Days Before - A Fallen Named Leo

Winter Breeze

“Leo-yah? Ah… you’re dozing off again…”

 

Huh? Oh.. Ah.. I’m sorry. What were you talking about?

 

“I was just… hhhh… forget it.”

 

“Sorry…”

 

“No, that’s okay, really. It’s nothing important. It’s about my complains towards Sire Kris again. I bet you might be bored by it. Anyway, have you heard?”

 

Heard what?

 

“Father had sent down a Fallen last night.”

 

More Fallens… What’s with those people…? What are they doing until they got into that kind of mess? Never once crossed in my head about being a human. Well, I was also a human before, but since I didn’t remember it and just heard the news about Earth from here. I don’t think that’s a good idea to be tested by Father like that.

 

“An Angel?”

 

“Yup, they’re getting more and more, recently. Father has recruited more members though. Our job won’t get piled up.”

 

It was not a long time since I last heard about ones being a Fallen. 2 days ago to be exact. But it wasn’t an Angel though. It was a Death named Ravi. People said they didn’t expect him to be a Fallen since he really enjoys his job as a Death. Not like anyone else. For me, I didn’t know him at all. So, it’s not my concern. But his reason for being a Fallen is somehow foolish. A Death, saving a single human’s life is very ironic.

 

“Hey, Leo, isn’t it the time to go back to your human?”

 

Ah, yes, it’s almost the time. I finished my repot early though, so I could relax for a while.

 

“I’m going to back to mine too. Ah, Huang Zitao really are a troublesome kid~”

 

“Hang in there, Lay…”

 

“I will~ I hate it when Sire Kris scolded me about it. I am not lazy, it’s just this kid is have too much problems! And I still have to be his guardian for… how old is he right now? 12? It means 66 years more! Argh!”

 

“He will change when he grew up…”

 

“Don’t compare him with your pretty Sojin…”

 

“I’m going first, Lay.”

 

“Oh, right~ Bye, see ya next year!”

 


 

 

Why does woman go shopping for the longest time?

 

“Oh, this dress is cute, Minah! Try it out!”

 

“But! Unnieee~ Aish, fine~”

 

She’s the first human I’ve ever companied. Lay said when you got a woman at your first job as a guardian, you will learn a lot about how Earth works. Well, it didn’t take me that long to learn about Earth from her help all these 26 years. We were used to be a human too. But only the high ranked Angels have the knowledge of their past life. As for me, I only learn from what I see. Humans eat, they use what they called toilet, they need to wet their body and clean it with that bubbly thing called soap, as for Sojin, she often changing the smell of those soaps. And all other things I found weird and different from us. We look just like them, but we don’t need to eat and all those troublesome things. We just don’t have that function.

 

“Whoa! Unnie! Unnie! Look! It’s that new guy everyone was talking about!”

 

“What!? What? Ah, geez, Cha-ahjusshi’s foster son? That man whose walking..”

 

“Yesss! Isn’t he charming?”

 

“Well, not my type.”

 

“Ah, he’s smile is really sweet…”

 

Hm. Well, his silver hair is really beautiful too…

 


 

 

Cha Hakyeon. That’s his name. The one Sojin’s friend like. I’ve never seen him around until 2 weeks ago. He’s always walk pass Sojin’s house in the morning. He listens to a nice music while he walks. From what I heard from Sojin’s conversation with all her friends, he became a foster son of the Cha Family in their neighborhood. It’s still a mystery about how they got him in their family. The family has no children in their house. Maybe they got lonely and adopt him. It’s a little strange because humans usually adopt another human in a very young age, but this Cha Hakyeon is already 24 years old.

 

07:30 A.M.

 

Hey, Sojin. Come on, wake up. You have to go work…

 

“Nghhh…”

 

Oy.. This woman. Don’t turn off the alarm again for the hundreds time. Just wake up already.

 

“Uhhh, 5 more minutes…”

 

For Heaven’s sake. This woman is really not a morning person.

 

Wait, 07:33 A.M. He’s going to pass in front of this house soon.

 

Ah, there he is.

 

Polite to other people as usual. And his smile.

 

It’s really attractive.

 


 

 

“What is this, Leo-hyung?”

 

“Sojin’s yearly report.”

 

“No, I meant what is this significant down grade of her daily routine?”

 

 

“She’s getting later at waking up in the morning. She wastes her money more when she goes shopping. She spent too much time on a café. She becomes too often going to a fast food restaurant at lunch.”

 

“There’s some upgrading too…”

 

“Well yes, she takes more overtime works. She was lazy before. She jogs every weekend. She shops for vegetable and cook a healthy dinner. Well. She’s making progress in her love life.”

 

I told you so.

 

“Well, I know this is quite a balance year. But, Leo-hyung, your performance never this poor. I mean, this is the most down grading report I’ve seen from you. We should be able to make a human's life better.”

 

“… I’m sorry, Sire Hyuk…”

 

“What’s wrong, hyung? Is there something that distract you?”

 

“No…”

 

“Well, why then?”

 

“… I… found this human.”

 

“Sojin?”

 

“No, a human in her neighborhood…”

 

“Then…”

 

“He just… I can’t averted my eyes from him.”

 

“So, that person distracted you.”

 

Well, I guess… Technically.

 

“I will remind you, Leo-hyung. We are forbid to have an interest in human being, Leo-hyung. Moreover, you got as far as neglecting your guarded human. That’s not allowed. You have to keep focus on Miss Sojin. That human is already another Angel’s business. You got that?”

 

“Yes... Sire…”

 

“Well, it’s good enough that it’s not all downgrading…”

 

“But…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I don’t think he has an Angel following him around.”

 


 

 

Cha Hakyeon.

 

So, this person used to be like me.

 

Why would he become a human? What makes him? What did he do? What was his name before that?

 

So many question that I can’t find the answer. What does he look with wings? What was his hair color? Is it silver like it is now? It suits him though. I think a red hair like mine would look good in him too.

 

Oh, those girls try to make a conversation with him again. Well, he likes to talk. It sort of exhausting to watch him talk every day. But he really likes to talk. And he look confident with that. It’s fun to watch.

 

He’s always polite to people, even strangers. He always welcomes his customers in that café with his adorable smile. I don’t know. I found him really attractive. His hair, his milky chocolate skin color, his smile, the way he walks, the way he talks a lot, even though it looks exhausting, his laughed, his personality. Everything about him seems perfect. I can’t take my eyes from him.

 

I just… I want to know him more. I just get to see him 26 hours each week during Sojin’s activities. It’s been almost 2 years since I first saw him. Yet, I still couldn’t help but want to be with him. I want to grab his cold hands when he goes home alone. Walk alongside him on the side walk. Hearing him talk or telling stories to me. I want to be all around him.

 

I know this is wrong, but… I want it that way.

 

“Minah… I really, I think I will tell him.”

 

“Tell him what? Isn’t it too fast, unnie?”

 

“I.. I can’t hold it anymore… I want to be beside him. I want to hug him, kiss him, I want to spend my time with him. I want to cuddle with him on the bed, in a cold raining weather. He’s the one, Minah.”

 

“I know you’ve been feeling like that toward him, unnie… But, are you sure?”

 

“Yes. I’m sure this time. I know he’s the one. I really love him.”

 

Love…?

 


 

 

“LEO-HYUNG!! What are you doing!? Goodness!”

 

It.. actually… felt bad…

 

“Took him in the infirmary! Quick!”

 

Is this… pain?

 

“Are you crazy, hyung?! You just pulled your wing out from it’s place with your own hands! What exactly is in your mind!?”

 

I… I just… I just want to be with him…

 

“For Heaven’s sake! Your back is leaking so much blood! Hurry! Take care of him!”

 

“Sire Hyuk…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I want to be a human…”

 


 

 

“Father, I’ve arrived for you.”

 

“Hyuk, my child. Where is he?”

 

“He’s in front of your chamber. Would you like to let him in?”

 

“Yes, please let him in. I would like to have a conversation with him.”

 

“Affirmative, Father.”

 

So, this is it, huh? I’ve never thought I would experience this. A direct conversation with The Almighty God. Without one of my wings.

 

“Come in, Leo-hyung.”

 

“Ah, welcome, my dear child.”

 

“I… I beg your pardon, Father…”

 

“No need to be nervous, son. Make yourself comfortable.”

 

“Yes… Thank you, Father…”

 

"How is your wounded wing? Is it still hurting you?"

 

"I could still feel the pain... But it's better then days before..."

 

“Now then, Leo, my child, I want to hear your story of why you throw away one of your wings that I gave you.”

 

This is it…

 

“Yes, Father… I… I have taken an interest in a human. A Fallen…”

 

“Ah… What kind of interest is it?”

 

“…. I fell in love with him.”

 

“Oh. What makes you feel like that, son?”

 

“His silver hair. The way he talks. His smiles. He is too perfect for me, Father. He’s all I don’t have. And I can’t help… I feel like I’m being greedy, but… I want him to be mine.. I… I meant… I want to know him, I want him to be able to see me, I want to be with him…”

 

“And is that your way of love?”

 

“I… I don’t really know… I just learn about love from the human I guarded all this time…”

 

“Hahaha… Sweet child.”

 

Ah… did i… speak something funny…?

 

“You really are one of a kind. So, then because of those reasons, you want to be a human?”

 

“Y-yes…”

 

“I want you to show me your determination.”

 

Determination?

 

“I want to know how much you want to be beside that Fallen that you adore so much.”

 

How…? What kind of determination? I… I don’t understand, Father.

 

“You’ve broke your wing, you shouldn’t hesitate now, should you?”

 

Hesitate..? Broke my--… Ah, I understand now, Father. I… I will show you my determination.

 

“Leo-hyung!? Wait, what are you doing!? Father, this has to stop!”

 

“No, Hyuk. Let him be.”

 

“But, Father!”

 

“Argh! Ahh!!! Nghhh! Ghhh…”

 

The pain… It's... almost undearable... It really hurts... And my hands... They're covered with my own blood... Oh, Heaven, it’s twice the pain I made with my other wing… I hope this is proved enough that i want to be able to be a human just like him...

 

“Oh, goodness… Leo-hyung…”

 

“Fine, Leo, I shall abandon you as an Angel. From now on you will live as a human. You will keep become a Fallen until Death came to you, by that day your life will be on my grasp. As a Fallen, you will not have a guardian Angel by your side and you won’t be able to see them, but as for my Archangels like Hyuk here, his being will be able to get on you sight. Is this what you want, son?”

 

“Yes… Father… T-thank you…”

 

“You shouldn’t thank me for your punishment, my dear child. Oh, I will grant one last wish from you, but you have to give something in return.”

 

Last wish? I… I got a wish… What should I wish for..? What should I gave in return…?

 

“Hyuk, open the Earth portal for me, please.”

 

“Yes, Father.”

 

“So, what is your wish, Leo?”

 

“I want to be with him in Earth…”

 

“And then?”

 

“I will give you my memory of him in return…”

 

Because I’m sure I will definitely remember the feeling I had for him even though I won’t recognize him.

 

“Ah, are you sure about that?”

 

“Yes… Father….”

 

“Fine. I’ll hold on your wish. I will now send you to Earth, Leo. Take care, my child. Comeback to Heaven soon. We will always welcome you back.”

 

I could finally meet you, Hakyeon.

 


Unrelated chapter image, lol :D Wish me luck on my exams so i could go back on writing :'))