Eleventh Day - Noon

Winter Breeze

“Ah, this is ~ Why do we have to work on national holiday…”

 

Stop complaining and finished that risotto.

 

“Ne, Taekwoon-hyung, I heard Hakyeon-hyung was sick, is he okay?”

 

“He’s fine. Just recovered.”

 

“Oh. Shouldn’t he take a rest today? The manager doesn’t really mind you know.”

 

“He doesn’t want to.”

 

“Why~? He could sleep all day in this cold weather~ He had lost a good opportunity to lazying out the rest of the day~”

 

Be quiet for a second will you, Jaehwan-ah.

 

“Hakyeon-hyung~”

 

Hakyeon?

 

Are you on your break?”

 

“Huh? Um, yes… Jaehwannie… Uh, um, Taekwoon…? Do you want to have lunch together?”

 

Yes.

 

“I’ll prepare the lunch.”

 

“Oh, right, thank you.. I’ll wait for you on the back…”

 

Okay.

 

“Hyung… What’s wrong?”

 

Nothing.

 

“Why is Hakyeon-hyung so weird?”

 

“He’s not weird.”

 

“No, well, yeah, he’s not usually weird. But he is weird now! Didn’t you see earlier? He looked so nervous towards you.. Did you two… have a fight?”

 

No.

 

“Are you sure…? By the way, you too, hyung! You’re quieter than usual… There must be something with both of you…”

 

“Nothing is wrong. I’m going to Hakyeon.”

 

Taekwoon-hyung! Wait! Aish…”

 


 

“Yo. Waiting for Taekwoon-hyung?”

 

“Hm.”

 

You should really tell him, hyung, he—“

 

“I will. I will, Wonshik-ah. It’s just…”

 

“Well, he’s here. I’ll be gone now.”

 

“Ah, Taekwoon…”

 

“Princess’s order.”

 

“Huh!? What the!? Don’t say it like that, hyung! Geez! Give me that.”

 

“Ooh, so Wonshik’s princess eats that much~”

 

“S-shut up! Just finished you business! Both of you!”

 

Is it that obvious? Jaehwan said the same thing.

 

“Here’s your lunch.”

 

“Thank you, Taekwoon.”

 

You’re welcome.

 

“Taekwoon…”

 

“So, Wonshik knew…”

 

“…  You heard our conversation.”

 

Yes. I heard. So, that’s true. He knew, that’s why you’ve been discussing this thing with him this morning. I noticed that, Hakyeon.

 

“Listen, Taekwoon, I—“

 

“Finish your lunch first, Hakyeon.”

 

“… Okay…”

 

This is awkward indeed. I would be lying if I said there’s nothing wrong about us. There’s absolutely something. I couldn’t sleep at all last night. Neither did Hakyeon. We just didn’t speak with each other much since morning. He didn’t even sleep on my arms last night. Well, we’ve been awkward since then actually. I’m not mad at him. I just want the truth. I need an explanation for all this. For why he hide it from me since the beginning. For why he took me in his arms eleven days ago in that snowy day. I need a reason. This is definitely not a coincidence.

 

“Taekwoon… eat slowly, you got the omelette sauce all over your mouth. I’ll wipe it up for you.”

 

And he’s still the kind and caring person he is. Why didn’t I realize earlier? Why should he keep it from me? What was his intention?

 

“Why, Hakyeon…?”

 

“I’ll... I’ll tell you everything when we got home.”

 

I want to be mad at you. Yet, I can’t. All things got so blurred when you gave that kiss on my forehead once again.

 


 

“… What are you, Cha Hakyeon?”

 

“You’re not giving me some spare time, are you?”

 

I demand the truth, Hakyeon. You promised me to tell everything as soon as we got home. Now that we arrived, I want you to spill everything.

 

“You saw that scar on my back last night…”

 

“Why did you hide it? Why didn’t you just tell me that since the beginning?”

 

“I’ve never wanted to hide it. That’s because…”

 

Because of what? Tell me, Hakyeon.

 

“I can’t… I can’t tell you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I can’t, Taekwoon! It’s for your sake too! I have an agreement I have to fulfill!”

 

“…. This is all just a play, huh?”

 

“Play? No, Taekwoon! It’s not a play at all! I’ve never thought of it like that!”

 

“Then what kind of agreement you made? With who?”

 

“…………. Taekwoon…”

 

“Why are you including me in this without telling me, Hakyeon? What do you want from me?”

 

“I just… I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s still doesn’t answer my questions.”

 

“I just want a friend…”

 

“Then you take the advantages of the new born Fallen like me?”

 

“Taking advantages? No, Taekwoon! Never once I thought of that!”

 

“You chose me because you can play with me all you want…  because I know nothing about human world, is that—“

 

“NO! No, no, no! Enough Taekwoon! If truth is all you want! I’ll give it you! Stop saying things like that!”

 

“What? Because it’s true?”

 

“Because that’s not what it is at all!”

 

“Then what it is?”

 

“I… I prayed for someone who will accompany me for the rest of my human life. A friend. God had listened and sent Hyuk to give the news. About you, about a lost child that wants to be human. But it was not as simple as that. He said when I found you, I shouldn’t tell about me being a Fallen too. And when you knew, they would take you back and put you back in Heaven’s jail…”

 

Is this some kind of a joke?

 

“It’s my fault… I should be more careful… The second you saw that scar on my back I knew you would realized everything…”

 

What is this? A game? What does God want? Put me back in jail? That’s not possible. Never once I’ve heard a Fallen could be back to Heaven. Not until they fulfill they life as a human. In other means, death. I knew God is Almighty, Father could do anything and make everything comes true. But he would never, in million years, disobey his own rules.

 

“It’s impossible to bring a Fallen back to Heaven , Hakyeon.”

 

“I knew! I understand that. But… I don’t know, Taekwoon, I don’t want to take a risk… Father could do anything He wants… I just don’t want to lose you, Taekwoon… I don’t know why you wanted to be human so bad, but I’m glad it’s you who came to Earth…”

 

But it’s impossible to… Wait… why? Why would I want to be a human? What kind of action I did to defy God…? What did I do…?

 

“Taekwoon…?”

 

The reason of me being a Fallen…

 

“Taekwoon, are you okay…?”

 

Why can’t I remember?

 

“Taekwoon? What’s wrong?”

 

“Why did I want to be a human…?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why did I do to become like this..?”

 

“Taekwoon? What are you saying…?”

 

“Hakyeon, what else did they say about me?”

 

“H-huh? They just said that you are an Angel that wants to be a human that you sacrificed your own wings.. That’s.. all…”

 

“Do you know why I became a Fallen?”

 

“… No… What’s wrong?”

 

“I… I can’t remember why…”

 

“What? How come?”

 

I don’t know… It looks like my memory was cut in some parts. I don’t know what I did to make me dragged to Heaven’s jail with a broken wing. It was clearly painful. And then I got out from jail and spoke to God, We had a conversation. Wait, a conversation about what? Then i… I broke my other wing? Why? Why did I do that? For what reason?

 

“What did you wish before you fall, Taekwoon? There must be something connected with that…”

 

Wish? What did I wish…? The conversation I had with Father. It must be about that… But what? I can’t picture what we said. Wait, someone is knocking the door.

 

“Oh, no… It’s them…”

 

 Them…? Don’t tell me…

 

“It’s true… They’re going to take you back… “

 

I still couldn’t believe this. God bothered to send a messenger to tell Hakyeon about my well being and made a contract like this? This is insane. Who is Hakyeon? Why him from all the Fallens? Why him among the other humans?

 

“It was all my fault, Taekwoon,. I’m sorry… but.. I.. I don’t want you to go. I want you to stay with me…”

 

Hakyeon… Why are you crying…? It’s not… It’s not actually your fault, Hakyeon. If what you said was the truth, this is not your fault at all. We’ve been played all along. I’m… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t corner you like that. This… wouldn’t happen if I didn’t force you to spill it out. I need to know the truth… but… knowing the truth leads to this…This is unacceptable. Why does Father play us like this..? What does he want from us…?

 

“I’m sorry, Hakyeon… I shouldn’t have…”

 

“Ta.. Taek.. Taekwoon-ah…”

 

Ah, please don’t cry… Come here… Please be calm… I.. I won’t go anywhere… I don’t want to go anywhere… Please don’t cry… I want stay with you too, Hakyeon.

 

“P-please… don’t go…”

 

I won’t. Damn, they knocked again.

 

“Heeeyy~ Won’t you let me in already?”

 

…. This voice.

 

“N-hyung~ Leo-hyung~”