers.

Yongguk walked towards the girl and reached out for her. For dramatic effect, I fell to my knees and sobbed louder. The sight brings the girl slapping Yongguk’s face. The sharp sound that meet my ears unfortunately it only satisfies me little. 

She spun around and quickly grabbed her shoes.

“Eunmi!” Yongguk called out.

She stopped in shock and dropped. “My name is Sumi and don’t come back tomorrow!”

I stifled my laughter behind my hands. Wow, he finished that last blow on his own.

She stomped away and slammed the door shut. After silence returned to the living room, I dropped my act before running up to Joon's bedroom door. Opening it up to a crack, I found him still sleeping soundly. He managed to sleep through all of that. After a sigh of relief, I turn around to see a fuming Yongguk.

I tilted my head and smiled in content. “When you scream, make sure you ‘whisper scream’ because I don’t want Joon to wake up.”

He huffed in disbelief. “Why are you a secretary when you could be an actress?”

I ignored his sarcastic comment. “Put your shirt back on. There isn’t much to show off.” I said lastly and turned around to go back into my room.

“You! Stop right there!”

I spun around, looking forward to what he was going to say to justify him bringing a woman home. “What? Are you going to yell at me?”

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “That was uncalled for.”

“Wait, your behavior or mine? Because bringing a woman back to a home that does not belong to you is uncalled for. Taking advantage of someone who was kind enough to lend you place to stay is uncalled for. And, acting like this at three in the morning when my son is sleeping is uncalled for.” I shot back.

“You said you wanted me to find a job and I did. That woman was my boss and I would have landed a job if you didn’t interfere.”

I stared at him. “You were going to sleep with your boss?”

He nodded.

“You don’t see anything wrong with that?”

He shakes his head.

I give up. “Pack your bags, you’re not staying here.” I was done with the conversation.

“Hey, wait a second, you gave me three rules and I didn’t break any of them.”

“I didn’t think I needed to state the obvious.” Does Yongguk lack common sense or something because he was out of his mind. “Yongguk, I at least gave you some type of credit. When you stay with someone who had no obligation to take you in, you need to be considerate and grateful.”

For once, Yongguk is finally speechless in front of me.

“You just took home a woman and about to do the unthinkable in the living room. Did it not occur to you that my son’s room is right there?” I sigh. “You can sleep here tonight, but I want you gone tomorrow.”

***

In the morning, I awaken to clanking sounds coming from outside of my bedroom door. I would think Yongguk was leaving but it sounded like kitchenware being moved around. Getting up and leaving my bedroom, I find Yongguk shuffling about in the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” My voice still had tiredness clinging to it.

He snapped his head around to look at me. “Uh- I was cooking.”

“Mama?”

I turned to look when Joon’s door opened. “You’re awake?” He walked over with his eyes closed and sat down beside my leg and hugged it. “Joonie, today is your play. You don’t want to be late, right?”

He looked up at me and grinned. “Mama will be there, right?”

That was the third time he asked me. “I’ll be there. Now, go get ready.” I ruffle his hair and he stands up to run back into his room.

“You get ready for work and come back when you’re done.” Yongguk says from the kitchen eagerly.

***

“Mama, what is this?” Joon poked the unidentif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter