Tenth Days - Evening

Winter Breeze

 

“Hakyeon… Oh, you woke up…”

 

“I did~”

 

“Do you feel better?”

 

“Yes, i was sweating when I slept earlier.”

 

Huh? I don’t get it…

 

“If you have a fever.. Oh, let me help you, what did you cook? Ah, corn soup! Can I eat it?”

 

Sure. I made it for you, silly. Eat up. I didn’t put much salt though. I add some beans and carrot so you don’t lack of nutrients. Wonshik said sick people have to eat a lot of healthy food. Oh, and, almost forgot. I hope you are happy.

 

“Hm? What is—OOH! You are the best, Taekwoonie! I love you!”

 

Hey, don’t shout like that. You coughed again. Don’t strained you throat like that. Your banana milk won’t go anywhere.

 

“Have you eaten, Taekwoon?”

 

Eat. I think i… Oh, I haven’t.

 

“What? Why? Why won’t you eat? I don’t want you to get sick too…”

 

“I won’t, my stomach hasn’t grumbling yet.”

 

“That doesn’t mean you could skip your meal. Is there more of this soup?”

 

Yes. I purposely cook more since you like my corn soup so much.

 

“Grab a bowl too. I’ll wait here, let’s eat together…”

 

Okay. Now that he mentioned it, I could feel my empty stomach even though it hasn’t… ah, it is grumbling right now. He didn’t hear it, did he? I guess he didn’t or he would scold me because of that. I like to eat but this time I really forgot about food. All I could think about is him. I even called Wonshik again to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong. I checked if Hakyeon chose and drank the right medicine. Wonshik was sighing a lot, I might be disturbing him a lot but I don’t care. This is all for Hakyeon. But I do intend to give something to thank him. Maybe I should tell that customer that Wonshik likes him. What was his name? Lee Hongbin? Yes, Lee Hongbin-shi. I remembered Hakyeon asked his name for Wonshik’s sake. Maybe I could do that to repay him. He would be glad. Yes. Okay, I think this is enough. Let’s go back to Hakyeon.

 

“Come here, Taekwoonie, sit with me.”

 

Ah, I could see that you’re getting better. You’re getting your spirit back, huh? That’s good.

 

“Ooh~ That’s a lot, you must be very hungry~ Let’s eat up!”

 

“There’s more if you want.”

 

Okay~ Ah, still the best soup ever, did you put less salt?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“It’s still good though.”

 

Not bad. I prefer it with more salt and pepper but I don’t think that’s good for you. But it’s not bad. I’m glad that you like it as always. It is the happiest moment when you praise my food. I’m really glad I could make you feel better. It makes me proud, actually. Well, even though I couldn’t do anything without Wonshik.

 

“Finished~ Ne, Taekwoon, is there any leftover?”

 

You want more? That’s great. I’m glad I made more than our usual portion. Let me get some for you.

 

“No, it’s fine, I could get it by myself. I’m much better, you see.”

 

“No, let me.”

 

“It’s fine~ I could stand up like… this...”

 

“Be careful… What’s wrong, Hakyeon?”

 

“Ah, my head is still ache… It’s better than before though. Don’t worry…”

 

You. Don’t push your body too hard, please. You just got better, not fully recovered, slow down, don’t try to do many things. Give yourself a rest and relax for a bit. Now, let me get more soup for you. Just sit here and wait.

 

“Let me come with you. Sitting and lying down bore me, Taekwoon-ah…”

 

“Fine. Don’t walk to fast.”

 

“Okay~”

 

He’s following behind me, still in his pajamas, grabbing into my shirt. He’s really adorable. I’m glad that smile came back to his face. He was suffering a while ago. Even in his sleep. That medicine really do the trick.

 

“Do you want me to re-heat it?”

 

“No, warm is fine with me.”

 

Well, there’s not much left. Only half of the bowl. Is it okay, Hakyeon..? Oh, what are you doing smelling your shirt like that?

 

“Taekwoon-ah. I’m stinky… I think I need a bath.”

 

Stink? No, you don’t stink at all. Oh, well, you smell like sweat but I don’t think that’s stinky. Anyway, you can’t take a bath yet. Wonshik said so.

 

“Wonshik said you can’t have a bath. You just had a fever.”

 

“But I’m stink…”

 

“… Eat. I’ll be right back.”

 

Is it okay for him to take a bath? Wonshik said he can’t take a bath because his body will get too cold and the fever might get worse. Now that his body is cooled down, is it okay to take a shower? Would it be okay if he took a bath with warm water? What’s Wonshik’s number once again? Oh, this…

 

“Wonshik.”

 

[Is there something wrong again, Taekwoon-hyung?]

 

“Is it okay for him to take a bath?”

 

[Has the fever gone?]

 

“Yes.”

 

[Hmm.. But still, I don’t think letting his body in touch with so much water would be a great idea.]

 

“But he wants to take a bath. He doesn’t like his body smells. He said he was sweating.”

 

[Aish, that hyung… Ck, how about this, you can wipe his body with a wet towel, use warm water, that way, you could clean up his body without too much water.]

 

“Soap?”

 

[No need. It’s troublesome, just a warm water to wipe those sweats. And change his clothes. Is he awake right now?]

 

“Okay. Yes, he’s eating. Thank you, Wonshik.”

 

[Ne, hyung. Hoaahmm…]

 

Sleepyhead. Alright, so I should prepare warm water and more towels.

 

“Did you call Wonshik again?”

 

Yes. Just relax and enjoy the soup, I know what to do now. Ah, you’re full already?

 

“It saddened me a bit…”

 

About what? Did I do something wrong?

 

“It’s just… what should I say… You always learn everything from me. I’m always happy to teach you everything, more than happy, but… this time, I wasn’t able to teach you anything, meanwhile you have Wonshik to teach you how to take care of me. Somehow I’m jealous… I mean, I want to be the one who you seek for when you need help or anything. It wasn’t in my plan to be sick and helpless like this, I even worried you a lot…”

 

… So, the reason why you made that face when I said Wonshik’s name is this.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Wait, no! You shouldn’t feel sorry about this! There’s nothing wrong with you, Taekwoonie. It’s just.. I feel so.. I was just jealous of Wonshik. It’s not your fault at all.”

 

“You hate Wonshik?”

 

“No, he’s my friend, I don’t hate him. It’s just…”

 

“He’s dependable. He helped me a lot today. I can’t do anything without his advices. But he sighed and complained a lot. He yawns a lot when I called him. He’s impatient and tends to forgot about the details.”

 

“Ah… well, that’s true…”

 

“You will always be the first person I look for when I’m troubled, Hakyeon. You teach me patiently, you never complain when I didn’t understand anything you said. You always gladly explain everything I don’t grasp. Please don’t be jealous of Wonshik. I went for his help just because I don’t want to make you suffered more than your sickness. It must be troubling you when I asked this and that meanwhile you can’t even think because of that headache.”

 

“Hm…”

 

Should I do that thing to make you relax? You always do that to me when I was half asleep recently. It’s very relaxing. I love it when you do that. It makes my heart races and it gives weird feeling. But I’m quite sure it’s not a bad feeling.

 

“Taekwoon…”

 

“Don’t worry too much.”

 

“Why would you kiss me…?”

 

Ah, so it named ‘kiss’ here. It named ‘blessing’ at where I lived before.

 

“You do that every night. Recently.”

 

“You knew!?”

 

“I’m half asleep.”

 

“Every time?!”

 

“I think.”

 

“Oh, God!”

 

“It felt good though.”

 

“Good..?”

 

“I like it when you kiss my forehead every night. It’s relaxing.”

 

“You don’t dislike it? You don’t find it weird?”

 

“No, my… father used to do that to us a lot.”

 

“Ah, you’re right. Gender wasn’t a problem there.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Oh, no, nothing.”

 

“Finish your soup.”

 

“Where are you going, Taekwoonie?”

 

“To get warm water.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For your bath.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“Wonshik said you can’t take a bath because too much contact with water will make your body even colder. So he suggested to just wipe your sweats with warm water and change your clothes since you’re uncomfortable with it.”

 

“Huh?! But…”

 

“Just empty your bowl first. I’ll prepare your bath.”

 

Where did I put that basin? Ah, there it is. Then, warm water. I think this is enough, it doesn’t too hot either. And then towel. Right, everything is prepared.

 

“Hakyeon, let’s… Is your body hot again?”

 

“Hm? Ah, no, I’m fine, really.”

 

Your face is red. Let me check. No, the heat is pretty normal. Something wrong? You ate too much?

 

“No, Taekwoon, I’m fine~ I just ate too fast earlier.”

 

“Have you done eating?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Let’s wipe your body.”

 

“Uh, Taekwoon… It’s fine if I just change my clothes…”

 

“But you’re uncomfortable with that, aren’t you?”

 

“Yes… Still…”

 

“Sit here, open your clothes.”

 

Where do I put this basin? I guess here’s fine. Have you done? Hakyeon? Why are you looking so serious all of the sudden?

 

“Hakyeon? Is something wrong?”

 

Does your stomach hurt? Your throat sore again? Why are you so quiet?

 

“Huh? Oh, no, nothing, hehehe… Um, Taekwoon, I think I could wash my body myself. I’ve troubled you too much.”

 

“It’s okay, I—“

 

“I just… I don’t want you to see my body. It’s not as nice as yours, it’s kinda.. embarrassing…”

 

Ah. I see. It’s not something to be embarrassed about though. We’re both male. Our body is pretty much the same although yours is thinner. Although, I like your defined collarbone and your long neck. Well, if you don’t want to let me see your body, I think I don’t have any choice. Are you sure you don’t need my help? I could help you wash your back.

 

“It’s okay, Taekwoonie, I’m healthy enough to just wipe my body with wet towel. Stop worrying so much~”

 

Hh… Fine then. I’ll wait outside.

 

“Thank you, Taekwoon.”

 

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to change your clothes. What now? I think I’d better wash the dishes now. Not that I want to. I hate doing chores that gets me wet. So troublesome. But Hakyeon never like untidiness. So, well, I have to do it. And now… from where should I begin washing? I guess I just start from the pot I used earlier. I didn’t even realized I used so many kitchen tools in a day. It got so piled up like this because I didn’t wash them immediately like Hakyeon usually does. Besides, I have to went out and bought some food and medicine for him. So, I just left them here. Anyway, I… didn’t know he would be jealous of Wonshik like that. He will always be the first person in my life. Wonshik was just… Wonshik. Nothing more. He will always be the one I love. I don’t love Wonshik like I love him. Wonshik is plainly Wonshik. It will always be you, Hakyeon. But human has a complicated kind of love. There’s love between family, like mother and child or friends, and there’s also a love like what Wonshik had for his favourite customer. That sharp mouthed person, Lee Hongbin. He sometimes makes Hakyeon grumbles. Hakyeon teases Wonshik about that, he said it is one sided love. I thought it is sad kind of love. Wonshik keep on watching him from afar, just recently he gathers his courage and serves him by himself. He always pushed Hakyeon to serve him before, I was really annoyed because of that. Such a coward. And then there’s also this kind of love where you love them enough to want them to be with you forever. I still don’t know what kind of love between me and Hakyeon. I just love him. It hasn’t been long that I knew him, it’s just… I feel he’s very dearly to me. He’s one precious little human. Oh, there’s no more dishes left? So, this is the last spoon? Okay then, I’ll wash my hand first and go back to him. He might be already finished right now.

 

“Hak--”

 

Is that…? A scar? It’s so…  What happened…? Why..?

 

“Hakyeon?”

 

“Woah! Taekwoon! I didn’t know you were there! W-what’s wrong?”

 

“What is that?”

 

“What was what?”

 

“That scar on your back…”

 


 

Extra long update! Let's celebrate 2014!! Happy New Year everyone!!!!